Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

Ben Phartin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Ive been lurking here for a day or two following this thread. I gave up on using a disc and just used my SD card. I posted this on another forum:

I couldnt get this to load with a dvd so I installed neogamma r3 (using cIOS 13a) with my 4gb SD card, put the card bac in my pc, then formatted the SD card to WBFS, loaded the iso onto the card through WBFS manager 3.0, slapped the SD in the wii, started the neogamma channel, only option I changed was to load game from dvd to sd/sdhc and selected "ghostbusters" when it was ready to load.

Seems its much easier to run the game on something other than a dvd.

Works 100 % of the time now after very much fail. Three days worth of fail.

netaware

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried to read through the 100s of pages and I cant find the answer.. Does this work with Dsik backup launcher? NTSC...system 3.2 ...Gamma and 002 fix?

Thanks for your help

laserbeak43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
netaware said:
I tried to read through the 100s of pages and I cant find the answer.. Does this work with Dsik backup launcher? NTSC...system 3.2 ...Gamma and 002 fix?

Thanks for your help
not for me, but i have 4.0U
I'm gonna try neogamma r3

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laserbeak43 said:
netaware said:

Thanks for your help
not for me, but i have 4.0U
I'm gonna try neogamma r3

latest is R4 RC4 try that
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
netaware said:

Thanks for your help

Look here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

For playing this game from disc you need cIOS rev7 or rev13a + SoftChip or NeoGamma. All other cIOS and loaders will fail. And even with correct cIOS and loader it's not guaranteed it works, but without it won't.

GodsSins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok You guys i signed in to this forum to help get this game going. to work on a burned dvd. I have a 4.0 upgraded with waninkoko 4.0 i have cIOS rev 13a. And I am using NeoGamma R4 rc2 NeoGamma download from here it is the one im using.

THEN DO THIS EXACT.

NeoGamma Settings:

Videopatch: Yes
Video: All

Getting to the Safety Screen is the hardest part. There is an easy work around for the Safety Screen lock.

Once you tell NeoGamma to boot from DVD it will flicker. Once your screen flickers, hit the eject button on your Wii. This will eject the disc and bypass the 'boot lock' that the Wii encounters.

The Wii will ask you to insert the Ghostbusters DVD. Just put the disc back in and you will be good to go, no lock ups for the rest of the game.
Guaranteed to work at least it works for me. post reply if you need more help.
yay.gif

Oh sorry this is for people with the strap warning freezing.

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GodsSins said:
Ok You guys i signed in to this forum to help get this game going. to work on a burned dvd. I have a 4.0 upgraded with waninkoko 4.0 i have cIOS rev 13a. And I am using NeoGamma R4 rc2 NeoGamma download from here it is the one im using.

THEN DO THIS EXACT.

NeoGamma Settings:

Getting to the Safety Screen is the hardest part. There is an easy work around for the Safety Screen lock.

Once you tell NeoGamma to boot from DVD it will flicker. Once your screen flickers, hit the eject button on your Wii. This will eject the disc and bypass the 'boot lock' that the Wii encounters.

The Wii will ask you to insert the Ghostbusters DVD. Just put the disc back in and you will be good to go, no lock ups for the rest of the game.
yay.gif

If that doesn't work simply take the DVD out, throw it in the air and shoot it with your shotgun.

PartyMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GodsSins said:

THEN DO THIS EXACT.

NeoGamma Settings:

yay.gif

Well I'll be damned, I tried every other stupid trick and this one actually works.
Going in for a few more attempts to see if it always works.

Edit: okay well this doesnt always work either, so yah its another stupid trick, but unlike the others this actually got it to load from disc for me, where the other tricks hadn't.
And well this still isn't a real fix, more like a hey guys lets do random things to get past it for now.

But hey if nothign else work you can try that.

netaware

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response GodSins..Will this work with system 3.2? I have not upgraded, and I don't want to unless I have to. Also, any additional cIOS that I need?

GodsSins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
netaware said:
Thanks for the response GodSins..Will this work with system 3.2? I have not upgraded, and I don't want to unless I have to. Also, any additional cIOS that I need?

It Should but like partymon said i guess it doesnt always work but should work with 3.2 as long as you have cIOS rev 13a

Lissa5168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annnnnnnd another fail on my system. Tried the eject trick on NeoGamma 3, NeoGamma R4 RC4, and SoftChip99 with both rev13a and rev7. STILL boots right back into the locked safety screen, albeit at least the Player1 light stays on. WiiMote doesn't respond and the screen doesn't change no matter which buttons are pressed, but it appears to still be synced at least.

