GodMode9 launching instead of Luma chainloader?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sakurika, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sakurika
    OP

Sakurika Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    Small Midwest town
    I am following this page: https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s to update my bootstrap but when I hold start on boot, GodMode9 launches instead of Luma chain loader. I am on Luma 7.1-c73fec4 (that's what it says when I opened the app). I have the latest version of Luma Updater. I made sure to copy all the files correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Figured it out, had to change my boot.firm to the Luma 7.1 version.

Last edited by Sakurika, Jan 1, 2018
  2. kraqh3d

kraqh3d Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    United States
    I think this is because godmode9 is the only payload in your payloads folder. And Luma 7.1 will auto chain load if there's only one payload present when holding Start.

3. LauncherMan

LauncherMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    England
    you should try to check if luma is at the latest version and also if godmode9 (in the payload folder) hasn't been set to a key combo to launch it when booting e.g start_payload.firm

4. kraqh3d

kraqh3d Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2009
    United States
    That's true too. Luma will boot a firm from the payloads folder if the filename starts with a button name, like start_godmode9.firm, and you're holding that button down. Check your payloads folder. You should only have two files in there: SafeB9SInstaller.firm and GodMode9.firm. Rename anything with filename of start_*.firm.

5. lorysbenjamin
    This message by lorysbenjamin has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jan 3, 2018.
    Jan 2, 2018
  6. MrVegeta1985

MrVegeta1985 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2019
    South Africa
    Ok so here is my Problem. I have done everything. When I press Start upon start up it loads Godmode9 and deletes everything that I placed in the payloads folder.
    Please help. Been at it for days and I realy hope that I did not Brick my device.