Getting an XBox soon...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Keeley, Aug 16, 2009.

Aug 16, 2009

Getting an XBox soon... by Keeley at 5:36 AM (1,021 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    So me and my sister were planning to get an XBox 360 near December as we don't have much money but I filed an application for a job today! So I should have more than enough by then if they accept me, but I was wondering since I pretty much don't know anything bout the Xbox but I'm hoping for a price cut for the Elite xD but this "Game of the Year Bundle" is what is the main point of this thread, do you guys now how long it will last? I've been googling around but with no luck =(

Well that's pretty much it thanks for your guys time and answers and wish me luck on my first job!

*Back to googling for how to prevent RRoD"

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    It won't last that long, I'm surprised that it is still available.
    Usually these bundles last a month or two, I would expect that it will end either at the end of this month or the end of next month. Probably the first you will know about it is when its no longer available.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    We had a bit of a discussion on red ring (same problem for the "E74" or whatever is now the common problem from what I hear) the other day:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171497

I will mention that of all the game shops I have spoken to very few sell elite packages so you may well end up with a somewhat older model.

4. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    Awe man that sucks, oh well so bout the heating problem I was gonna put my XBox horizontally on a "glass covering" like pretty much on a horizontal window is that okay?

The Glass covering just covers a hole in my coffee table if your wondering what it is don't know the real name for it. I'll try to find a picture to get a better answer.

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Just keep it in a well ventilated area. ie: not pressed up against a wall/all sides covered. Have it in a sort of open type environment where there is air flow. Though the RRoD isn't that common anymore I don't think.

6. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Every holiday season, the xbox360 has had a bundle with 1 or 2 games, they will most likely continue this this year. As for the elite, it is or already got the price cut. I believe it's $300.

7. Santee

Member Santee JalapeƱo

United States
    That's a rumor but most of the evidence seems to say it's true but it might not happen do don't really rely to much on that.

8. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    that would be a real shame if it was just a rumor, as I'm really hanging on that price cut [​IMG] I just want Halo that really all xD

9. Anteo

Newcomer Anteo Advanced Member

Canada
    dude don't worry about the ring, I have a first generation 360, like launch week one. And I have NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO red rings, but I play it so often. It sometimes amazes me. I even modded it after a while and got myself banned *cries*, but I still play burned games single player (and some real ones) and it works fine. I have never had any of the red rings [​IMG].

10. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    It's pretty much confirmed as it's from a rather reliable source

11. Hitsuagaya

Member Hitsuagaya GBAtemp Regular

United States
    should get a ps3

12. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    Awe really? I dunno it seems like 60/40 to me but then again then its just my option

13. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    you shouldn't be worried about the RRoD stuff, just be more apprehensive about Microsoft banning you for no reason at all (well for modding your console, thats if you have that in mind)