xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello lads!

New here, and im gonna fire myself off with the first post! Hopefully, I'm going to be an active member here.

Now, as for the advice i'm seeking.

I'll be getting a New 3DS XL by December.
I'm Sorta stuck on which region to get.
Pretty much, All regions are available here.
Although games are varied in distribution, but that isn't the point.

What i'm confused about is the hacking.

1. What region do you think is the best if i'm going to hack it anyway?
And Since i'm going to hack it, Do you think any homebrew will come up with an issue if its a different region 3DS?

2. Is it nessescery to own a specific 3DS for hacking or it works on them all as long as they're under the hacked cfw?

3. Wider catalog of games amongst the EU and NA region? which one would be better?
I'm leaning towards NA one for some reason. and I had a JP 3DS way back so I'd like to get this out of the way due to already experiencing it.

4. Is getting a flashcard nessecery or soft hacks can work too?

5. How easy is it to find the dumps/roms to put on your hacked 3DS?

Thank you for reading this.

If any further advice you'd mind giving me.
Feel free.

Hope to see you somewhere around the vita thread, since I might hack it sooner or later. haha.

Last edited by xWhiteKnight,

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Region doesn't really matter due to region free cias/firmware options. However most european special editions have a exploitable firmware, so it's probably safer to pick up one of them if they are available.
  2. As long as it's on 10.7 or below you can downgrade it yourself. If it's higher return it and grab another one because the extra effort needed is not worth the hassle.
  3. After you install your cfw you can download games from any region through tools like freeshop, hence the region doesn't matter much. There are a few games that only work with a same region model from what I remember, but those are available both on the EU and NA ehop either way.
  4. Softmodding works. For the time being you need a flashcart only for DS games or a better cheat engine.
  5. There are plenty of iso sites and the aforementioned freeshop. Couldn't get any easier.

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,
Reactions: xWhiteKnight

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
1. Your local regions are probably better, as you can find exploitable games (Freakyforms Deluxe and Cubic Ninja) to use. Yes, physical games are region locked on official firmware. Once you install custom firmware, you are good to go - most popular cfw automatically has region free.

2. Find one on 10.7 or lower. Otherwise you need another 3DS that's already hacked and that's a hassle and a half.

3. CFW allows you to install "out of region" games on your system. I have an European n3DS and I'm running own copies of Corpse Party and Smash on them - very easy!

4. Softmodding is how most users got into the CFW game. It works. As for using flashcarts - most people just use it to play DS games - I have gotten my CycloDS Evolution working on my system with a small bypass.

5. Loads of sites on the web exist for cias, and plus you can dump your own physical games for your own use as well. (Everything is now done on the 3DS - you can make your own cias.) You can also use Freeshop for installing games over wifi, but that's slow as roasting a pig with a single lighter.

xWhiteKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
1. Your local regions are probably better, as you can find exploitable games (Freakyforms Deluxe and Cubic Ninja) to use. Yes, physical games are region locked on official firmware. Once you install custom firmware, you are good to go - most popular cfw automatically has region free.

2. Find one on 10.7 or lower. Otherwise you need another 3DS that's already hacked and that's a hassle and a half.

3. CFW allows you to install "out of region" games on your system. I have an European n3DS and I'm running own copies of Corpse Party and Smash on them - very easy!

4. Softmodding is how most users got into the CFW game. It works. As for using flashcarts - most people just use it to play DS games - I have gotten my CycloDS Evolution working on my system with a small bypass.

5. Loads of sites on the web exist for cias, and plus you can dump your own physical games for your own use as well. (Everything is now done on the 3DS - you can make your own cias.) You can also use Freeshop for installing games over wifi, but that's slow as roasting a pig with a single lighter.

Ah! Another detailed reply, Thank you good sir.

So for #1 answer, you've mentioned that the regions wont probably matter after I install the CFW on them, I understand that Correct?

And I forgot to ask, What is the highest memory card you can add on it?

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ah! Another detailed reply, Thank you good sir.

So for #1 answer, you've mentioned that the regions wont probably matter after I install the CFW on them, I understand that Correct?

And I forgot to ask, What is the highest memory card you can add on it?

I have one of my personal systems running a 128 gb card. Works well, but you just need to format it to FAT. It does take a bit longer to boot up and show all the icons although.

Regions do not matter once CFW is installed. I have an European n3DS and I'm running my own dumped copies of Corpse Party and Smash on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...