User-friendly emulators?

Dab710il

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get homebrew emulators that open roms through a file search to be more user-friendly for kids and old people? Like, have it auto open to the game folder like wiisx and not64. The emulators im talking about are vba gx, fce ultra gx, snes9xgx, and genesis plus gx.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately my Wii is somewhat out of commission until I get an AV > HDMI, but have you tried putting the roms folder in the emulator's directory? I *think* VBA GX will simply load that folder on bootup. If not, you might want to consider forwarding roms. https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-forwarder-repository.588781/

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators are all different, but most can be configured to start in the correct folder containing the relevant games.

If you're concerned about end-user simplicity/convenience, I recommend figuring out something like Wiiflow's source menu and plugins, rather than trying a half dozen different emulators with their own (hopefully convenient) menus.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was going to suggest WiiFlow too.
Unfortunately it's something I do not use and I don't know how to set it up. But that's definitely what you're looking for.
Alternatively you could just resign with Virtual Console and WiiWare games, which gets installed in the Wii Menu as Channels (like the Mii Channel, News Channel, Photo Channel) but you're limited to two things:
  • Wii's Internal Memory (unless you use an emuNAND which will work exactly like a Wii Menu only limited by the space of your drive or SD Card)
  • Wii's Virtual Console and WiiWare library which to be honest ain't that good if you're a picky user. Alternatively you could inject roms onto wads but compatibility depends on a lot of things. Still, games that never were in the Wii Shop Channel will work as independent channels.
I'd suggest you to use WiiFlow, it'll be easier (in comparison) and a lot safer than injecting wads and other things that requires a lot of programs just to make something a rom file and an emulator are capable to do better.

Have in mind though, there's still SNES9XGX, FCEUGX, VBAGX, GENESIS PLUSGX, MEDNAFEN, Not64, Wii64, WiiStation, RetroArch and a lot more of emulstors for different systems but that'll require a little bit more of effort setting up routes and folders....and of course... it won't look as nice as WiiFlow.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto