if you find that this thread helps you then please vote here

then maybe the thread will be stickied

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am having an issue with Shreks Carnival Craze NTSC. (see below information from the nfo file)

**Removed NFO***

I am running gamma backup .3 forced NTSC. The CIOS is am using came from BIGMOEs installer and I believe its Cios249 based on his info file.

What happens is upon launching the game, you get the Activision screen, you get the blue shrek screen, then it goes black and locks up the Wii.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please don't post release infos. I want infos about your Wii, installed cIOS, which Game, game region and your used media. I'm missing info about the cIOS and the media.

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Please don't post release infos. I want infos about your Wii, installed cIOS, which Game, game region and your used media. I'm missing info about the cIOS and the media.

Removed the NFO in the post. The wii is 3.2U loaded with Starfall. As I said before I believe the CIOS is 249 based on the information from BIG MOES installer (see below).

7- go to HBC and run (5 - cIOS_Installer Gamma) this will get Cios249 installed for BL0.3G .

For the media I use DVD-R IMG Burn at 1x.

Hope that helps!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thewiiman said:
WiiPower said:

Removed the NFO in the post. The wii is 3.2U loaded with Starfall. As I said before I believe the CIOS is 249 based on the information from BIG MOES installer (see below).

7- go to HBC and run (5 - cIOS_Installer Gamma) this will get Cios249 installed for BL0.3G .

For the media I use DVD-R IMG Burn at 1x.

Hope that helps!

IF the cIOS in this package is the "correct" one, it's either Waninkoko's or WiiGator's cIOS36 rev7 installed as IOS249. Something like "cios249" is wrong and useless information for several reasons. I'm interested in the quality of the burn, i want to know which quality you get with 1x burning speed. Do you mind to do a pi/po scan for me? You can do it with the Nero disc speed utility or DVDInfoPro.

thewiiman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the information I provided was from BIGMOE's readme file. Here is the link to his installer in case the information is that critical.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216

I have installed all but the Rockband CIOS and Softchip r73 (quote below):

1- Go to HBC and run (10-Multi-cIOS-RB SCr73) and install (IOS37-based version)
with Rock Band game support under cIOS248 (up to you to choose cIOSxxx number
up to cIOS248 , cause we used cIOS249 for Gamma Loader) .
2- Go to HBC and run (11-SoftChip r73) and direct it to cIOS number from step 1
(in our case it is cIOS248) and you now have both loaders running

I downloaded, installed, and attempted to run a pi/po scan using DVDInfoPro and it locked up my PC 3 times. So needless to say I uninstalled it. I have nero installed but do not see the option to check the disc speed.

I can tell you that reburned the Shrek and had the same result. This is the only backup I have had problems launching. I have run all the GH3 customs, the sonics, mario kart, mario party, golden balls (PAL), etc, and had no issues until this game if that helps.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed the first game on the "need to be patched list" .... but I didnt need to patch my copy of Army Men: Soldiers of Misfortune... runs fine through gamma with cIOS36 rev7. :s

mtrhd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
wiigee said:
have two copies..........both are pal version....see edit above that the game is listed as working using ntsc version

first is 1:1.....crashes at end of first level

second is patched ios249...crashes at the identical same spot

and yes it has been verified against iso

Thank you, maybe it's just listed as working for ntsc, but the ntsc version has the same issue.
you are correct.i have tried every solution,but far cry still wont work.i tried every loader,every burn software,i tried the real game dumped,ios249,ios247.i just cant play it on a hacked wii.if anyone has a real solution please help us.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mtrhd said:
[...about Far Cry...]
you are correct.i have tried every solution,but far cry still wont work.i tried every loader,every burn software,i tried the real game dumped,ios249,ios247.i just cant play it on a hacked wii.if anyone has a real solution please help us.

Did you try a IOS Version patched to IOS249 copy started from the disc channel with the Gamma rebooter? Like it's described in the 1st post?

slickbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody had any issues loading any of the following with Gamma

The Golden Compass
Wacky Racers
Ultimate Board Games

I should mention that all were brickblocked, Old habit even though i have starfall installed.lol

chondro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm geting the green screen when I force NTSC on Deal or No Deal, anyone else having problems with it, or know of a solution to getting this game working?
Thanks in advance!
yaypsp.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I only force NTSC on the PAL version of the game, wich really really really it is an awful format of gameplay, better get the NTSC version, it has your Mii as the player and Howie Mendel is in it...!!
biggrin.gif

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Steel

I know this game is compatible with gamma v3 and IOS 249 (which is what I have)

Whenever I load the game it just gets to the liscensed by nintendo screen and doesn't do anything? Do I need to change some settings in the config?

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Take this Gamma mod, it should be compatible with every game in the list, except Sam & Max Season One and FarCry:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153...p;#entry1966841

And as i have written in the 1st post, you don't only need IOS249 installed, the important thing is that you patch the game to use that.

What exactly do you mean patch the game?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sideshowkrevis83 said:
WiiPower said:
Take this Gamma mod, it should be compatible with every game in the list, except Sam & Max Season One and FarCry:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153...p;#entry1966841

And as i have written in the 1st post, you don't only need IOS249 installed, the important thing is that you patch the game to use that.

What exactly do you mean patch the game?

Could you please please please read the 1st post of the thread?

sideshowkrevis83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been staring at the 1st post for like an hour now trying to figure out why I cannot get red steel to work. I apologize and I am new to this shit. All I know is I installed gamma using emperor of canada's guide and now my gamma when I go to configurations says...

Gamma Launcher 0.3, IOS 249

does this mean I have cios 249 installed?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spend more time reading. There's no such thing as a cIOS249! On the 1st post it's clearly stated that you need to patch the game with Waninkoko's IOS Version patcher, obiously you didn't do that, and that's why the game won't work. And i'm not sure if Red Steel works in the original(or with 002fix) Gamma, but i know it works in NeoGamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"