Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

D

Deleted User

ZeroPoint1971 said:
Like most people on this thread, I've been going nuts trying to get Ghostbusters to run. In my case, all I get is the green screen.

So I'm going to ask the obvious question that nobody on this thread seems to be asking:

Is it possible that we are all using a bad ISO file ?????????????????????????

Let's face it, we're all getting our ISO files from the same source. So if we're all using the same corrupt file, sooner or later we're all loging into forums like this one looking for a solution. People who have a good ISO file are happily playing the game and ARE NOT on this forum!

Any thoughts ?

ok i had this same problem ok, i right now have neogamma r4, i had cios38 rev 13b which gave me the green screen i downgrade to the original cios38 rev13 AKA rev13a, and my green screen was gone it went towards the wii remote screen which then freezes, people say they found a fix just look back a few pages on this post, the only way i got it to work was with the eject method which works when you start the game and as soon as the wii remote screen pops up you quickly press eject on your wii if you dont get a insert ghost busters disc message you did it wrong maybe too late, i hope this AGAIN helps.

DMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys

I have trawled through this thread and it's not going anywhere as we all have different set ups. I can confirm the iso is fine. I burnt it 3 times at 2.4,2 and 8 on IMGBURN and verified it. I now have the game working from disc. This is by no means perfect. I found an interim solution to playing the game (not to the is 13a any good argument etc)
I found this on another forum as follows:

tested this myself on 3.2 with the neo gamma 3
NeoGamma Settings

Videopatch: Yes
Video: All

Getting to the Safety Screen is the hardest part. There is an easy work around for the Safety Screen lock.

Once you tell NeoGamma to boot from DVD it will flicker. Once your screen flickers, hit the eject button on your Wii. This will eject the disc and bypass the 'boot lock' that the Wii encounters.

The Wii will ask you to insert the Ghostbusters DVD. Just put the disc back in and you will be good to go, no lock ups for the rest of the game.

Just as its about to hit the warning screen press eject. At least you can now play the game before a fix is found.

Hope this helps

D

Deleted User

DMC said:
Guys

I have trawled through this thread and it's not going anywhere as we all have different set ups. I can confirm the iso is fine. I burnt it 3 times at 2.4,2 and 8 on IMGBURN and verified it. I now have the game working from disc. This is by no means perfect. I found an interim solution to playing the game (not to the is 13a any good argument etc)
I found this on another forum as follows:

tested this myself on 3.2 with the neo gamma 3
NeoGamma Settings

Videopatch: Yes
Video: All

Getting to the Safety Screen is the hardest part. There is an easy work around for the Safety Screen lock.

Once you tell NeoGamma to boot from DVD it will flicker. Once your screen flickers, hit the eject button on your Wii. This will eject the disc and bypass the 'boot lock' that the Wii encounters.

The Wii will ask you to insert the Ghostbusters DVD. Just put the disc back in and you will be good to go, no lock ups for the rest of the game.

Just as its about to hit the warning screen press eject. At least you can now play the game before a fix is found.

Hope this helps
i posted something similar to this right now and settings dont make a difference with the eject method at all, it just works.

DMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yeah I seen the similar replies. I was just trying to reinforce the fact that at least the game can be played. The ISO is fine.So let's look on the bright side!!

D

Deleted User

DMC said:
Yeah I seen the similar replies. I was just trying to reinforce the fact that at least the game can be played. The ISO is fine.So let's look on the bright side!!
your good, at least you searched unlike other people.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through the last few pages, but has this been established as a means of newer copy protection or is it just kind of like Red Steel and has some weirdness that causes this?

Someone here said the ".dol trick gives 100% compatibility" but I have no idea what the .dol trick is (I tried Googling it for over an hour).

cokeman118

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on another ghostbusters thread, don't remember which one since there seem to be many.
Anyway, the trick is to eject the game just as the screen turn white for the health warning screen.
It will say to "insert the ghostbusters disc", then press "A" after inserting and the game will load! This works everytime for me, and the game plays fine so far (currently at 25% completion) Anyway, it seems the timing of the eject is key to running this game. Just wait for the screen to turn white, I wonder if this works for other games that have this same lockup problem at the health screen. For those who have been trying forever to get this game to work, try the above method, it should work everytime!

