1. walmartman

walmartman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    well im going to take a stab at a thought here? okay people using usb hard drives get this game to work almost 100% of the time! people booting off of usb stick almost 100% of the time! people using softmod through loaders and disc channel hardly ever! anyone stop to listen to your wii when it freezes ath e the strap screen? take a listen the drive stops spinning its not reading the disc at all at this point which leads me to believe its a good chance that this is some kind of a disc check error that the backup keeps failing? i dont know what do you guys think?

2. F34R

F34R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    are there any solderless chips that aren't 3x restricted?

3. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    I don't know, isn't that what these clips do? Just press the chip to the board? Anyways, if you put something in with the faltcable AND it's using the Wii's drive, it's restriced to 3x reading speed.

4. Patch62

Patch62 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Someone said about pushing the home button to make the game work , i'm not sure if anyone has tried yet but just in case people are not reading through the whole topic i will tell you how i got it to work. I can play the game every single time as long as i keep pushing the a button when the screen goes black right before the safety screen and keep pushing it till the copyright screen goes past. So hope it works for someone.

5. slatis

slatis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Well either keep pressing Home button or A button make the game pass the Safety screen ^^

6. alucard77

alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have to echo the belief of some one else on this board. I am not sure why you guys can't get this to work.

I have got this to work on:
    -CLoader
    -USB Loader GX
    -Cover Flow Loader

I have the following:
    - Rev 13a
    - 3.2U

Upgrade to 13a if your on anything else.

7. sYndrome13

sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [*]No[*]Works 1 out of 10-15 times with rev13a[*]Works 1 out of 10-15 times with rev7[*]TDK[*]~5 years[*]16x only (No issue with any other game)[*]Pending[*]Freeze at Wii Remote safety screen

8. beamquaker

beamquaker Advanced Member

omfg i have cioscorp and i just kept pressing home and it worked . now im away to create a kit and upload it to demonoid called beamspressinghomebuttonkit v1 [​IMG]

then it did not work so i hit a lol and it worked again

9. slatis

slatis Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Because we have problems booting the game from a DVD, the ones who are booting it from a HDD don't have any problems ¬¬

10. zidane_genome

zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Any hard mod (chip that you have to put in your Wii) will unlock 6x read speeds...

Doesn't matter if it's from the flat cable, a soldered on chip, or even a clip on chip... they fool the drive into thinking the disc you put in is real, and therefore unlock 6x reads...

There is no chip out there that is limited to 3x read speed. PERIOD.

Anyway, back on topic sort of...

How do I get past the door in the library after the second scan attempt of the Grey Lady? Should I go back to the disc, or is there a work around for the USB Loader?

11. laserbeak43

laserbeak43 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    WRONG!

anyway. maybe my rip is bad. I'm gonna try from wizard.

12. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Sorry, but wrong. The flatcable modchips even only advertise 3x reading speed in the small printing. They do the same as softmods, trick the drive to think it's reading a video dvd. And you know that this limits the speed to 3x.

13. CJLopez

CJLopez Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Mexico
    I made Indy game work with rev13, not 13b, was receiving the green screen but cuz i was forcing the video to NTSC, when i set it to use the disc region video mode, it worked withouth a problem.

I'll be trying this game in the week, my local retailer has no date for the game to arrive

14. laserbeak43

Newcomer

United States
    just got the green screen trying that.

15. N1PhANtoM

N1PhANtoM Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Yeah! its work for me. Thank you. But i can hold any button, include stick on Nunchuk? not only home button and safety screen is passed. Sometimes stick direction is stuck but unplug/plug helping me.

16. sYndrome13

sYndrome13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]

Final quality score was 90.

Testing the second copy now.

17. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Ok, the media quality theory is history, that's a good burn. Is your nunchuck from nintendo? Did you try to connect it while being inside the loader?

18. Lissa5168

Lissa5168 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    1. modchip yes/no? No
    2. works with rev13a, does not work with rev13a, not tested with rev13a, works 1 out of 10 times with rev13a ... Does not work with rev13a
    3. works with rev7, does not work with rev7, not tested with rev7, works 1 out of 10 times with rev7 ... Does not work with rev7
    4. Media brand Verbatim DVD-R
    5. age of the burner(don't tell the exact model, i don't want to search myself how old 100 burners are) Little under two years old
    6. tested burn speeds 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x
    7. (optional) Rating from a pi/po scan, like from Nero's CD-DVD(disc) speed test tool(don't know the exact name) 82-87% (varied with burn speeds tested)
    8. To be sure: Issue (green screen freeze or health screen) Freeze @ safety screen

Nunchuck and WiiMote are original Nintendo. Tried connecting chuck @ different times ... before booting Wii, from within launcher, at safety screen, etc. All failures. Have not had game to boot up even once.

19. doogez

doogez Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is the same issue as Summer Sports 2. The assumption is that when the game is loaded at 3x that it doesn't load data fast enough and the game goes to read data from an area in memory that is not filled yet.

20. laserbeak43

Newcomer

United States
    Peter Ray Egon and Winston are probably laughing their asses off right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Ghostbusters, Screen, Video