Oh yeah, tried with and without nunchuck attached.

Sigh. Ready to admit defeat and buy the stupid 8GB USB stick. At least THAT is somewhat in my budget. lol

GodsSins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lissa5168 said:
Annnnnnnd another fail on my system. Tried the eject trick on NeoGamma 3, NeoGamma R4 RC4, and SoftChip99 with both rev13a and rev7. STILL boots right back into the locked safety screen, albeit at least the Player1 light stays on. WiiMote doesn't respond and the screen doesn't change no matter which buttons are pressed, but it appears to still be synced at least.

Oh yeah, tried with and without nunchuck attached.

Sigh. Ready to admit defeat and buy the stupid 8GB USB stick. At least THAT is somewhat in my budget. lol

did you wait till it flickered and did it say please insert ghostbusters game back. try again it shouldn't go to the safety screen it should go directly to the game

Lissa5168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GodsSins said:
did you wait till it flickered and did it say please insert ghostbusters game back. try again it shouldn't go to the safety screen it should go directly to the game

Sure did. And yes it did say to insert Ghostbusters game. And then it booted right up to a locked safety screen. Never even tried to go to the game. Was also another who posted back saying it only worked for them once.

And to the people who keep saying to get a USB drive, well duh! LOL. But at this point with my husband laid off and a son who also got laid off and had to move back home, that luxury isn't in my budget right now. Now if you want to donate one to us poor people that are stuck using discs right now, that's an entirely different story. Til then, we're stuck with what we have to work with.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Ok, the media quality theory is history, that's a good burn. Is your nunchuck from nintendo? Did you try to connect it while being inside the loader?
I've tried connecting the nunchuk at different times. It doesn't make any difference when I connect the nunchuk to the Remote.

GodsSins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lissa5168 said:
GodsSins said:

Sure did. And yes it did say to insert Ghostbusters game. And then it booted right up to a locked safety screen. Never even tried to go to the game. Was also another who posted back saying it only worked for them once.

And to the people who keep saying to get a USB drive, well duh! LOL. But at this point with my husband laid off and a son who also got laid off and had to move back home, that luxury isn't in my budget right now. Now if you want to donate one to us poor people that are stuck using discs right now, that's an entirely different story. Til then, we're stuck with what we have to work with.

Keep trying it will work but you got to hit the eject button at just the right time will not always work cause your not going to be able to hit the eject button at the exact same time all the time. ive got it to work more than once and sometimes fail but it works till we get a new cIOS try hitting the eject button a little after the screen flickers it should skip the safety screen it should not load at all.It should load or go straight to the game.hope that helps.

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya guys, first post ever!
Anyways, decided to put my two cents in here....
Rollin wit wasabi2 3.2u
I am only interested in playing from discs at the moment....
First of all i started out trying Ghostbusters-scrubbed- with an older cios, and using backup channel...Green screen every time.
Then i updated to rev13a, and installed Neogamma R3...Works like a charm!
One thing of interest to anybody using a chip similar to mine, or everyone, as i dont know if this happenss to others too, but when i hit Launch Game my drive would spin down....Effectively making it hang at Launching game screen(this happens a lot to me, think its the chip, wads dont work when a disc is in drive!)but if i tap the eject button it usually works every time...Anyways, after i tapped the eject button for ghostbusters i waited too long to hit the button, and it spun down again making my disc led freakout until i tapped the eject button again, then it loaded just fine! So, if you ask me this 002b or whatever its called is a matter of timing, which would explain it running on certain usb devices and not on others(spindown) usb chipsets...etc. and it totally explains the seemingly random nature of getting it to run off disc....

masterh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work with the eject method. Played through the first hour or so.

To be honest, for those who can't get it to work - IMHO, it really, really isn't worth it. Like a rebranded Elebits, but not nearly as fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    After taxes enough for one meth pipe
    +1
    About 4K a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, that'll probably double within a year att?
    Well 4K then bonus and stuff lol
    Ken no I will be working for Satan.... Spectrum AKA Comcast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should call att just to see how they can beg me to come back
    +1
    But 10 bucks a month for phone and 1Gbps internet and make like 4K+ a month... I will work for the devil lol
    With that kind of money might get a Pi5 and an Orange Pi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm hanging up on you if you call me about my bill
    +1
    lol Ken I will be going door to door in Florida fighting off meth addicts lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Att still wants 80 a month
    They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: They just want to reach out and touch your wallet Ken lol