Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Everything looks named correctly, and it's definitely booting from SD card not CTR-NAND, so I don't know why it isn't working. However, you can get around it by putting GodMode9.firm on the root and renaming it to boot.firm (rename the original one something else temporarily). This way you'll automatically boot into it.

Edit: Maybe your Start button doesn't work? You can test this with a homebrew for testing your buttons, here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-button-test-a-very-simple-button-testing-application.471147/

Last edited by Quantumcat,

johnnytaco733

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gm9.png
OK, it boots straight into God Mode 9 when changing it to boot.firm in ROOT, We're getting somewhere! ...now here's what's happening.

Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS:
  1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot
  2. If you are prompted to create an essential files backup, press (A) to do so, then press (A) to continue once it has completed
  3. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  4. Select “More…”
  5. Select “Scripts…”
  6. Select “setup_ctrnand_luma3ds” When I get to this step, "setupctrnand_luma3ds" is not available to select.
gm9 folder contains only these (see pic) in "scripts"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

found the setup file that needs to go in there...figured that out. on to the next step!

thank you for your help on this!

Last edited by johnnytaco733,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ive done all the steps, but now when i boot without an sd it boots GodMode
You need to put boot.firm from Luma in the CTR-NAND. You can do this through FBI - go to SD and copy boot.firm, then paste it in the CTR-NAND (overwrite the one that is there). I think this is because the script copies the one you have on your root at the time, and that was GodMode9 at that time instead of Luma.

D

Deleted User

@Quantumcat is it possible to boot godmode9 with Firmware 11.4? My sd card broke before i could update AH9L to Boot9strap. Luma works fine. I am on luma Version 7.1.
I tried the solutions from above.

Acide0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had Luma for about 6 months now. I updated to sighax and everything was fine but today I decided to update to Bootstrap 1.2 I was following the steps on https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s.html and everything was going well till it told me to launch godmode9 to update the bootstrap but when I turned on my 3ds it just launches the home menu. It worked fine before.
New 3ds Xl version 11.4.0-37U
Luma version: 7.1
Need to press and hold start when powering on...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Quantumcat is it possible to boot godmode9 with Firmware 11.4? My sd card broke before i could update AH9L to Boot9strap. Luma works fine. I am on luma Version 7.1.
If you are still on A9LH, you will need to grab yourself an older version of GodMode9
Your OFW will not effect A9LH (nor B9S) nor any payloads involved, as they all boot long before the NAND is even mounted. Although I highly suggest you update to B9S.

Last edited by The Catboy,
D

Deleted User

Thanks for the replys. I tried it again with the older version of godmode9. I press and hold start before starting the 3ds, the 3ds boots into the menu. The godmode9.firm is in the luma order on the root of the sd card.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive done all the steps, but now when i boot without an sd it boots GodMode

The script copies sd:/boot.firm to the sysnand and you swapped files to boot Godmode9. If you look at the script, it has this line:
cp 0:/boot.firm 1:/boot.firm

0: is the sdcard
1: is sysnand

You can edit the script to copy your renamed luma firm like this (example assuming you renamed the luma boot.firm to luma.firm):
cp 0:/luma.firm 1:/boot.firm

Or you could rename the files back from godmode9. It should be safe to do that once its booted. You'll have to navigate the [0:] SDCARD section.

Do you mean your SD card slot is completely broken (it cant read any cards) and so you're running entirely off sysnand?

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the replys. I tried it again with the older version of godmode9. I press and hold start before starting the 3ds, the 3ds boots into the menu. The godmode9.firm is in the luma order on the root of the sd card.

Are you sure you're running Luma 7.1? I'm fairly certain that's the version where Luma dropped support for all entry points except B9S. Assuming you are Luma 7.0.x or earlier since you mention you're running AH9L, you will need the .bin version of godmode. And I think the chainloader menu was added with 7.1, so you probably need to name the paylaod as start_godmode9.bin and it needs to be in sd:/luma/payloads.

Updates:

I was wrong. The chainloader was added in 7.0:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0

And 7.1 does not support AH9L:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

Last edited by kraqh3d,
D

Deleted User

If you have A9LH you need the bin file not the firm file.

I tried both, bin and firm.

Are you sure you're running Luma 7.1? I'm fairly certain that's the version where Luma dropped support for all
entry points except B9S. Assuming you are Luma 7.0.x or earlier since you mention you're running AH9L, you will need the .bin version of godmode. And I think the chainloader menu was added with 7.1, so you probably need to name the paylaod as start_godmode9.bin and it needs to be in sd:/luma/payloads.

