Hacking GodMode9 launching instead of Luma chainloader?

Sakurika

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am following this page: https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s to update my bootstrap but when I hold start on boot, GodMode9 launches instead of Luma chain loader. I am on Luma 7.1-c73fec4 (that's what it says when I opened the app). I have the latest version of Luma Updater. I made sure to copy all the files correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Figured it out, had to change my boot.firm to the Luma 7.1 version.

Last edited by Sakurika,

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is because godmode9 is the only payload in your payloads folder. And Luma 7.1 will auto chain load if there's only one payload present when holding Start.

LauncherMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.co.uk
XP
Country
you should try to check if luma is at the latest version and also if godmode9 (in the payload folder) hasn't been set to a key combo to launch it when booting e.g start_payload.firm

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true too. Luma will boot a firm from the payloads folder if the filename starts with a button name, like start_godmode9.firm, and you're holding that button down. Check your payloads folder. You should only have two files in there: SafeB9SInstaller.firm and GodMode9.firm. Rename anything with filename of start_*.firm.

MrVegeta1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Ok so here is my Problem. I have done everything. When I press Start upon start up it loads Godmode9 and deletes everything that I placed in the payloads folder.
Please help. Been at it for days and I realy hope that I did not Brick my device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0