Hacking Ghostbusters: The Video Game Green/Black Screen

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Could be something with the check if a disc is in the drive, try to insert it at different times, like in wii menu, HBC in loader, or when loading already started.
I tried inserting the disc before shutting down and starting up the Wii, inserting the disc at the Wii menu, inserting the disc at the Homebrew Channel menu, and inserting the disc after loading NeoGamma R4 RC4. The game locked at the Wii Remote safety screen every time.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrgodzilla said:
sYNDROME 13 did you try holding the + sign as u get to the safety screen then keep pressing it
Just tried that. Still locks up at the Wii Remote safety screen.
frown.gif

I've mentioned several times now that the game locks up at the Wii Remote safety screen. I feel I should also mention that when the console locks up, all lights on my Wii Remote turn off and refuse to turn on again for 15-30 seconds no matter what buttons or button combination I press. The Wii Remote will not sync with the Wii console (or vice versa) again until I turn the system off (by holding the power button on the console down for 3-5 seconds) and turning the Wii back on.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4.0E with Rev13a

Gamma Loader = Doesnt work, Green Screen all settings
Modchip = Works
Cioscorp = Works but Wii has to be set to 50hz in the Wii settings, also works with rev10
USB Loader = Works

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could the people who have sucess in getting the game to work by enabling the video mode patches, tell what region wii and game are? Sorry, but not mentioning this is stupid.

sYndrome13 said:
[...]
I read mention of patching .dol files in a thread on Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (another game with Error 002b protection). Could that be a possible fix here as well?
[...]

It could work to get 002b games to work on other cIOS than rev7 or rev13a. But i really see no reason why another rev should be better for this game than rev7 when loading from disc. Or is the game a dual layer game? Just try rev7 is possible(non LU64+ Wii), check that NeoGamma really displays rev7 and that other games work fine.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
4.0E with Rev13a

Gamma Loader = Doesnt work, Green Screen all settings.
Modchip = Works
Cioscorp = Works but Wii has to be set to 50hz in the Wii settings.
USB Loader = Works.

So you got it to work with Cioscorp. By changing the settings to 50hz. You also installed 13a? Could I just change the settings and keep rev 10? Hmm going to give it a try now.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is most likely a one-time thing, but I just got the game to load again.

Here are ALL the relevant details

Firmware: 3.2U
cIOS: rev7
Loader: NeoGamma R4 RC4
Loader settings: All default
Controller: Nunchuk attached to Wii Remote, Wavebird (wireless Gamecube controller) connected and turned on, and Ghostbusters disc inserted all before turning on Wii

After launching NeoGamma R4 RC4 through the Homebrew Channel, I laid the Remote down (not touching it at all) and used the Wavebird to navigate the NeoGamma menu. I didn't change any options, but pressed A on the Wavebird to select Launch from DVD in NeoGamma.

Chances are good this is just another random success. I'll test again here in a few and post again.

EDIT: Yep, looks like this was a random success, too.
frown.gif
The game locked up at the Wii Remote safety screen on the second and third attempts with the same settings and procedure.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
4.0E with Rev13a

Modchip = Works
USB Loader = Works.

So you got it to work with Cioscorp. By changing the settings to 50hz. You also installed 13a? Could I just change the settles and keep rev 10? Hmm going to give it a try now.
I've just tried Cioscorp again in 60hz and its working, before it was freezing at the warning screen, I dont know why it wasnt working now.

Edit: Stopped working again in 60Hz but I tried it in 50hz using Rev10 and it works.

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It could work to get 002b games to work on other cIOS than rev7 or rev13a. But i really see no reason why another rev should be better for this game than rev7 when loading from disc. Or is the game a dual layer game?The game scrubbed down to under 3GB, so I'm pretty sure the retail release isn't on a dual-layer disc.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 14 2009, 04:20 PM) Just try rev7 is possible(non LU64+ Wii), check that NeoGamma really displays rev7 and that other games work fine.
NeoGamma (both R3 and R4 RC4) identifies the cIOS I currently have installed as rev7.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
4.0E with Rev13a

Modchip = Works
USB Loader = Works.

So you got it to work with Cioscorp. By changing the settings to 50hz. You also installed 13a? Could I just change the settles and keep rev 10? Hmm going to give it a try now.
I've just tried Cioscorp again in 60hz and its working, before it was freezing at the warning screen, I dont know why it wasnt working now.

Edit: Stopped working again in 60Hz but I tried it in 50hz using Rev10 and it works.

How are you changing the settings in cioscorp? I thought they were just wads you install. Then use Preloader to get to work. Am I missing something?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
4.0E with Rev13a

Modchip = Works
USB Loader = Works.

How are you changing the settings in cioscorp? I thought they were just wads you install. Then use Preloader to get to work. Am I missing something?
I'm changing the setting in Wii settings/screen/tv type

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Wiipower Apologies ....

as requested

PAL (im in the UK)

Disk is NTSC afaik there is no pal version out there atm only the NTSC and the same thing as a Scrubbed release
smile.gif

other things I've noticed sometimes it works with my settings suggested earlier and sometimes it still looses sync at the Wiimote safety screen

most success rate with

NEOGAMMA R4 RC4

PATCH VIDEO ALL

VIDTV YES

PATCH COUNTRY YES

hope this helps
smile.gif

sYndrome13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
And that one time it recently worked with rev7 was an exception? Or does it work now all time?
It was an exception, unfortunately.
frown.gif
I haven't gotten the game past the Wii Remote safety screen in the several attempts since then.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sYndrome13 said:
WiiPower said:
And that one time it recently worked with rev7 was an exception? Or does it work now all time?
It was an exception, unfortunately.
frown.gif
I haven't gotten the game past the Wii Remote safety screen in the several attempts since then.

Is your wii mote hard synced with your Wii?

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
TheWon said:
Tanas said:
4.0E with Rev13a

Modchip = Works
USB Loader = Works.

I'm changing the setting in Wii settings/screen/tv type

Ok your on a Pal Wii. US Wiis don't have that option.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, but you you please learn how to cut parts out of quotes? Big quotes like this make threads unreadable. Thank you.

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I got GB & Indi workin using cios rev 13a but I have to have #002 fix on now for everything to load and the games channels no longer work any more

any ideas...

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
jk3051 said:
Have this game working 100%

system 3.3u
coverflow loader rc6
cios rev 13

Can confirm this works.. but ive gone back to rev10 as rev13 was causing all sorts of problems. Ill wait for rev14 which will hopefully fix the 002 errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...