Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

motleypixel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this is such a phucking waste of time...spent a better part of a day getting my sims racing to work on disc, but it phucked all the rest of my 20 some-odd games i.e. won't load...rolled everything back...i'm a dad 60+ hour job...ain't got the time for this shit...but i'll admit...ain't nothing for free, most of the time
rolleyes.gif

psiko74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting to the loading screen and then shortly after it gives me the disc can not be read error. I have tested the burned dvd and it had no errors.

Cza102282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have been following this thread from the start and I also have failed miserably trying to get the disc to load. That is until I followed exactly what GodsSins posted and I finally got it to work!!!

The only other hint I have for people is to try ejecting as soon as the safety screen pops up. I tried multiple times after I saw the flicker and it never worked. I just wait til I see the white flash, then hit eject.

Props to GodsSins for this one.

But this still makes me cautious about this new trend with games in the 002b category.

Is this something that a rev14 could fix? I would hate to have to do this for the rest of the newer games.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems there finally a solution that works for most people. Ok, next theory: Don't have a wii mote enabled when the game starts, try with removed batteries.

coffinbirth said:
Heya guys, first post ever!
Anyways, decided to put my two cents in here....
Rollin wit wasabi2 3.2u
I am only interested in playing from discs at the moment....
First of all i started out trying Ghostbusters-scrubbed- with an older cios, and using backup channel...Green screen every time.
Then i updated to rev13a, and installed Neogamma R3...Works like a charm!
One thing of interest to anybody using a chip similar to mine, or everyone, as i dont know if this happenss to others too, but when i hit Launch Game my drive would spin down....Effectively making it hang at Launching game screen(this happens a lot to me, think its the chip, wads dont work when a disc is in drive!)but if i tap the eject button it usually works every time...Anyways, after i tapped the eject button for ghostbusters i waited too long to hit the button, and it spun down again making my disc led freakout until i tapped the eject button again, then it loaded just fine! So, if you ask me this 002b or whatever its called is a matter of timing, which would explain it running on certain usb devices and not on others(spindown) usb chipsets...etc. and it totally explains the seemingly random nature of getting it to run off disc....

The heath screen problem in the game does not have anything to do with 002b. And 002b does not have anything to do with timing, it's just: The game freezes if the 002 patch was applied to the main.dol. And if you use a modchip, why don't you use the latest open source Gecko OS you find a WiiBrew and have IOS36v1042 installed?

hawkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hit eject right at the white health screen and it works Almost everytime. I have tried it 8 times now and no problems it takes

about 1 out of 2 trys to get it to boot up hope this helps you out

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i'm getting the same problem with the health screen freezing, and i'm using a usb loader rev13a, i've tried just about everything mentioned on this thread. haven't go past the health screen not one time.

edit: Well burning it to a disc, and using Neo Gamma rc3 i actually got past the health by pressing A a crap load of times, but then got stuck on the trademark screen actually did this about 4times, Just about done with this game.lol

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually starting to think my problem is my download, I might try downloading from a different source, cause i've tried everything else. either it lockups at the Controller screen or if i get past that it freezes at the trademark screen right after the controller screen, I'm now thinking its a corrupt ISO.

walmartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i can also confirm that if you press eject just as the screen flickers to the remote strap screen and you get the message to reinsert the ghostbusters game disc that this method will work 100% of the time. im running a wii with version 3.2U with softmii 2.1.1 and cios rev13 a and yes if timed right you will get the game to load every single time!

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
maaan, ive been tinkering with getting this damn game running for tooo long. im thinking i might try a new/different copy of the game, too. i havent been able to get past the controller screen with usb or disc, even tho ive tried all the 'tricks' mentioned at this thread. hmm=|
ghostbusters and HoTD2&3 are the only ones that have given me trouble so far

CuberToy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So i've tried a lot, like you. And finally, I took my 8gb usb stick, USB Loader GX... now it's working (with 002 fix in the option)

Wii 3.3E
cIos rev13a

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I went through every different option and trick listed here and finally got the game to load using the eject trick. I did try it before but was pressing the button at the wrong time. Just as the strap screen appears I press the eject and I get insert disc. Put the disc back in and it finally worked. Tried it twice and have had no fail. My system is Waninkoko 4.0u upgraded and cios rev 13, using neogamma r4rc4 channel, no changes to the settings.

lukkyluch

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I did the eject trick and it worked on first try.as soon as I see the remote screen hit eject,and it asks me to insert ghostbusters cd,put it in and it loads like a charm.
I've got DriveKey hardmod
Running 3.4U rev 10
Loaded game right from wii menu.Thanks alot for this little work around.

