Hacking Getting ready to upgrade to fw v4.0 from SoftMii,

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently am running FW v3.2U, SoftMii, installed via the Twilight exploit/HBC.

I want to upgrade to FW v4.0, and in the guide, it says these files are required:

CIOS60BF.wad - Patched IOS60
System Menu 4 Wad for your region
Preloader .29 installer
StartPatch4.0_usa (ntsc only)

I thought Preloader and StartPatch do the same things?

Also, those first two files. Google doesn't give me ANYTHING about it, anyone want to give me a hint as to where i can find them?
EDIT: I found the CIOS file.. System menu 4 though? I dont even know where to look.

Thanks for the help =]

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's what I did and I updated from softmii, so what's the problem? Also starpatch doesn't work and look on wiibrew for the hacks.ini codes. Just use wanin's updater and you will get all your needed IOS files. Then follow the guide for CIOSCORP and everything.

edit:That guide gives you everything softmii does.

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stay on 3.2 and install CIOS60BF.wad and preloader 0.29 if you want

Why do you want to go to 4.0 anyway?

3.2 is safer at the moment

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eric_4_life said:
That's what I did and I updated from softmii, so what's the problem? Also starpatch doesn't work and look on wiibrew for the hacks.ini codes. Just use wanin's updater and you will get all your needed IOS files. Then follow the guide for CIOSCORP and everything.

edit:That guide gives you everything softmii does.

CIOSCORP is completely unnecessary if you have SoftMii installed..The two guides are different in the fact that the Softmii one requires the original system menu 4 wad. I guess i'll play around with it.

EDIT:
Do i need to unistall the old preloader before installing 0.29?

andrewhan4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkzero51521 said:
CIOSCORP is completely unnecessary if you have SoftMii installed..

SoftMii just installs the CIOSCORP wads, if you update to 4.0 you'll probably overwrite the CIOSCORP IOS's you'ed need to reinstall them afterwards

QUOTE(Darkzero51521 @ Apr 4 2009, 12:51 AM) EDIT:
Do i need to unistall the old preloader before installing 0.29?

I've just updated to preloader 0.29, I installed a fresh system menu ran hack remover then installed preloader 0.29 and it worked a treat - I believe there are other ways to do it but this worked for me

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to think Softmii is something other than a package of other applications and stuffs.
All Softmii does is give you everything you need to hack your Wii with a well written guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: