General Question about Flashcards

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by oaij, Nov 16, 2013.

1. oaij
    OP

oaij Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    hi guys, i'll delete this thread if I get an answer, looked around the forums and the stickies but couldn't find an answer to my question anywhere.

I have an old DS lite that i'm looking to play some classic DS games on, wanted to do it via flashcard. I live in the UK and not sure where to order one from or which one to get, obviously I don't want to get scammed. If anyone can point me in the right direction then that would be great

was thinking an original R4? but not sure where to buy from

thanks guys!

2. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Zhuzhuchina.com, realhotstuff.hk, and nds-card.com (gbatemps official sponsor!) are all reputable, respected websites.

3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    i find it really curious that you can ask what flash kit to get after you claim to have checked the stickies.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/ (stickie from the section you posted in)
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-r4-should-i-buy.356885/ (stickie from the r4 section, which you should have found as you said you wanted an r4)

as for where to buy, i can't really fault you on that one because our search box sucks. the 3 mentioned are good suggestions.

-another world

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view user location.

That is because the search function has a 3 character minimum for a word search, it ignores all words 2 and 1 chars long and uses the first 3 or more char long word. "R4" is 2 characters long, you don't get any results with that.

That is also why I recommend the use of "3in1" instead of "3 in 1" (dashes are treated like spaces in by the search function making "3-in-1" useless as well), which basically consists of 1 and 2 character length words making it not searchable, "3in1" is searchable. I am surprised you are not aware of that consciously.

5. UltraMew

UltraMew GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Flying a blue hedgehog around
    PLEASE get a DSTwo, they are sooo better.

6. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Why would he want a $40 DSTwo for his old DS Lite when an R4/i will suit him just fine? Heck even a DSTT would work for his set-up.

7. UltraMew

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    R4=no GBA/SNES, he might want that. But fine, he can have a piece of crap clone card.

8. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    But wouldn't a GBA Slot-2 card be preferable to emulation? Since his DS has the ability to do so and such.

9. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Get a 3in1 for GBA, and SNES can be done without a DSTWO via lolSnes, SnesDS, or SNEmulDS (lolSnes is newer, I don't know if it's better than the others though. Last I know, I believe SnesDS was the best). It's better on a DSTWO, but it's still not great regardless.

10. oaij
    OP

oaij Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    wow thanks everyone for the replies, wasn't expecting anything let alone so quickly - so you're saying if I get a DSTWO I can play snes games as well?

11. UltraMew

Banned
    Aug 7, 2013
    United States
    Well, you can with R4 Crappy "SuperDeluxe" but 10 times better on DS2. And GBA emulation too.