Hacking Getting ready for SSBX (Wiikey related)

Which scenario would you go with?

• #1 - Import SSBX and wait patiently for Wiikey team's update.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #2 - Buy DVD+R DL (20 pack), wait for dump, hope burner works.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMGburn will detect the iso size and burn it on the dvd that would fit the data. no need to change anything

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks for the answer
smile.gif

I just noticed some options concerning DL discs in the preferences, so I was starting to wonder if I would need to change anything, but case solved ^^

Kuronekokun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to double check if I'm getting the right discs for SSBX/future DL Wii games... (living up to my newbie status with this one
tongue.gif
)

Here's a 10 pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL (Double Layer) that I'm thinking about getting:
http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail-bu...FB35571D951F627

Questions I have:

1. Is DVD+R DL (Double Layer) the correct type? (as opposed to Dual Layer / DVD-R DL)
2. Do you think the Verbatim brand shown in the above link would be a high enough quality to run backups on a NTSC-U Wii w/wiikey? (So far I've been using Sony DVD-R without any trouble.)
3. ImgBurn shows that my drive can burn DVD+R DL, but not DVD-R DL. Is that a problem at all?

Thanks in advance.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Where is the option,

3-Wait for the game to be released in MY region, by then wiikey will boot original disc.

cause who ISN'T buying brawl?

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to double check if I'm getting the right discs for SSBX/future DL Wii games... (living up to my newbie status with this oneÂ
tongue.gif
)

Here's a 10 pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL (Double Layer) that I'm thinking about getting:
http://www.verbatim.com/products/detail-bu...FB35571D951F627

Questions I have:

1. Is DVD+R DL (Double Layer) the correct type? (as opposed to Dual Layer / DVD-R DL)
2. Do you think the Verbatim brand shown in the above link would be a high enough quality to run backups on a NTSC-U Wii w/wiikey? (So far I've been using Sony DVD-R without any trouble.)
3. ImgBurn shows that my drive can burn DVD+R DL, but not DVD-R DL. Is that a problem at all?

Thanks in advance.

Verbatim is pretty much the highest quality you can get and even better than Sony. DVD-R seems to have been causing less trouble with Wii's than +R, though you could use both I believe. If you have the option, go for -R.

Make sure you can burn -R though, otherwise try +R. In the +R case, I would wait for another member to reply though, since I can only advice you on -R, since I've been using those all along.

Hope it helps a bit.

Kuronekokun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I'm not really concerned about burning standard wii games (DVD-R / DVD+R)

I guess my main question is this: Is SSBX Double Layer (DVD+R DL) or Dual Layer (DVD-R DL)?
I haven't seen any clarification (mostly people just saying it's "DL"), and as far as I know, they're not the same thing.

Do you think the Double Layer (DVD+R DL) discs shown in the above link would work for creating a backup of SSBX / future DL Wii games?

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm.. I've been using Memorex for all kinda of burning process for years now because it was always the more reliable brand. Not cheap and not too expensive. But with Wii games is it that much different than Verbatim? Some of my burns, like Sonic Riders 2 always freeze during a specific moment on the FMVs, and that was with Memorex at 1x. Does the other brand just run more smoothly for Wii, or is that just everyone's preference for burning media?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yeah grade F media is cheap but in the long run will wear out your laser and the dye on the dvd won't work anymore, i will only buy high quality media, and btw memorex is the worst grade F media of them all.

as this guide shows here (check the media codes of your blank disc to find the grade of your media)
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

and just a example of how expensive dual layers are in europe.

5 dvd+r maxell dual layers for £17.99 converts to $35, yes thats right!

Verbatim DVD+R 8.5GB 2.4x DoubleLayer Printable 25 Spindle £39.99 converts to $79.62!

so you see, i would rather buy the game than spend that kind of money on a couple of dual layers.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah grade F media is cheap but in the long run will wear out your laser and the dye on the dvd won't work anymore, i will only buy high quality media, and btw memorex is the worst grade F media of them all.

as this guide shows here (check the media codes of your blank disc to find the grade of your media)
http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

and just a example of how expensive dual layers are in europe.

5 dvd+r maxell dual layers for £17.99 converts to $35, yes thats right!

Verbatim DVD+R 8.5GB 2.4x DoubleLayer Printable 25 Spindle £39.99 converts to $79.62!

so you see, i would rather buy the game than spend that kind of money on a couple of dual layers.

I was quite happy to spend £15, enjoy your wait for "TBA 2008".

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do I need to use the dual layer disks for the update? cuz my wii couldn't read the 1.9g(SMG) update.
And do I need to use dual layer disks in the future for updates?
Or are the dual layer disks for SSBB?

Thanks in advance!

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
this is very confusing 1 - i dont get why the game is on a dual layer disc to begin with i thought all wii games were 4.37 gb 2-someone earlier said even original games wont work that cant be right i thought the wiikey was disabled when a original disc was inserted .and i am guessing you wont be able to use raw dump to dump the iso either i think this is ever worse than the galaxy protection,atleast the original worked.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
this is very confusing 1 - i dont get why the game is on a dual layer disc to begin with i thought all wii games were 4.37 gb 2-someone earlier said even original games wont work that cant be right i thought the wiikey was disabled when a original disc was inserted .and i am guessing you wont be able to use raw dump to dump the iso either i think this is ever worse than the galaxy protection,atleast the original worked.

they must of put it on a dual layer disk because it wont fit on one cd duh lol and yer if the iikey disables then how is a usa wii meant to read a jap game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-