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i found the easiest solution for me -.- removing my sd card somehow makes the game always load.
I am using a cioscorp ioses and dvd loading. I dont know if it has to do with any of those but removing the sd card works for me.

D

Deleted User

cokeman118 said:
I read on another ghostbusters thread, don't remember which one since there seem to be many.
Anyway, the trick is to eject the game just as the screen turn white for the health warning screen.
It will say to "insert the ghostbusters disc", then press "A" after inserting and the game will load! This works everytime for me, and the game plays fine so far (currently at 25% completion) Anyway, it seems the timing of the eject is key to running this game. Just wait for the screen to turn white, I wonder if this works for other games that have this same lockup problem at the health screen. For those who have been trying forever to get this game to work, try the above method, it should work everytime!
if you read this SAME post a few pages back you might figure that people already posted this plenty of times. thanks for your effor tho.
wink2.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cris92x said:
Well i found the easiest solution for me -.- removing my sd card somehow makes the game always load.
I am using a cioscorp ioses and dvd loading. I dont know if it has to do with any of those but removing the sd card works for me.

And when you leave the sd card in the slot it freezes at the health screen?

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
cris92x said:

And when you leave the sd card in the slot it freezes at the health screen?

yeah it does freeze when i leave my sd card in

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Summary of the thread:

Problem 1:
The game is a 002b game. If ANY kind of main.dol 002 patch is applied to the game, it freezes at a green screen. You need cIOSrev13a to avoid this. If you get the 002 error then, it's obvious you need another loader/enable the 002 fix in your loader. Note that a green screen freeze could also indicate a region problem, try to play with disc region video mode, black&white playback means the game works and you only need to fix the video mode problem somehow.

Problem 2:

The game freezes for some people at the health screen. Mostly people using discs which are limited to 3x reading speed(softmods+flatcable modchips) report this. There are different solutions for this problem:
1. Play from sd or usb, works for most people
2. Press A,-,+ and/or home rapidly and/or with the correct timing, seems to not have too much effect
3: Press eject in the second the screen flashes white for the health screen, if you are promted to reinsert the disc, it worked. Confirmed to work by many people
4. Play without sd card insterted. 1 Confirmation so far

PS: Many people reported that some weird settings like force and patch video modes worked for them, but these were coincidences, patching a NTSC game to NTSC on a NTSC console is nonsense.
PPS: Oh yeah, why i do this: I can't stand the 100th post: "Hey guys, i found the solution, press eject in the right...."

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using rev 13a on usb loader GX the game doesn't go past the health screen. If you disable the 002 fix.. you of course get the error.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a fix. and this worked for me for real. i downloaded the scrubbed version of the game and it was having the same errors described above in all the posts. then i went and bought it and ripped it to the HD. guess what..... it worked perfectly. so i feel that the DLed scrubbed version that everyone is downloading and reposting as their upload is the same one and all of them are broke. as for anyone who is having this issue that did buy the game you must be doing something wrong. using 13a with the most up-to-date revision of GX. only have the 002 error on.

JFster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it was just a matter of time. So instead of going through all these methods and messing with my wii, I just waited till today.
The new anti 002 fix on usbloader gx will make games like ghostbusters play on any revision. I can confirm it works like a charm on my pal 3.2 wii with cios36 rev10.

crt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woks fine with the newest revision of USBLoaderGX, cIOS 13b, PAL 4.0.
(using the new global 002 fix setting)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
crt said:
Woks fine with the newest revision of USBLoaderGX, cIOS 13b, PAL 4.0.

Sorry, that's a stupid post, 1. Oh surprise it's working on usb and 2. since you use cIOSrev13b, you HAVE TO also tell that you enabled the anti 002 fix.

Could please only people with problems or suggestions post here? Thanks.

walmartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
wtf.gif
hate2.gif
im not going to say anything in here anymore lol looks like alot of people have problems reading and by the way hey did anyone know that ghostbusters works off a hard drive? lol or that you can press eject to get the game to run? on softmodded wiis? lmmfao all i can say is wow!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1