Homebrew GensPlus GX with cover art

nineteen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exuse my ignorance (and if I'm breaking any rules, please delete this thread).... but I have a few questions and I'm a bit confused about this WiiFlow.

1) I see box art for the Sega and Nintendo games. Is there a GensPlus GX or Wii64 for Wii that supports cover art, NOT the cartridge pick that displays sceenshots?

2) Should I stick with Wii Homebrew or should I move on to WiiFlow? Which is better?

3) The latest GensPlus GX supports Game Gear and Master System. What about Sega 32X and Sega CD. I heard that those are hard to emulate, but is there a work in progress on them? They are emulated and work perfectly fine for the PC.

Sorry for the troubles. Maybe I should be banned since I annoyed everyone for my ignorant post that must have been answered hundreds of times. I'm sorry if I broke any forum rules. I shall leave. Just that I got a Wii and was wondering a few things.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. as far as i am aware, no there is no cover mods for these emus as of yet

2.by that question i guess you are asking if you should use thne homebrew channel or use wiiflow to load your heombrew? depends what makes you life easier really, i personally use shortcut channels on the wii menu to launch into emus and other apps

3.there is no support for the 32x or sega cd on gensplus gx yet, i couldnt say if the author is working on them or not but he has hinted that sega cd emulation could come but doubts 32x emulation will happen on the wii. as far as what the author has said he tries to get as close as he can to the real thing emulation wise

nineteen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. It COULD be possible that the next release will support Mega CD and 32X, I just read about it and I know they can do it.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It indeed seems like Mega CD support is going to be in the next release, as the author made some serious progress recently

http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/issues/detail?id=29

I don't think 32X is planned though

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jusr read eekekks updates, suprising to see how far he got on with sega cd emulation in just the space of a week, still when he brings it out just another reason to give snatcher another playthrough

nineteen64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omg, I got a warning status already?? I knew I shouldn't of created this thread! Did I break any rules, all I did was politely asked about the emulation status of Mega CD/32X. Did I do anything wrong to earn a warning?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.