Homebrew RELEASE Gen7.2 Engine Free Edition: Visual Programming for Switch, Wii, Windows and Web - New features+free

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By law, you're just committed to distribute the executable since I doubt the toolchains licenses I use to build the apps/games allow to market them, I have to check (except for Windows, Linux and Web).
However, any Gen7 build executable doesn't contain a lot of data and is more a loader/wrapper for them, and most of the actual game is in the files that are produced by Gen7 only, and these can be freely marketed, and you can add in the executable checks to verify their authenticity.

But you can't market it on the eShop, since anyway the executables are designed to be launched in an homebrew environment.

Last edited by iyenal,

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would be interesting, but it depends of how the scene is on these platforms as I focus more on nice communities than the target itself, and the changes involved in the engine to support them.

As for the download link, I'll reupload it, but all the versions I have ever released to the public are highly unstable and nowhere close to what I've developed so far, mostly because of large changes on where the development is headed to (especially stability) and a complete rewrite.
The next releases will so introduce large changes in, where the only similarity will be the name.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

iyenal

iyenal222
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, and your Engine supports the qualities of Nintendo Switch? like the HD Rumble, Gyroscope, see you suddenly the camera or the NFC sensor

No it doesn't, and it'll not for a long time if ever.
My goal isn't to make an engine for the Switch, but to make an engine that supports, among others, the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1