Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

D

Deleted User

25164963 said:
Dragoon709 said:
I went through every different option and trick listed here and finally got the game to load using the eject trick. I did try it before but was pressing the button at the wrong time. Just as the strap screen appears I press the eject and I get insert disc. Put the disc back in and it finally worked. Tried it twice and have had no fail. My system is Waninkoko 4.0u upgraded and cios rev 13, using neogamma r4rc4 channel, no changes to the settings.

sorry didn't see that you also posted that this trick worked no fail i i'm using 4.0e upgraded and cios rev 10 using neogamma r4rc4 too

so i think this is the best trick so far

can't wait till the great hackers come up with it to auto load without the eject trick
this also did not work for me.
and i used sd explorer to delte the neogamma.cfg so its fresh and all i get is a green screen. whats the fix for this ?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK people with the USB Loader and health screen freeze, now i had the same problem and tried everything and I finally figured out the problem, The problem is with your download or Rip, cause i just went out and rented the damn game, done a direct Rip from the USb Loader and did not scrub it or change the ISO at all, plays perfectly every time from the USB Loader, no more press A a crap load of times at health screen the Game plays perfectly every time I used CIOS rev13A and WiiPowers 002b fix test.

edit: So for people on the usbloader and having the Health Screen problem, just beware there is a bad download floating around for this game.
And for DVD Softmod users, this does not apply to you

D

Deleted User

kobykaan said:
Ok an update something that's been tested to try from the NEOGAMMA THREAD myself and another user have noted it locks up at the Safety screen with the pic of the Wiimote if you do not have the Nunchuck connected before you try launching the game!.... As it will FREEZE at that screen!

Its a longshot but worth a try that if your finding that the Wiimote seems to un sync when you get to that screen!
always had my nunchuck connected and still the problem was there.

Lissa5168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, none of the solutions worked for me either. I finally shredded the stupid disc. Will wait until I can get an 8gb USB stick this weekend and stick the iso on there. It's quite obvious this is never going to work reliably for disc users. Even if all the "tricks" really DID work, that is WAY too much work to put on a kid just to load a game they want to play. I'm over it until I can get a USB stick.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lukkyluch said:
Ok so I did the eject trick and it worked on first try.as soon as I see the remote screen hit eject,and it asks me to insert ghostbusters cd,put it in and it loads like a charm.
I've got DriveKey hardmod
Running 3.4U rev 10
Loaded game right from wii menu.Thanks alot for this little work around.

Well, i haven't tried the eject technique yet, but i have a DriveKey as well, and i haven't found any working methods. Yours is the first drivekey confirmation i've heard. Thank you! Gonna try it VERY soon
wink.gif

D

Deleted User

what i did was eject the game disk as soon as i seen the wii remote screen like as soon as it came up i pressed eject quick and it asked for the disk and i put it back it and it worked lol

i used these settings

defaut, and some others i dont really think settings prove anything at all that fix is working.

NISMO_GTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
well I cant get it to work using the eject method. It asks to put the game back in, when i do it still hangs at safe screen.

May be the problem is that i burned it at 16x? trying at 4x as i type.

3.1e
cios 13 a rev
Neogamma r3

NISMO_GTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NISMO_GTR said:
well I cant get it to work using the eject method. It asks to put the game back in, when i do it still hangs at safe screen.

May be the problem is that i burned it at 16x? trying at 4x as i type.

3.1e
cios 13 a rev
Neogamma r3

use above method but burn at 4x

sander55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have tried the eject trick on two softmod wii's one 3.2 other 4.0 both rev 13a and it works for both. Timing is every thing to. Using neogamma 3.3 for both wiis.

I have to admit tho it's a pain but at least we can play the game till some one figures out how to by pass what ever is causing the lockup

tsarrack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The eject trick works like a charm for me on a 4.0 rev 13a using NeoGamma R3. It did freeze on me once but that was because i hit the eject button too slowly, the freeze had already happened. As long as I hit it as soon as the white strap screen pops up it works every time.

samred

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is so weird. Like everybody else, I've struggled with this, even going so far as to believing the eject trick was a joke. But yes, the timing--the INSTANT the white screen pops up--is key to getting the eject trick to work. All I can say is, try a few more times if you're as stubborn as I am.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i have a DriveKey and i can say that the eject button works for me too. I'm half shocked at this work-around. It reminds me of hitting the 360 to temporarily fix a red-ring, or overheating it. lol

Yup, wait until the screen changes from black to white. If the picture pops up for a spit-second it could still work. It worked for me the first time.

gtr1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup eject work around is 100% confirmed...if done right when wiimote safety comes on, it works 100% reminds me of old ps2 eject trick

heh funny thing is, it looks like im really outdated on the new updates and i'm running every game no problem.

