Homebrew Getting OoT3DHax working on New 3DS 11.7.0-40U

Topaz Light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, apparently OoT3DHax is still working on 11.7.0-40U firmware, but I'm having trouble getting the homebrew launcher to actually boot. I have downloaded the latest otherapp and ropbin files and placed them at the root of my SD card, and I also have the latest boot.3dsx. Everything seems to work fine, up until it crashes on the "The home menu ropbin is ready" screen before cycling through any colors on the bottom screen—it just stays in its initial garbled, TV static-esque state until I get punted back to the vanilla Home menu with an "An error has occurred" message.

The save I'm using is N3DS_U_28673_usa_9221. I've tried finding newer saves, and while they do appear to exist, I've yet to find one that isn't either A: not in powersave format, or B: for European New 3DS systems. Unless there's something I can do with my SuperCard DSTwo Plus 4-in-1 flash card, OoT3DHax is—or rather, was—my only means of accessing homebrew on my 3DS, so, without a way to convert saves meant for JKSV into powersaves, I have no way of getting those onto my cartridge, since I'd need them already installed in order to access what I'd use to install them.

Additionally, what is the distinction between the N3DS and POST5 powersaves? There surely must be one, or else they wouldn't be differentiated, but all that I've seen is that the equivalent POST5 file just reads as corrupt and gets wiped when I put it on my OoT3D cartridge, whereas the N3DS file works fine, aside from the aforementioned ultimate failure to actually boot the Homebrew launcher.

If anybody could help point me in the right direction to get OoT3DHax up and running again, it would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Topaz Light,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, apparently OoT3DHax is still working on 11.7.0-40U firmware, but I'm having trouble getting the homebrew launcher to actually boot. I have downloaded the latest otherapp and ropbin files (both last modified June 28th, 2018, 10:55AM, presumably PST) and placed them at the root of my SD card, and I also have the latest boot.3dsx. Everything seems to work fine, up until it crashes on the "The home menu ropbin is ready" screen before cycling through any colors on the bottom screen—it just stays in its initial garbled, TV static-esque state until I get punted back to the vanilla Home menu with an "An error has occurred" message.

The save I'm using is N3DS_U_28673_usa_9221. I've tried finding newer saves, and while they do appear to exist, I've yet to find one that isn't either A: not in powersave format, or B: for European New 3DS systems. Unless there's something I can do with my SuperCard DSTwo Plus 4-in-1 flash card, OoT3DHax is—or rather, was—my only means of accessing homebrew on my 3DS, so, without a way to convert saves meant for JKSV into powersaves, I have no way of getting those onto my cartridge, since I'd need them already installed in order to access what I'd use to install them.

Additionally, what is the distinction between the N3DS and POST5 powersaves? There surely must be one, or else they wouldn't be differentiated, but all that I've seen is that the equivalent POST5 file just reads as corrupt and gets wiped when I put it on my OoT3D cartridge, whereas the N3DS file works fine, aside from the aforementioned ultimate failure to actually boot the Homebrew launcher.

If anybody could help point me in the right direction to get OoT3DHax up and running again, it would be much appreciated!
Ive heard before that you need to look at decrypting your current save with JKSM or checkpoint. And replace the payload you get with the files. Inject the new files into the save again and it should be good to go again.

Topaz Light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard before that you need to look at decrypting your current save with JKSM or checkpoint. And replace the payload you get with the files. Inject the new files into the save again and it should be good to go again.

Ahhh, I see! I believe I actually have the files I'd need to do that, but I can't use my 3DS for any part of the process, for reasons mentioned in the OP. Is there any way to create a functioning powersave using just a PC?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have downloaded the latest otherapp and ropbin files and placed them at the root of my SD card
oot3dhax stores its payload in the oot3d save data. Copying those files to your SD card won't do any good.

it crashes on the "The home menu ropbin is ready" screen
You can tell if your payload is updated if there's a 2018 date at the top of that screen.

I have no way of getting those onto my cartridge, since I'd need them already installed in order to access what I'd use to install them.
There's always steelhax (with SteelMiner), provided you can still access the eShop.

Additionally, what is the distinction between the N3DS and POST5 powersaves?
One is for the New 3DS, and the other is for the old 3DS?

I'm having the same problem
And I replied to your thread.

Topaz Light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKAY I am a fool and somehow totally blanked on the fact that I had access to Ninjhax. I guess I thought it wouldn't work for this, since last I used it it couldn't run JKSV properly, but the OoT3DHax installer worked just fine, so...

Thanks for the help, regardless!

The Afroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im at a complete loss here. I have made my exploit save using the oot installer on my old 3ds. i chose new 3ds and the right 11.7.0-40u

pull the cart out of the old 3ds and put it in the new 2ds xl. load the save. hit a.

i get "The home menu ropbin is ready" and then crashes to the home screen "an error has occurred..."

putting the payload on SD does nothing (obviously) i have a powersave as well and i can't seem find a save that works. I found one here in a thread and its for new 3ds 11.7.0 but when i inject it into my cart and put the cart in.. and load it, i get a message saying the save is corrupt and it erases the cart..

i have 4 3ds all homebrewed here but i'm at a wall with this new 2ds xl Hylian

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i get "The home menu ropbin is ready" and then crashes to the home screen "an error has occurred..."
What is the date at the top of that screen? If it isn't 2018, then you still have an old payload.

I haven't actually tried the oot installer myself, but it's possible it's still trying to download the old payload. If that's the case, you can still update the payload using JKSM. I wrote about how to update the stickerhax payload in this post; the instructions would be mostly the same with oot3d.

SorrenSkyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might sound simple but have you tried pressing "A" after "The home menu ropbin is ready"? Sometimes this helps it launch into homebrew, at least for me. Might take about half a second but bottom screen should cycle through colors then into homebrew like normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...