Hacking Going to buy a CycloDS

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, my R4 is pretty much hitting the kicker, so I'm gonna get a new card. I heard that CycloDS is currently the bets one of there, so I'm going for that.

I am curious though. If I buy it from here, would it be reliable?

Thanks.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're VERY reliable. Every flashcart I've ever bought has come from them. You will usually receive your order within a week using USPS express mail.

I've bought 5 R4DS's (a while ago) for me and then for friends. I also bought; a CycloDS, two Supercard miniSD's and an M3 Perfect mini from them.

Never had a problem.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
I've bought 5 R4DS's (a while ago)

Sure noob ^^ Go take your R4 pride parade elsewhere
wink.gif

On topic: Yes they are reliable and so it the cyclo itself. Enjoy!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not even reading your post, I see you are in the US, so here is what you need to do:

Go to RealHotStuff.com
Ship DHL.
Be Happy.

Make sure to use CycloEdit to keep everything up to date
smile.gif

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS works like the R4, right? More or less?

Say, if I had games staggering, slowing down, or generally losing sync on the R4, would this also be occurring on the DS? This occurs on my R4.

Also, does the CycloDS have a demonic spring?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:
The CycloDS works like the R4, right? More or less?

Say, if I had games staggering, slowing down, or generally losing sync on the R4, would this also be occurring on the DS? This occurs on my R4.

Also, does the CycloDS have a demonic spring?
Slow-down in games depends more on the MicroSD than the flash cart.
And no the CycloDS does not have a spring.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:
Ah, I had a 1GB Kingdom JP microSD card.

Would a 2GB one fix that?
No the 1GB should run better than 2GB. Maybe you just got a bad or fake card. Do you remember which games in particular caused lag?

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goofy Time said:

I hear nothing but great things about the Kingston 1GB MicroSD (Japan)
Does it actually say "Japan" above the serial number on the memory? Or you think it was Japan made.

Kingston also deals with Taiwan and China made memory SD(HC) cards.
http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...page=wheretobuy
lecture.gif

Scroll down to USA. I recommend Dealwoot.com ... nothing but great communication with them, service, and the cheapest I have found.

Cheers mate

PS. You could also look into a A-DATA 4GB MicroSDHC Class 6... From different peoples opinion though it's a hit or miss on the card quality and speeds.

Goofy Time

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Goofy Time said:

No the 1GB should run better than 2GB. Maybe you just got a bad or fake card. Do you remember which games in particular caused lag?

It loses sync in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin's and Sonic Rush Adventure's intro screens. It studders on many FMV's in Sonic Chronicles, and the framerate slows down in Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia, if enough stuff is exploding.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goofy Time said:
DeMoN said:
Goofy Time said:

It loses sync in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin's and Sonic Rush Adventure's intro screens. It studders on many FMV's in Sonic Chronicles, and the framerate slows down in Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia, if enough stuff is exploding.
Meh, I don't really think there's anything you can do about that. All microSDs will lag to an extent.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Goofy Time said:
DeMoN said:
Goofy Time said:

Meh, I don't really think there's anything you can do about that. All microSDs will lag to an extent.
Most of the time the freezeups in PoR only occur if I try. But yes, they will lag, most of the time not much though. There's just that problem game.

Phreaker47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is the card to get now?

I've been out of the NDS loop for a while. I still have an original R4 and will probably just stick with that (I guess I'll have to patch some new games when I get around to it).

My friend, though, is probably getting a DS in the next few days. I take it this is probably the card I should recommend to him?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Phreaker47 said:
So, this is the card to get now?

I've been out of the NDS loop for a while. I still have an original R4 and will probably just stick with that (I guess I'll have to patch some new games when I get around to it).

My friend, though, is probably getting a DS in the next few days. I take it this is probably the card I should recommend to him?

As a cyclo owner I have to say this.. if you want good support, lots of features, and good build quality, then stick with the cyclo. Its worth the few extra bucks (for me). Not everone will use the extra features though (realtime save/load, slow motion, text reader) and if you are one of the ones that wont, you can save a LOT of money sticking with ane Acekard 2.1, or even an EDGE. I have used every one of these cards and I can tell you they are all decent. (Have also used R4, and before that a slot 2 solution with passme =) )

@Seven

I'm not. Thanks for your concern though. Get yourself a sense of humour man
tongue.gif
Just was bustin his chops

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lolzed said:
nice but,just wondering,is there any shipping prices included or none?

Im not sure exactly what you are asking, but the Acekard 2.1 or the EDGE are both available at Dealextreme.com with worldwide shipping included. Shipping is rather slow but the prices are great.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
lolzed said:
nice but,just wondering,is there any shipping prices included or none?

Im not sure exactly what you are asking, but the Acekard 2.1 or the EDGE are both available at Dealextreme.com with worldwide shipping included. Shipping is rather slow but the prices are great.
im saying,that if you buy cyclo or any other product,will there be shipping fees to pay for buyers outside of US and Canada?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)