Hacking gh5 rb2 usbloaders w/guitars?

pandaguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k ive tried searching on here using the advanced search and came up with alot of pages and i couldnt find the answer plus i dont want to use an old guide that might not work anymore. anyways.

i dont have probs getting gh5 or rb2 or any other guitar game to work with usbloader gx but im thinking of getting a guitar to play with but i dont want to waste money so i just want to make sure i do it right and everything. im on the latest rev and i got the hermes 223 36 38 merged or whatever it is i did it awhile ago so i dont exactly remember it was to get mh3 and gh5 working. so do i need to do anything else to get a guitar working with gh5, rb2 or any other guitar game with usbloaders? right now using usbloader gx but ill use any usbloader that i need to do get it working. also whats the cheapest guitar to get that works with gh5, rb2, and other guirtar games as im low on money right now lol. thanx for any one who can help me, i just dont want to waste any money or a christmas gift lol.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a 'Mecap' guitar @ Wal-Mart for $25 canadian. Its notoriously cheap, and apparently has a shorter lifespan than the usual Activision one. Side by side with my Activision guitar, its nearly identical, in both materials and shape. We've used it fairly extensively and at this point haven't had any issues with it so far. At nearly half the price of the retail guitar, it seems like the best deal you're likely to get.

As for the IOS's, it may take some tinkering about, but getting them to work from loader shouldn't be too much of hassle at all.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use USB instruments (primarily the ones that come with RB2) you need to install hermes cIOS 38 merge with 37 and then use the slot you install it to 222 or 223 to run the game from the USB Loader. From what I understand if you use one that interfaces via the Wiimote then you can run it with any cIOS. Keep in mind that some instruments need a Wiimote to work so if you plan on adding several instruments keep in mind you may need additional Wiimotes.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard reports of the third-party guitars (ie NYKO) not working with GH5.

Also, RockBand guitars do not work with as many games as GuitarHero guitars.

A GH3 guitar will work with all GH games, plus RockBand2 and any RB game after that.

A RockBand Guitar will not work with GH3, GH Aerosmith, or GH customs based on GH3/GHA.

pandaguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx for all the fast replies. by interfacing the wiimote do u mean all those wireless guitars that u have to put the wii mote inside of them like the gh3 guitar which im thinking of getting it seems to be the cheapest and if it works with all the gh rb games including gh5 and rb2. only thing is ive read ppl having problems with the whammy bar but that wouldnt be much of a problem as long as everything else works. i might wait till black friday to see if any of the newer guitars or the the gh3 guitar goes on sale lol. ill come back if i have problems once i have it and again thanx for the quick responses much appreciated.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes those are the guitars I am talking about, not a problem if you just get 1 but just keep in mind if you ever want more you will need more wiimotes.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
As you said you did hermes a while back just make sure you have Rev4 as the latest USBloader GX ONLY supports THIS revision and no previous ones.

pandaguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Yes those are the guitars I am talking about, not a problem if you just get 1 but just keep in mind if you ever want more you will need more wiimotes.

so if i get 1 of those u said i could use any cios even 249?

QUOTE(wiistarter @ Nov 5 2009, 04:50 PM) As you said you did hermes a while back just make sure you have Rev4 as the latest USBloader GX ONLY supports THIS revision and no previous ones.

i have the latest rev as ive been using usbloader gx for awhile now thanx.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe so, Hermes is only needed for use when the controls interface via USB, but maybe someone with one of these guitars could confirm this?

pandaguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
I believe so, Hermes is only needed for use when the controls interface via USB, but maybe someone with one of these guitars could confirm this?

ill confirm it when i get 1 but itll have to wait till christmas or when i get the money since im low on money. do u want me to pm u jakejm79 when i get one to let u know. u have to use the 223 though to play gh5 right so that wouldnt matter but i could test it with gh3 using 224 to see if it works.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was wondering if anyone out there had a guitar that interfaced with the wiimote and could answer, since I didn't want to provide false info, I have usb instruments, tho I have had them working perfectly with RB2, GH5, BH and B:RB. No big deal either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0