Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm starting to think it's a speed issue. If the game can't read the data fast enough it freezes. This would explain why the HDD/SD people have no problems but the people with discs do.

@People with problems(WITH DISCS) please answer:
Use SoftChip to test to get comparable results. Softmods set to IOS249, hardmods set to IOS36. Disable Remove 002 and enable Fake IOS Version.
1. modchip yes/no?
2. works with rev13a, does not work with rev13a, not tested with rev13a, works 1 out of 10 times with rev13a ...
3. works with rev7, does not work with rev7, not tested with rev7, works 1 out of 10 times with rev7 ...
4. Media brand
5. age of the burner(don't tell the exact model, i don't want to search myself how old 100 burners are)
6. tested burn speeds
7. (optional) Rating from a pi/po scan, like from Nero's CD-DVD(disc) speed test tool(don't know the exact name)
8. To be sure: Issue (green screen freeze or health screen)

mdmachine said:
[...]
For the record, the image (NTSC) was brickblocked, IOSptached to "30" then scrubbed. Regardless if that was necessary, thats what i did... lol
[...]

Softmodded? Bookmark this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

Read and (important) understand.

QUOTE(joinx @ Jun 15 2009, 09:47 AM) i knw these solutions are for softmod but what about modchip..i'm getting the same prob...the green screen appears when i load the game..i try to force ntsc in gecko os 1.07 byt still no change...what to do?

Don't have cioscorp v2 installed and try Gecko OS with new 002fix you find at WiiBrew.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might as well answer this in relation to when I was doing the Disc attempts.

1. No, softmod.
2. Works with rev13a, 5 times out of 20 attempts.
3. didn't try rev7
4. FujiFilm DVD+R (not great, but other games on this media work fine).
5. 1 year old burner
6. 1x + 4x (didn't make a difference)
7. Too tired to even bother right now...
8. Health Screen freeze

And I have that other link you posted bookmarked, TY.

MD

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a FlatMod chip, and every NTSC game I've tried up to Tiger Woods 10 has worked without any issues. That being said, GB locks up at the strap warning screen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mdmachine said:
[...]
5. 1 year old burner
[...]

Coaster? New burner = burn fast. If you don't trust 16x, burn at least at 8x. The dogma to burn slow is 10 years old. The pi/po test would prove or disporve if the disc is a good burn. You should get at least 85%.

QUOTE(F34R @ Jun 15 2009, 12:40 PM) I am using a FlatMod chip, and every NTSC game I've tried up to Tiger Woods 10 has worked without any issues. That being said, GB locks up at the strap warning screen.

That one is as fast as a softmod. It is lilited to 3x reading speed as well and the media quality matters for this as well.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mdmachine said:
[...]
5. 1 year old burner
[...]

Coaster? New burner = burn fast. If you don't trust 16x, burn at least at 8x. The dogma to burn slow is 10 years old. The pi/po test would prove or disporve if the disc is a good burn. You should get at least 85%.

QUOTE(F34R @ Jun 15 2009, 12:40 PM) I am using a FlatMod chip, and every NTSC game I've tried up to Tiger Woods 10 has worked without any issues. That being said, GB locks up at the strap warning screen.

That one is as fast as a softmod. It is lilited to 3x reading speed as well and the media quality matters for this as well.

The media shouldn't be a problem. I've had complete success with everything else I've used. Any suggestions on what I should do from here?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arrgh. If this game is different from all other that it does not wait for the reading to finish and EXPECTS it to be finished it COULD be a media issue. It's neither a cIOS nor a loader issue, do you have a better theory?

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
mdmachine said:
[...]
5. 1 year old burner
[...]

I read that thread already.
wink.gif

Next burn I do I'll try 8x, but I am aware that most people use auto with imgburn.

When I wake up ill do the pi/po test and see what I get.

That said, all burns ever done on 1x or 4x never have had any issues before with a variety of media. I only have had like 4 coasters with well over 100 burns.