Verisutha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have been following the thread because I have been having similar issues as the rest of you when trying to load via the USB drive. I am using GX 524.

Here is what happened, maybe it'll help some of you. I have been unable to get the game to run via the usb drive using Rev13a, and GX 524.

So I started thinking it might be my image, so I decided to put the ISO on my network and give it a shot with the FlatMii (125 PC Software). The game ran without a hitch.

This got me thinking that it can't be a driver issue, since the game would run on the console. I was also having issues when I would do the install for Rev13a, after installing it a ton of my USB games wouldn't load, and I would revert back to Rev10.

Here is the last thing I did. I restored my system to 3.2U (go go BootMii Nand backups.. if you never use it, you really should).

Then I installed the MadWorld wad pack (38, 53, 55). I happened to have a Rev13a wad install so I could install 13a off the SD instead of doing the Rev13a network install.

Rebooted the Wii, game now runs 100% of the time with no issues at all. I have tried a Seagate (1TB), and a WD (1TB) USB hard drive, and everything runs 100% of the time with no issues and no more hangs.

Here are the settings in GX to load Ghostbusters, Klonoa, and Indy:
002 Patch ON
Video - Auto Patch
VIDTV - Off

Hopefully some of you get it running following the above. If you guys want a complete listing of IOSes I have running on my system I can get a listing later tonight when I am home and post it.

Regards,

Veri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GodsSins said:
Ok You guys i signed in to this forum to help get this game going. to work on a burned dvd. I have a 4.0 upgraded with waninkoko 4.0 i have cIOS rev 13a. And I am using NeoGamma R4 rc2 NeoGamma download from here it is the one im using.

THEN DO THIS EXACT.

NeoGamma Settings:

Videopatch: Yes
Video: All

Getting to the Safety Screen is the hardest part. There is an easy work around for the Safety Screen lock.

Once you tell NeoGamma to boot from DVD it will flicker. Once your screen flickers, hit the eject button on your Wii. This will eject the disc and bypass the 'boot lock' that the Wii encounters.

The Wii will ask you to insert the Ghostbusters DVD. Just put the disc back in and you will be good to go, no lock ups for the rest of the game.
Guaranteed to work at least it works for me. post reply if you need more help.
yay.gif

Oh sorry this is for people with the strap warning freezing.

this works for me byt i take the disk out as soon as i see the health warning and then it say insert disk put it in if it don't spin straight away just eject it again and after a few tries it loads the game this has worked everytime for me

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dragoon709 said:
I went through every different option and trick listed here and finally got the game to load using the eject trick. I did try it before but was pressing the button at the wrong time. Just as the strap screen appears I press the eject and I get insert disc. Put the disc back in and it finally worked. Tried it twice and have had no fail. My system is Waninkoko 4.0u upgraded and cios rev 13, using neogamma r4rc4 channel, no changes to the settings.

sorry didn't see that you also posted that this trick worked no fail i i'm using 4.0e upgraded and cios rev 10 using neogamma r4rc4 too

so i think this is the best trick so far

can't wait till the great hackers come up with it to auto load without the eject trick

D

Deleted User

sYndrome13 said:
sYndrome13 said:
I'm going to play the game for a few minutes while it's loaded, then reboot and try again. I'll post a follow-up after the second test.Hard-syncing the controllers only worked once, no more.
frown.gif

Posts merged

ozplayer said:
QUOTE(kobykaan @ Jun 15 2009, 07:56 AM) @Wiipower Apologies ....
NEOGAMMA R4 RC4
PATCH VIDEO ALL
VIDTV YES
PATCH COUNTRY YES

I have been trying to get this going for a day or so (booted the first time but not since then) What I have tried is the above as kobykaan has mentioned plus pressing the + symbol lots at the strap screen and am playing the game right now....
That method didn't work for me.
frown.gif
yea i just tried this and does not work for me niehter.

-----

is wiizards release really ntsc because i dont beleive that, wiizard released ntsc games that were really pal such as mario strikers charged, and i dont know what else but sometimes i dont trust wiizards downloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: