Get A Nintendo 3DS XL For £79.99 If You Trade In Original

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought my 3DS XL from Game, this turned out to be an excellent decision.
Even if you are not trading in your original 3DS, there's lots of benefits here.

1: They will give you a free AC adapter with the system. Maybe this is at launch.
2: Console purchases come with a £10 voucher on the receipts. The one I received is good until the 10th of August.
3: You can get a GAME reward card at the same time for free. You get points worth 2.5% of the items you purchase. For the 3DS XL at £179.99, you get £4.50 worth of points. Points go on your card on the day of purchase and can be redeemed the next day.

With the £10 voucher and £4.50 worth of reward points (for the system alone), you can easily grab an eShop card worth £15, for just 50p.

I bought a 3DS XL and two games today actually, with some previous points on the same card, I can save more than £18 on my next purchase from GAME, it's awesome.

You may have just convinced me to get an XL :glare: (now if only i could be bothered to actually go to the store, so much effort :lol: )

Anyone know if I would still get the full reward points if trading in my original 3DS?
I think the way the GAME rewards card works is that you also get reward points for the value of something you just traded in?
So you could get the reward points for the £79.99 spent on the 3DS XL, and the reward points for the 3DS you just traded in worth £100.
You'll have to research that yourself as I'm not sure, I did not trade in.
http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?articleId=97817&catalogId=10201&langId=&storeId=10151&cm_sp=navigation-_-reward-_-position2

Actually I don't see anything about that on their page...I'm sure that this is how the Gamestation rewards card works though?
Yeah, definitely ask in-store to see how points are rewarded.

I did however see this comment posted on Nintendolife, if it's true you might be able to order a 3DS XL online new for under £155?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/3ds_xl_uk_launch_trailer_is_quite_small#comments

After the cheapest 3DS XL deal?
If you are new to Zavvi make an account with referrer code ZV15625875 to get 5% off making it £159.55
If you buy it after the day of release as well you can use code CONSOLE at checkout to receive another £5.95 making it less than £155

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Similar deals with gamestop in Sweden:

1. 900 SEK for your old 3DS, 1,250 SEK if you pre-order the XL. (The XL cost 2,299)
2. You get a charger when you pre-order.
3. They allow you to do a system transfer when you pre-order.
4. 100 SEK trade in voucher

100 SEK = 13.94$

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
If I had the £155 I might of gone for the Zavvi deal, but not being a new customer i'm not sure if i'd be able to get away with registering a new account :unsure: That and I know I would never bother selling my original 3DS so I suppose i'd be spending more that way.

Will probably go GAME on Sunday and ask about it, also hoping to have a look at both the red and silver model as I can't make up my mind what one I want, of course this is if I can bare the horrific traffic that Portsmouth enjoys every weekend... urgh, might wait till Monday :lol:

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I had the £155 I might of gone for the Zavvi deal, but not being a new customer i'm not sure if i'd be able to get away with registering a new account :unsure: That and I know I would never bother selling my original 3DS so I suppose i'd be spending more that way.

Will probably go GAME on Sunday and ask about it, also hoping to have a look at both the red and silver model as I can't make up my mind what one I want, of course this is if I can bare the horrific traffic that Portsmouth enjoys every weekend... urgh, might wait till Monday :lol:
Haha oh man, you live in Portsmouth too? Cool.
Which GAME would you be visiting, the one down commercial road?

I just had a thought, there are people who buy the 3DS XL, do the transfer, then sell the old 3DS for the same value of the trade-in (£100), or so I've heard.. You might be able to do this and receive the full reward points of the 3DS XL purchase.
You'll definitely have to ask, the trade-in value of systems is usually more than the selling value.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP

Haha oh man, you live in Portsmouth too? Cool.
Which GAME would you be visiting, the one down commercial road?

I just had a thought, there are people who buy the 3DS XL, do the transfer, then sell the old 3DS for the same value of the trade-in (£100), or so I've heard.. You might be able to do this and receive the full reward points of the 3DS XL purchase.
You'll definitely have to ask, the trade-in value of systems is usually more than the selling value.

Yep, I live in Southsea ^_^ (aka "Free Car Park when there's the slightest amount of sunshine and everyone must go to the seafront so i can't find anywhere to park when returning home from work on Saturday" :glare: )

Commercial Road is the plan, haven't been there in ages so I assume it's still around, if not there is/was one in the Cascades.

I would assume they will let me trade-in and do the transfer, I did the same years ago when trading my DS phat for the DS Lite (think it had something to do with Mario Kart being linked to the console)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, I live in Southsea ^_^ (aka "Free Car Park when there's the slightest amount of sunshine and everyone must go to the seafront so i can't find anywhere to park when returning home from work on Saturday" :glare: )

Commercial Road is the plan, haven't been there in ages so I assume it's still around, if not there is/was one in the Cascades.

I would assume they will let me trade-in and do the transfer, I did the same years ago when trading my DS phat for the DS Lite (think it had something to do with Mario Kart being linked to the console)

The GAME store in Commercial Road is still around, but the GAME store in Cascades is gone now, same with the Gamestation that was down Arundel Street.
That's where I got my 3DS XL. :)

They do have a 3DS XL demo kiosk, that model is the blue one.
They also have a display 3DS XL on their shelf, which is the silver one. They should be happy to let you try it too.
As for a red 3DS XL, no clue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +2