Hacking getting port 1 to work with config loader

youngrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so port 2 is messed up the lil black peice is broken and only port 1 works and i installed rev 21 and installed both wads so i coul use my hd to load games up and it doesnt seem to be working and it would cost 80$ to get my usb ports fixed but i have a modded wii but i need to get port 1 to pick up games from hd any ideas what i have done wrong?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youngrex said:
ok so port 2 is messed up the lil black peice is broken and only port 1 works and i installed rev 21 and installed both wads so i coul use my hd to load games up and it doesnt seem to be working and it would cost 80$ to get my usb ports fixed but i have a modded wii but i need to get port 1 to pick up games from hd any ideas what i have done wrong?

QUOTEOk, so port 2 is messed up. The little black piece is broken and only port 1 works. I installed rev 21 and installed both wads so i could use my hd to load games up and it doesn't seem to be working. It would cost 80$ to get my usb ports fixed but I have a modded wii. I need to get port 1 to pick up games from hd. Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Christ, dude, capitalization and punctuation please.

AFAIK, you can ONLY USB load from the outer port, which for you I assume is the broken one.

Unless someone proves me wrong (been out of the scene for a few months), you will have to get it repaired/replaced. Send it in to Ninty, if they see its hacked they'll either refuse repairs or charge you, which would happen anyway (they won't charge you MORE because its hacked). Or, go to GameStop and buy a used one for around the same price.

youngrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
youngrex said:

QUOTEOk, so port 2 is messed up. The little black piece is broken and only port 1 works. I installed rev 21 and installed both wads so i could use my hd to load games up and it doesn't seem to be working. It would cost 80$ to get my usb ports fixed but I have a modded wii. I need to get port 1 to pick up games from hd. Any ideas what I have done wrong?

Christ, dude, capitalization and punctuation please.

AFAIK, you can ONLY USB load from the outer port, which for you I assume is the broken one.

Unless someone proves me wrong (been out of the scene for a few months), you will have to get it repaired/replaced. Send it in to Ninty, if they see its hacked they'll either refuse repairs or charge you, which would happen anyway (they won't charge you MORE because its hacked). Or, go to GameStop and buy a used one for around the same price.

nvm a frend told me it would use either port but when i just asked him he said he wasnt sure so might as well forget about that and i know if i send it in they will either not fix it or fix it but take all the mods off

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I can't remember the details, but i know for a fact that cfg usb loader will use the other usb port IF u save a certain file on the sd or usb... sorry I can't remember more than that, but I can say that it can be done for sure without a doubt
If I remember well you must use cIOS249rev21 with base 58 like cIOS in CFG USB Loader.

Thx.

youngrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesquinas said:
XFlak said:
I can't remember the details, but i know for a fact that cfg usb loader will use the other usb port IF u save a certain file on the sd or usb... sorry I can't remember more than that, but I can say that it can be done for sure without a doubt
If I remember well you must use cIOS249rev21 with base 58 like cIOS in CFG USB Loader.

Thx.
how do i get it to work then because i installed rev21 and the 2 wads needed to go with it and it still doesnt pick up unless im not doing something right

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i thought this thread was about getting port1 to work instead of port 0? y r u asking me about cIOSrev58 detection (fyi, to get that working update cfg usb loader)

I'm sure dr clipper or oggzee would be able to direct u to the required file in order to boot off of port1

youngrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
i thought this thread was about getting port1 to work instead of port 0? y r u asking me about cIOSrev58 detection (fyi, to get that working update cfg usb loader)

I'm sure dr clipper or oggzee would be able to direct u to the required file in order to boot off of port1

because he said it needs to be rev21 ios 249 base 58 and i when i look it doesnt show which base it is just says ?? and im on version 65

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't matter what cIOS you have (in fact, I wouldn't use 58 as a base, it has low compatibility). I remember there being a way to get the other port to be used instead, I just cant remember how. You may want to ask in the configurable usb loader thread, its stickied in the backup loading section.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I finally found the posts explaining How to get your usb-loader working using port1 instead of port0, but I don't think the port1 ehmodule will let you run games from FAT/NTFS, only WBFS... so u may have to beg oggzee to update it to support the other file systems too

instructions:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196...t&p=2467184

more info:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196...t&p=2464006

PS. apparently uloader and usbloader gx also have some support for port1, not exactly sure how to get that working, but its supported.

PPS. To all the ppl still talking about cIOSs in this thread... get a clue, the cIOS used isn't the issue here... so why are ppl still talking about it?

edit:

DeadlyFoez said:
Or send the wii to me and I'll repair it for you.
or just get Foez to fix your port0, he's already got a usb header ready for u

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...