Hacking God Eater 2 Translation (Looking for translators!)

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep up good work guys! Been waiting for this for quite sometime. I dont have enough money to buy a PS vita or 3DS so im looking forward to the day this will finaly be released!

Reactions: Braig

mofonut198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is it, I refunded the damn GE2 on steam. Despite having a good pc, I cant play it with staple fps and the English voice is awful. It seems like it hates Nvidia cards for some reasons. They fucked up another port. I really want to support the studio but they keep throwing insult at me. The Toukiden port is........so bad that I went back to play the Japanese Toukiden Kiwami on psp. Sometimes, I suspect the Japanese companies dont really care much about pc or foreign market or something and put really low effort to port their games.

Intel core 2 duo 4.2 ghz, 8gb ram, geforce gt 740, window 7 64 bit.

I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. English voices are fine so far. Ciel and Nana are captured well. The only issues I have so far with the english voices are Sakaki's voice(they changed his VA from the one in Burst) and Hikari no Aria english version. Yuno's english voice is.........tolerable.
Also, I run it with Geforce 920m, which seems to be worse than yours, and Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40GHz that I pushed to 3GHz. It's no 60 fps, but it's definitely playable.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is it, I refunded the damn GE2 on steam. Despite having a good pc, I cant play it with staple fps and the English voice is awful. It seems like it hates Nvidia cards for some reasons. They fucked up another port. I really want to support the studio but they keep throwing insult at me. The Toukiden port is........so bad that I went back to play the Japanese Toukiden Kiwami on psp. Sometimes, I suspect the Japanese companies dont really care much about pc or foreign market or something and put really low effort to port their games.

Well, I played both Toukiden on the Vita and had no problems, haven't had any issues with God Eater Resurrection yet (want to finish resurrection and then move on to GE2) and the English voices are decent enough (even though I'd prefer the original audio). >.>
The thing with these games is that they were originally for portable systems and then they try to port them to PC, which not always works 100%

soluuloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm gonna disagree with you on that one. English voices are fine so far. Ciel and Nana are captured well. The only issues I have so far with the english voices are Sakaki's voice(they changed his VA from the one in Burst) and Hikari no Aria english version. Yuno's english voice is.........tolerable.
Also, I run it with Geforce 920m, which seems to be worse than yours, and Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40GHz that I pushed to 3GHz. It's no 60 fps, but it's definitely playable.
Do you sometimes experience random crash after finishing a mission?

jorji109

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well this thread has gone quiet, let's talk about something, like anyone here already started playing the game in japanese ?

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well this thread has gone quiet, let's talk about something, like anyone here already started playing the game in japanese ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not me bacause it's almost impossible for me to play this in japanese because of the materials and items and using trial and error to figure out which item is which will be very time cosuming and not to mention I want to also understand the story.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't know what you're getting into, but the project's still alive and kicking.
If you're talking about the recent release of the updated version, it doesn't matter. Plenty of people will still play this version :).

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know what you're getting into, but the project's still alive and kicking.
If you're talking about the recent release of the updated version, it doesn't matter. Plenty of people will still play this version :).
I hope you're right :)

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thing is the Devs of this translation would be better off just ripping the text files from the game and replace them in the Japanese game,
that way you get a sort of undub, with English text and Japanese voices. Also, when I was looking at the translation there where a lot of lines
copy pasted directly from Google Translate and they were not only horrible but also completely wrong. I don't mean to bash on the people who
worked hard on this but I think Google Translate contributors should be banned lol. At this point It would be best to just copy/paste
from the official translation.
Was the whole project done with google translate or just the last part?

Rageous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can say for sure that people who can't play the PC port cuz of crappy hardware are definitely gonna play this psp version instead. One thing we can probably do is give this project some visibility in Steam forums because there might be people looking forward to play the pc port but can't and they might be interested in this and help out if they can. (Without letting authorities get a hold of this of course :ph34r::ninja:)

Well I know I'm playing this fan-translated version cuz I have been here for a while and there's no way I'm gonna miss the day this project get done.

STILL HYPING FOR THIS BRUH!!!!
:yayps3::psp::psp::yayps3::yaypsp::yaypsp::yaypsp::yaypsp:

Last edited by Rageous,

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Was the whole project done with google translate or just the last part?

I only donated around 50 lines at the end so I don't know much about this project, but the lines I saw all had Google translate in them.
GT only makes it worse for Japanese because the sentences are structured the reverse as in English with the verb at the end (Kinda like Yoda lol)

Last edited by Zeriel,

Golden_Sonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know why GE2 doesn't run on ppsspp for Android? I've already finished 3 times GEB and no problems. When I start the game in GE2, in the "press start" screen it's alright but just before pressing the "new game" option a strange message in Japanese appear with the "ok" button, then I press "new game" and I'm back in the "press start" screen. Sorry for my English but I don't know how to explain better. If someone knows how to solve it up, a hand would be appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Braig

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know why GE2 doesn't run on ppsspp for Android? I've already finished 3 times GEB and no problems. When I start the game in GE2, in the "press start" screen it's alright but just before pressing the "new game" option a strange message in Japanese appear with the "ok" button, then I press "new game" and I'm back in the "press start" screen. Sorry for my English but I don't know how to explain better. If someone knows how to solve it up, a hand would be appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Maybe because You downloaded the 1.40 patch that can run only on a ppsspp modified build that there's only for computer...you must download the original iso.
If you downloaded the original iso and still doesn't work try to create a game confing and copy the same settings of this video
Don't worry the settings are in english:D

Last edited by Braig,

jorji109

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not me bacause it's almost impossible for me to play this in japanese because of the materials and items and using trial and error to figure out which item is which will be very time cosuming and not to mention I want to also understand the story.
Well aren't games supposed to be time consuming and makes you figure things out ? (especially when you can't read it's language, am I right? but to be honest this is the first Japanese only game that I have played, but things works better than I thought the first time I tried playing it) but you're right on the wanting to know the story thing since you won't be knowing what the heck are they saying and it's a bit irritating since almost everybody wants to know the story and stuff. sorry if there's any misspelling. thank you for reading. And Good Luck to team hope this project go fast and right.

OkashiYujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hey, i even make a note which monster drop the item, their weakness, and which part that can be destroyed. And believe or not its time consuming but i still have fun play it, the only problem is im not know the story

Golden_Sonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe because You downloaded the 1.40 patch that can run only on a ppsspp modified build that there's only for computer...you must download the original iso.
If you downloaded the original iso and still doesn't work try to create a game confing and copy the same settings of this video
Don't worry the settings are in english:D

I tried to follow the settings in the video but nothing changes. Sei italiano? Se si non è che possiamo parlare in privato in qualche modo?

Alexdev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know the project is still kicking but don't give up guys you've come so far. This may be the last big game we who only have our trusty psp to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...