3.3U
ios249
rev7
neogamma with 002 fix patch

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I've been trying to get this game to work and here is my experience.

First my specs:
3.2U (original) Twilight Hack and HBC installed
4.0U (Nintendo Upgrade)
Banner Bomb used to install needed files (cIOS's and whatnot)
BootMii installed with PreLoader .29

ok, have been getting all my backups to work fine. I was initially using NeoGamma R2 and IOS 249 Rev 13. Latest backups that were working for me are Punch Out and MadWorld on the current setup.
I use Sony DVD-R media with the ISO burned at MAX speed with ImageBurn. (Just to make note, I burn all my games at MAX speed and never had any problems with them, or with the media)

So I try Ghostbusters with the same setup and get stuck at the Wii Strap screen. Nothing happens when I push the buttons, the wii drive sounds like it's spinning, but not reading. Also used all default settings with NeoGamma R3 IOS 249 rev 13.

Came on here and tried the suggestions, pressing A and/or Home, plugging in nunchuck, etc...nothing.
I've tried every IOS 249 from rev 7 all the way to 13 and all give me a green screen EXCEPT rev 13.

So I will eliminate all other revisions and say rev13 ONLY gets me to the wii strap screen.

Then I decided to use the most current version of NeoGamma. So now I tried R4 RC2, same as before all default settings. Still hangs at strap screen. Every time I get stuck at this screen, when I push any buttons on the remote, all 4 blue LED's blink almost like my remote is not communicating with my wii. So, for some reason when the game tries to load, it seems my remote looses communication with the sensor bar, or is just not able to be used. I noticed if you have BootMii loaded the remote does the same thing because you cannot use the remote with BootMii, only the power/reset buttons or the GC controller. Not sure if there is a connection, but maybe someone can chime in on why the remote is not communicating.

I read about ejecting the disc, so I tried this next. Just before the game boots with NeoGamma and the screen turns black I hit eject. A message says "please insert the Ghostbusters disc" During this time, the blue #1 LED on the remote turns off then back on again and stays illuminated. When I put the disc back in, the strap screen comes back on but no button presses work...however the LED is still illuminated but remote still not working.

After this I did the same method but tried hitting the home button as suggested. When the strap screen comes up I hear the DVD starting to read more which it didn't do before. I finally get past the strap screen!! Game loads, set up my save, and I can play game. Cool right?? WRONG

I try again and again to do this to see if it works again...it doesn't! Reboot after reboot doing the exact same procedure doesn't produce the same results. Then I decide instead of pushing the home button, to push the "A" button...surprise, it works!! So reboot and try again...guess what?? DOESN'T WORK
So I try "Home" button again...doesn't work! Reboot again, and try hitting "A/Home" at the same time, well this seemed to work! Reboot again, nothing! I cannot get two consecutive boots to work using the same method, and sometimes not even alternating methods. It's almost like it is completely random. I don't get it...but something is happening to make this work. It ONLY works when I ejected though. If I don't eject, like I said before, my remote will just flash all LED's.

Sorry for this lengthy post but I just wanted to share what was happening with my Wii just in case anyone might be able to tell why it's doing certain things at certain times, and why it will work one time and not another. Very strange.

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok...did some searching and found out about NeoGamma R4RC4, however it doesn't fix anything in my case the game still doesn't work without ejecting and having some luck.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sYndrome13 said:
WiiPower said:
You mean:
[*]Burned the unmodified image to DVD-R
[*]Installed cIOS rev 13 (a.k.a. rev 13a)
[*]Downloaded and installed NeoGamma R3 on SD card under \apps directory
[*]Launched NeoGamma R3
[*]Selected Config Options
[*]Changed Force video mode to xxx
[*]Changed Patch Video from No to All
[*]Selected Exit Menu
[*]Selected Launch Game
No, that's not what I meant. I left the Force Video Mode setting on Disc.
are you playing on an ntsc wii?

rooney10

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys.
not sure if i should post this here but i have a mod chipped wii and i can't get ghostbusters and indy jones to work
i can get as far as the game showing up in the game game channel.if i load the game i get a black screen.i have tried using various loader channels but it s still the same

i have tried using a patched image removing the 002 error but then i get a green screen.

these are the only games that i am having problems with .

Pal wii
d2sun v3 modchip

sorry i f i have posted in the wrong place

cheers

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tired Ghostbusters and it worked staight away from disc channel

My setup

WiiKey 2
FW 4.0E Waninkoko style
Rev 12 installed (but i dont think it matters for disc channel)

Some extra info about the image: I patched the image to Pal with WIU and removed the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok