Gaming Getting an Xbox 360 and need help about which titles to get.

greasy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting and Xbox 360 and I am not sure which titles would be better for me. I am getting 2 games but I have narrowed my choices to 3.

Batman Arklam Asylum
Modern Warfare 2
Left 4 Dead 2.

I am primarly a single player, I don't play much online, sot that part is not that big to me. I am thinking batman will be one of the picks but I am at a toss up between Modern Warfare 2 and Left 4 dead 2.
I know MW2 has better graphics but a short campain, left 4 dead has a better campain but is more of a team (multiplayer) game. Which would you suggest between these two.

Thanks,

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There's nothing wrong with playing a "team" game like L4D2 just single player. I would say it's actually better to play single on Xbox, where as on PC there's no reason not to grab someone to play with.

On the other hand, MW2 has a strong emphasis on its multiplayer mode. The short campaign is supposed to give you a taste of how awesome the game is and, whilst you crave more, offers multiplayer to expose you to a new world of possibilities. That's the marketing ploy anyway - really it's just using psychology to trick you into spending every hour of your life on Xbox LIVE. To many, it works just as well as Halo 3 did.

If you're just single player, I don't think either is really suitable for you. On the other hand, if you can't choose anything else, I would say go with MW2. I just can't help but feel the Xbox is losing out in some of the experience of playing L4D2 with its limited controller. I think there truly is no substitute for the mouse in that game.

On the other hand, I may be biased there due to my own play style - I'm the type that takes that half second longer to aim at the head and get an insta-kill. Sniping with an AK feels so much more satisfying, and the mouse makes it all the more possible.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Left 4 Dead 2's single player is practically nonexistant. It's the exact same as the multiplayer except with stupid bots. If you're not going online, do not get Left 4 Dead 2. Period. Actually, I'm going to say the same thing for MW2. Even though it does have a single player campaign, it is short as hell and an afterthought compared to the multiplayer.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your looking for the single player experience then L4D2 and MW2 are not for you

imo gab fallout 3 goty and oblivion goty editions and you will be set for at least 500 hours
gtaiv and the episodes from liberty city pack are also great single player

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaisuto said:
Left 4 Dead 2's single player is practically nonexistant. It's the exact same as the multiplayer except with stupid bots. If you're not going online, do not get Left 4 Dead 2. Period. Actually, I'm going to say the same thing for MW2. Even though it does have a single player campaign, it is short as hell and an afterthought compared to the multiplayer.

Gotta agree with Gai on this one. I was well disappointed by MW2. The single player campaign was piss poor. There's the Special Forces levels but I got bored of them pretty quick. Lovely graphics, piss poor ending though. Get some of the older classics instead, if you do you'll be able to get 2 great games for the same cost.

I haven't got Arkham Asylum but that and Assassins Creed 2 are the next 2 games on my list to get, so I'd say definitely grab it.

mp2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The MW2 single player campaign is so short. And if you're not going to play online then you'll be wondering why you paid so much for that game unfortunately.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea if you just want a great single player experience, try Fallout 3 or Mass Effect. There are so many great games that you can get for cheap, no need to pay $60 for MW2 if you're just going to play single player. Multiplayer is the whole reason to play MW2 & L4D2.

greasy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I believe I am going with Batman and MW2. I am buy online and I have a option to pick 2 games from a list. Unfortnely Fallout 3 is not on there or I would have picked it. I a been a fan since fallout 1.

Thanks for the input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1