Gen 4 remake for nx?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Yil, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Much better visuals. And maybe gameplay (at this point I cannot say battle need any more changes if we count alola form) improvment like riding pokemons instead of tm in sun/moon, all direction movement. And gyms. And finally arceus.

2. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I can almost guarantee you of one thing. The Gen 4 remakes are up next on the release schedules. And I'm excited! Sinnoh's my personal fav. Platinum is my most-played Pokemon game. We'll have to see what direction Nintendo takes from here. In about six months, we'll know where we can expect the Gen 4 remakes to drop on.

Riyaz likes this.
  3. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    But but but but but we don't even know what the NX is.

4. CoolFangs

CoolFangs Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Michigan
    Uh, and? We know it's gonna play games, does anything else really matter in this situation?

5. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I'd like to see another gen1 remake first (specially yellow)

Yil and Gray_Jack like this.
  6. MionissNio

MionissNio GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Me too! I would also like to see another kanto game deriving away from gym formula like Sun / Moon Did!

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I can see them remaking gen 1 or having a game in Kanto because of Pokemon GO.

8. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Oh, was the lack of gyms confirmed? I thought it was just speculation, since they announced the island challenges but never explicitly said gyms were gone?

9. Posghetti

Posghetti Greninja Master

GBAtemp Patron
    Posghetti is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 15, 2016
    United States
    Michigan
    Gen 4 is my favorite generation of Pokemon. Been looking forward to a remake for a long time, it's possible they might do it, but they might not either, so you never know, but I'm down for it :P

HaloEliteLegend likes this.
  10. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    They've done remakes for the last three regions one after another. If they keep up this pattern (which is making them money, so of course they will), we'll see a Gen 4 remake pretty soon.

Posghetti likes this.
  11. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai baja boner blast

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    The main Pokemon games are always on handhelds, and if the NX isn't a handheld like the rumors are saying, then the Gen 4 remakes likely won't be on the NX.

AyanamiRei0 likes this.
  12. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Game Freak will only do main series games on handhelds to increase profitability. If NX is only a console, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

13. BB1996

BB1996 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Connecticut
    that's correct I also believe they said in an article a while ago they wouldn't put any mainstream games on a console only the handholds. That being said I wouldn't mind a pokemon game like pokemon coliseum or XD gale of darkness. Something different than a the generic beat the evil team, collect all badges and become the champion, those games had a different take and story from the usually pokemon world games which I did quite enjoy.

Yil likes this.
  14. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Black and White was a change from that extremely generic formula which I really enjoyed. I do hope that more Pokémon games will stray away from that formula and introduce actual plot twists that aren't predictable.

Like, say, allowing a degree of success for the antagonist team. Letting them win a bit.

Tomato Hentai and Yil like this.
  15. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    Underground!
    Sinnoh megas!
    Pal park!
    PokéRadar!
    Pokétch!

Are you not entertained!

Last edited by Flame, Aug 18, 2016
    Tomato Hentai likes this.
  16. BB1996

BB1996 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    Connecticut
    poketch kind of meh. but everything is awesome especially underground. I didn't steal flags from friends much but looking for fossils and other rare items was fun. I just never found myself using the poketch apps back then but honestly cant remember if any apps were really helpful

Edit I do remember after I looked the apps up that I used the map to track cresselia and mespirit as they roamed and I don't remember that daycare app but that sounds very helpful

Last edited by BB1996, Aug 18, 2016
    Flame likes this.