1. mar789

    OP mar789 Master Italian
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    Messages:
    103
    Country:
    Canada
    I was contemplating getting a Gateway, I've been waiting it out for months and always tell myself there is no point getting one now as each month passes. I was wondering if it is actually worth getting now or should I just wait?

    Thanks for any help.
     
  2. Cid barba corta

    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2014
    Messages:
    15
    Country:
    Argentina
    I think it´s totally a worth card. I´ve bought the R4i in the past just because it was cheaper and back then there was no difference between R4 and GW. Now i have both cards and i can assure GW is by far supperior. I can´t tell you Sky´s performance since i dont owe one. But if you have a 3ds with 4.1-4.5 firmware, get a GW and enjoy
     
  3. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08
    Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2010
    Messages:
    18,962
    Country:
    Norway
    Well it costs $60. That's less than the cost of 2 games. You can play as many games as you want on it.
    Do the math :P
     
    Margen67 likes this.
  4. Mauwi

    Mauwi Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Messages:
    28
    Country:
    Gambia, The
    I just got mine today, and I am also on 9.2.0-20

    But I thought it is better to order it now than to wait for the Update, since then everybody will order one ;)
     
    Margen67 and Sonicx64 like this.
  5. Pedeadstrian

    Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
    Member

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2012
    Messages:
    3,936
    Country:
    United States
    It depends. Do you have a 4.5 or below 3DS? Then yes, by all means get it. But, if you're one of those people with a 5.0+ console that are waiting for Gateway to release their sysNAND 9.2 update, that's an entirely different story. We don't know when (or heck, if) the update will come out. A month ago Gateway said they're "in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!" Whether or not that means it's coming out tomorrow or months from now, we have no idea. If you do decide to wait, make sure to keep an eye on the Gateway website, because as soon as it's released, those units will go flying off the shelves.
     
    solis likes this.
  6. Ra1d

    Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2010
    Messages:
    1,359
    Country:
    Canada
    Up to you, man.

    Think about the future, when they release the update, will you regret not ordering it sooner or you won't ?
     
  7. t123a1

    t123a1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2014
    Messages:
    81
    Country:
    Well I ordered mine Yesterday from Playmods.co.uk and they sent me an email saying that they ship today. So Yeah you can buy one. Wait for the update, and you can play all games you want. So, like many people said, it's worth it.
     
  8. Haymose

    Haymose GBAtemp Fan
    Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2014
    Messages:
    383
    Country:
    United States
    Well do you want to ride the hype train when the update is released? Or wait it out a few more days or possibly weeks to get one shipped? Maybe save money if it's a troll? An easier decision to make if you got cash laying around.
     
  9. t123a1

    t123a1 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2014
    Messages:
    81
    Country:
    Playmods.co.uk is with promotion with Gateway, so I bought now :)
     
  10. johnbus

    johnbus GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2014
    Messages:
    265
    Country:
    United States
    Out of curiosity, did anyone else think of this?

     
    shinyquagsire23 and otto888 like this.
  11. Errorjack

    Errorjack GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    May 23, 2010
    Messages:
    222
    Country:
    United States
    If you honestly don't care about homebrew or region lock, get a Sky3DS, at least you don't have to wait a month for that and much less hassle of it breaking on you. Get a Gateway if you want to wait for the update, and you'll get homebrew, region lock, and cia.
     
  12. Skull Kiddo

    Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    317
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Be patient like me. I think it's just a matter of weeks or even days for the 9.2 release.

    Unless you want the far inferior Sky3DS just to play it on 9.4, although I don't recommend that because someday that will be blocked too.
     
    blinkzane and Margen67 like this.
  13. Kikirini

    Kikirini Zelda Fangirl
    Member

    Joined:
    May 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1,142
    Country:
    United States
    I'm waiting it out. It helps that I already have all the 3ds games and ninjhax homebrew that ai want, though.

    I just want to make sure GW doesn't pull a Sky3ds and release a new card...
     
  14. Skull Kiddo

    Skull Kiddo Definitely Not A Kid
    Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    317
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    I wish I bought Cubic Ninja back in the day xD I only have Pokemon Y, OoT3D, Smash, some DS games and then some eShop games and LA DX. Would help really much if I had homebrew, can imagine myself playing Pokemon Yellow in full 3D (?) and also original resolution. I wonder if the GB/GBC emulators have that nice Gameboy border when you press Start while starting up a GB/GBC VC game?
     
  15. Ravioli
    This message by Ravioli has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 17, 2014, Reason: Stop posting this in every thread.
    Dec 17, 2014 Show
  16. DSlite2

    DSlite2 VR Supporter
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2012
    Messages:
    311
    Country:
    United States

    Either sell it and buy another 3DS XL that isn't on 9.3 or 9.4 (none of the current retail stock will have it yet) OR just buy a Sky3DS and keep your 9.4 XL. No point in waiting another 2 years for Gateway to find a new entry point.
     
    Sonicx64 likes this.
  17. thorasgar

    thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
    Member

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    Messages:
    3,780
    Country:
    United States
    You have brought shame and dishonor to the community.
    Bushido!
    :)
     
    Skull Kiddo likes this.
  18. flamepanther

    flamepanther GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    159
    Country:
    United States
    I'm in limbo on a 9.2 3DS XL, waiting for Gateway to support my firmware, or an update to Ninjhax, or (least likely) for Sky3DS to get a solution for homebrew and eShop. Until then, I'm stuck really wishing I could download Xeodrifter...
     
  19. Phantom_User

    Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,451
    Country:
    To be honest, waiting it out + getting a gateway are the exact same thing.
     
    Margen67 likes this.
  20. flamepanther

    flamepanther GBAtemp Regular
    Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2011
    Messages:
    159
    Country:
    United States
    Not quite. One involves spending money.
     
  21. Phantom_User

    Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666
    Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1,451
    Country:
    Touché! You got me there, didn't remember that.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted
Loading...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Gateway,