MD

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Arrgh. If this game is different from all other that it does not wait for the reading to finish and EXPECTS it to be finished it COULD be a media issue. It's neither a cIOS nor a loader issue, do you have a better theory?
Ahh, I gotcha. I misunderstood what you meant.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just did a pi/po on one of my discs, look like i don't have good burns myself following my own defintion:

pipo.png

That's a Verbatim DVD-R burned at 8x(max) with a notebook(!) burner and i only got 82%. Please take a closer look at the errors at the beginning since i expect the critical area to be there.

PS: No it's not Ghostbusters. I don't have this game.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I just did a pi/po on one of my discs, look like i don't have good burns myself following my own defintion:

pipo.png

That's a Verbatim DVD-R burned at 8x(max) with a notebook(!) burner and i only got 82%. Please take a closer look at the errors at the beginning since i expect the critical area to be there.

PS: No it's not Ghostbusters. I don't have this game.

Would this mean to try and burn even slower, or use even better quality media?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I had these problems this would mean to try different speeds, other burners and media if possible and do pi/po tests for these too. It's possble a slow burning speed is better for you, but it's very unlikely. Just do a pi/po scan and you should know if it could be a media issue or not.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ddetkowski said:
GHOSTBUSTERS WORKS AND PLAYS FINE,
PUT NEOGAMMA ON YOUR SD CARD IN APPS FOLDER,
RUN THE APPLICATION FROM INSIDE THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL,
SELECT NEOGAMMA, PICK YOR SETTINGS, DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO RUN,
TADA! IT WILL PLAY GHOSTBUSTERS. WIIMOTES WORK 100%

KEEP IN MIND, YOU NEED TO RUN IT FROM HOMEBREW CHANNEL,
YOU NEED THE SD CARD IN YOUR WII.

SAME RESULTS FOR THE NEW INDIANA JONES GAME PAL VERSION OF GAME.

MY WII IS 3.3, IOS249 REV 7 ALSO I HAVE THE 002 FIX AS BACKUP CHANNEL GAMMA, WHICH IS NOT USED FOR THESE GAMES.

i see a bann for you in the near future

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If I had these problems this would mean to try different speeds, other burners and media if possible and do pi/po tests for these too. It's possble a slow burning speed is better for you, but it's very unlikely. Just do a pi/po scan and you should know if it could be a media issue or not.
Will do. THanks for the info.

B

Bladeforce

4.0E with wiikey v1
cios rev 13
USBloaderGX

was having problems with both this and Indy not working / freezing
I deleted the games off my buffalo 500GB external (this was ripped to the drive from the disc)
hooked the drive to my pc and transferred the isos to the Buffalo
Set 002 fix to on in USBloaderGX
Works fine now
Looks like the burns of the 2 games were crappy

lukkyluch

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok Guys,I kept getting stuck at the remotes screen.This is what I did and it worked this 1 time at least ,my kid is playing it now so when he's done I'll try it again.
Before the remote screen comes on I tried the "pressing Home button"which was mentioned here ,only thing I did different is I pressed Home then + then - and it worked!!!

From wii menu disc Channel
I'm on 3.4U DriveKey hard mod
Rev10

Ok so it didn't work on 2nd try same remote screen freeze.why did it work that one time ? P.S I tried the game, not worth screwing up you're Wii for it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, new theory: Try to plug the nunchuck in while inside the loader. And i still think it could a media problem.

lukkyluch said:
Ok Guys,I kept getting stuck at the remotes screen.This is what I did and it worked this 1 time at least ,my kid is playing it now so when he's done I'll try it again.
Before the remote screen comes on I tried the "pressing Home button"which was mentioned here ,only thing I did different is I pressed Home then + then - and it worked!!!

Rev10

Drivekey isn't that another flatcable/3x restricted modchip?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Ok, new theory: Try to plug the nunchuck in while inside the loader. And i still think it could a media problem.

lukkyluch said:

Rev10

Drivekey isn't that another flatcable/3x restricted modchip?

Yeah its one of those crappy 3x restricted modchips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*