Updates:

I was wrong. The chainloader was added in 7.0:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.0

And 7.1 does not support AH9L:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

Yes, luma 3ds menu says V.7.1 configuration. Could it be that i installed the wrong Luma Version for my Firmware? :mellow:
This could mean that i don´t have acess to ah9l anymore since the payloads are patched on this Firmware.

Last edited by ,

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dodain47
Hmmm. Based off the github release notes, Luma 7.1 should not boot with AH9L. This version should only boot with the earlier B9S v1.0 and v1.1. (And Luma 8.0+ requires B9S v1.2.) What's on your SDcard? Let's confirm the chainloader menu is loading on start. Put two firms in sd:/luma/payloads. If there's more than one, the menu will load and you'll see the firm filenames. (Luma 7.1 will only load payloads in firm format. Prior versions used bin format.)

D

Deleted User

@Dodain47
Hmmm. Based off the github release notes, Luma 7.1 should not boot with AH9L. This version should only boot with the earlier B9S v1.0 and v1.1. (And Luma 8.0+ requires B9S v1.2.) What's on your SDcard? Let's confirm the chainloader menu is loading on start. Put two firms in sd:/luma/payloads. If there's more than one, the menu will load and you'll see the firm filenames. (Luma 7.1 will only load payloads in firm format. Prior versions used bin format.)
I tried again with two firm files in luma/payloads. It doesn´t work. I uploaded 2 Pictures of my SD card setting.

Attachments

• SD Card root.jpg
    SD Card root.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 848
  • Luma Folder.jpg
    Luma Folder.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 607

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma 7.1 does not have an arm9loaderhax.bin file. It only boots from a boot.firm file which is not on your SD card. That's ok though. It may be on sysnand. And if Luma is loading from sysnand, it will look for payloads in sysnand:/rw/luma/payloads. Try this...

Power off, pop out your SD card, hold Select, and power up.

If you get the Luma 7.1 menu, you're running the early B9S and booting Luma 7.1 firm directly from sysnand. Download Luma 7.1 from the link above and copy boot.firm to the root of your SD card. Delete sd:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.bin. Put your SD card back and boot up holding Start, and you should get the menu.

If you don't get the Luma menu, then I'm at a loss. I'm not sure where its booting because it can't be that arm9loaderhax.bin file on your SD card. That's not Luma 7.1. As a test, you can rename that file to arm9loaderhax.binx and boot.

Reactions: Serpenter_Rex
D

Deleted User

Luma 7.1 does not have an arm9loaderhax.bin file. It only boots from a boot.firm file which is not on your SD card. That's ok though. It may be on sysnand. And if Luma is loading from sysnand, it will look for payloads in sysnand:/rw/luma/payloads. Try this...

Power off, pop out your SD card, hold Select, and power up.

If you get the Luma 7.1 menu, you're running the early B9S and booting Luma 7.1 firm directly from sysnand. Download Luma 7.1 from the link above and copy boot.firm to the root of your SD card. Delete sd:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.bin. Put your SD card back and boot up holding Start, and you should get the menu.

If you don't get the Luma menu, then I'm at a loss. I'm not sure where its booting because it can't be that arm9loaderhax.bin file on your SD card. That's not Luma 7.1. As a test, you can rename that file to arm9loaderhax.binx and boot.
Yes!!! I got to the Menu. Now lets see.. My guess is that i have to use autoboot emunand now?

Great. I got into Godmode9! I put Godmode9.firm on the root of the Sd card and renamed it to boot.firm.

Thanks a ton for bearing with me! :hrth:I got the FBI injector installed again. I will update to boot9strap asap.

kraqh3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. I got into Godmode9! I put Godmode9.firm on the root of the Sd card and renamed it to boot.firm.

If this worked, then you are most likely using the older B9S and Luma 7.1 was booting from off your sysnand. While what you did works, you will now always boot into GodMode9 when the SD card is inserted. I suggest you follow this page to update B9S and Luma. https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

If for some reason you want to remain as-is, download the Luma 7.1 package and put boot.firm on your SD card, overwriting your GodMode9 version. You still have GodMode9 in sd:/luma/payloads. Once Luma 7.1 is loading from the SD card, it will also load the payload menu from SD card from Start.

Yes!!! I got to the Menu. Now lets see.. My guess is that i have to use autoboot emunand now?

If you want to load an Emunand, then yes. Select Autoboot Emunand, and make sure its on Emunand 1(x) as default.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...