Gaming Go BUY GTA:CW

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GTA on the DS totally slaughters those piss poor ports on the PSP which just had awful controls, mediocre graphics for a 3D game and overall was just no fun. Sure, the DS exclusive kinda has wonky controls but they fit the 2D style which brings me back to the graphical stylings of the old GTA games which were over the top shooters with a similar control scheme, only minus touch screen features.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
GTA on the DS totally slaughters those piss poor ports on the PSP which just had awful controls, mediocre graphics for a 3D game and overall was just no fun.
the PSP games wernt ports
they were new games

they did however get ported to the PS2 to sell more copies

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I do buy games, it's always a used copy from gamestop or something. So really, I don't steal anything from the game makers, I just steal from gamestop. Or at least that's what I tell myself to fall asleep at night.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From joystiq DS
QUOTE said:
Nintendo isn't afraid of low sales numbers for the M-rated DS outing of the GTA series, GTA: Chinatown Wars. In fact, the company believes the game will have "long legs" -- continuing to sell for the months to come rather than the usual cycle of big launch and steady decline. Speaking with MTV Multiplayer last week, Nintendo vice president of licensing Steve Singer said, "Chinatown Wars is performing in line with AAA titles that have come to our platform like Spore [Creatures] or Lego Star Wars."

And the sales numbers of those titles seem corroborate his point. Spore Creatures has sold nearly one million units worldwide at this point and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga has moved just over two and a half million, though each title sold less than half of Chinatown's numbers in their first two weeks at retail (released March 17, the March NPD numbers only recorded the first two weeks of the games sales). We're not sure what the future holds for the critically lauded title but Singer believes "word of mouth" will help to keep GTA: Chinatown Wars steady in the future. We'll certainly see after April's NPD numbers arrive in a few weeks.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Don't blame it all on piracy. The fact that it was released in March: The month in which numerous titles were released could have had some effect on the outcome.

When a game has low sales everyone loves to jump out of their trenches and scream LOL PIRACY XD without considering other factors.

Valkyrie Profile,Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure,Suikoden Tierkreis and TrackMania DS were all released on March 17th.

Did I mention that we're in the middle of a recession and not everyone can afford to buy more than one game because they have obligations like putting food on the table and keeping their lights on?

I'm not flaming you guys but please think about other reasons for a game having low sales.

Piracy is only a small part of the bigger picture.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everyone has to buy this game, it's amazing, the best Ds game to date!

i have it on R4 and its amazing, i'm buying an original for sure!

there are also features like online which don't work with a backup, also, even you pirates have to support this kind of games

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lodis said:
If all of the people who pirated it still purchased it then I bet the sales would be a lot better. All of the pirates who brag about having it on their flash carts all seem to enjoy it.

Failed logic. You assume that every pirated copy equals a bought copy, and that's plain BS. Most of the people who pirated the game wouldn't buy it if they couldn't pirate it. It's the same as saying that if everyone who has taken a zip of Coke had purchased a bottle instead, the Coca-Cola Co.'s sales would be much better. Non sequitur.

The game is good, but I'd rather buy other games. If that means I'm bad by geokes' standards, then I guess I'll be bad.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think you got it wrong, he meant if everyody who pirated it (which, I assume, means every one with GTA in their flashcart) bought it (meaning they have 2 copies of GTA, one in flashcart, one in real cartridge) then the sales would be a whole lot better, which is one good logic.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Raestloz said:
I think you got it wrong, he meant if everyody who pirated it (which, I assume, means every one with GTA in their flashcart) bought it (meaning they have 2 copies of GTA, one in flashcart, one in real cartridge) then the sales would be a whole lot better, which is one good logic.

Good logic but it's pointing out the blatantly obvious and it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

It's just one big "if", the truth is, not everyone who has downloaded GTA would have bought the game and GTA sales are not bad because of piracy, at least not completely. Not to mention, GTA CW will probably pick up, you guys are all talking like it's the end of everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps