Homebrew Genesis Plus GX won't play SMS games...?

Taint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey!

I've got a lot of emulators currently up and running on my Wii, but for some reason when I try to play Master System games using Genesis Plus GX, all I get is a black screen. I have the SMS and Genesis roms in separate folders and the Genesis roms work fine, but the Master System games (in .sms format) won't even boot up. Anyone else here ever have this problem?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may sound silly, what version you on? it didnt always support sms games

Taint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using the newest version that supports SMS and Game Gear games. I haven't tried GG roms yet, but only the Genesis was working.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
i know about this one as i had the same issue with some roms and it got fixed on svn i think
the problem was with roms which extension is .GG or .SMS instead of .gg and .sms ( lower case)
the solution is to rename rom files manually or force the system hardware option to SMS or GG

Taint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried what you suggested, but it still didn't seem to help. The file extensions were ".sms" already so I changed some to ".SMS" and they don't work like that either. I will just download another emulator for just SMS games then.

Thanks anyway though!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
well, considering sms roms are working fine for everyone else, you would be better finding why it doesn't work for you specifically.
have you tried forcing the "console hardware" option to "SMS" in system settings like i suggested ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol