Hacking Getting something straight..

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all apologies, I am sure my question has already been answered in recent threads but I just want to be sure.
unsure.gif

I have sent my Wii off for fitting of a Wiikey and I am expecting it back today. I have downloaded and extracted the DVD9 version of Smash Bros.

I am a bit nervous about disc swaps, 15% tricks etc as I am so new to all of this stuff.

Am I right in saying that by following the recently posted instuctions I could build an ISO of Smash Bros which dosent require any trickery, just the patched ISO.

Back in the Dreamcast days we used PPF patches to apply small changes to games so it was not so complex, any chance of something similar for Smash Bros?

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Trucha Signer program is really simple. Just follow the tutorial on Gbatemp and you should be fine. The only thing the tutorial doesn't give is the key.bin, but search google for newborn key.bin, or if you have usenet, it was in abg.wii about 40 days ago.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The process is really simple: extract, patch, reinsert.

I don't think a specific patch for SSBB or any other game is really convient
since the method where you patch the update.inf is a generic method for all games that produce double channels whereas the patch would be specific to a special game and region.

Of course I somebody wants to he can just compare the modified and unmodified ISO and create a patch...

paulie_m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I will work on it tonight.

Looks like my Wii isn't coming back until tomorrow anyway so it will give me something to do.

Going for an afternoon nap to pass the time
smile.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably should have waited to the USA release.

Should have asked the Modder to do the 15% update thing for you, i usually do that if asked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...