Getting any savedata with HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Shpinxis, Nov 14, 2010.

Nov 14, 2010
  1. Shpinxis
    OP

Newcomer Shpinxis Advanced Member

United States
    I was wondering if there was a way to get savedata (ones that dont allow you to copy or move) from a wii if it only had the HBC and no like cIOS or anything

2. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Savegame Extractor/Installer "should" do the job, if you can get them to load (you should be able to load them by loading LoadMii from HBC and loading them from there)

3. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    i just want to make sure..

i use the save game extractor on one wii and then it goes to the sd card i have plugged in

then i put that sd card in the other wii and use save game installer and it will be on there

4. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I have not had issue loading savegame manager from HBC, I don't think loadmii is necessary. With savegame manager you can take saves from one wii to another. I dont' think it works with base57 ios, not really sure. Works fine with cios249 r17.

5. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    ok now im using save game manager and im trying to extract the save game data for monster hunter tri yet when I do it gives me the ret -1 error...it says on the wiki page that this means theres no save game exists but im clicking it so how does it not exist

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    I had something like that when trying 'Savegame manager' (Actually I think there was actually 2 programs - one called 'Savegame Extractor' & the other 'Savegame Installer' )

I then stumbled across 'Savegame Manager GX' through the HBC Browser & tried it & that worked just fine - the only thing is I'm not 100% if I (re)softmodded my Wii with 'ModMii' or not between attempts

One other thing I've just remembered - I think there's was a file associated with Savegame Manager GX, (sorry can't remember what it was called) that 'tells' it where to look for save files, which when I first tried it - was pointing to the wrong, non-existent, folder (it was a very old version of 'GX' that I had @ the time - might've been fixed since then)

7. mauifrog

United States
    You may need to install ios249 r17 if you are using another rev.

8. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Savegame Manager and Savegame Extractor/Installer are separate things. Extractor/Installer does not require cIOS, hence I recommended it as he asked for a tool which did NOT require a patched IOS. Savegame Manager (and Savegame Manager GX) does.

9. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    but i cant seem to get either to work

10. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    i got the save game manager gx to work but that wii had cIOS...i'm trying to put the data on a virgin wii does game manager gx need cIOS?

when i first tried loading it it said no mii, so i created one, now when i try loading it it says no save game daa on wii but i have save game data on the wii and the sd card...not sure whats going on

11. mauifrog

United States
    It only works with cios

12. Shpinxis
    OP

United States
    ok so how come save game extractor and installer dont work on either of my wii's, it just gives me the ret -1 error and i have save game data for the game thats in

the main thing im trying to do to is get my rock band dlc on this wii but i think i have to call nintendo if i'm correct, its the same wii its just all the memory was erased

i just want my wii to be a virgin when i call them