Homebrew GeeXbox 0.1beta2 Release

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm surprised nobody mentioned this...anyways, GeeXboX 0.1beta2 is out, supporting MINI, Team Twiizers IOS Replacement. Get your BootMiis ready and try it out:
QUOTE said:
GeeXboX for Wii (IOS) 0.1beta2 and GeeXboX for Wii (MINI) 0.1beta2 have been released.

Goto the Project Homepage(http://geexboxforwii.sourceforge.net) to download and find info about the new versions.

In short, the major change is Wii native DVD support in MINI version.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

farter
Source, Infos and download

I have to say that I lost the interest in GeeXboX during the time, MPlayer-CE simply grew up, and was better than GeeXboX. But native DVD-Support sounds very interessting. And, to be honest, I'm hoping that a Port of Enna might be possible, which uses GeeXboX. XBMC for the Wii isn't a reality, but this might be one. But yeah, these are only dreams...awesome ones, to be true
smile.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
GeeXboX for Wii (MINI) is basically the IOS version modified to take advantage of MINI firmware and has to be launched through MINI, i.e. manually from Bootmii GUI or automatically by replacing ppcboot.elf in bootmii folder. This version does support native wifi (currently at a rather low speed); does support USB 2.0; does support front SD slot hot-swapping; does support native DVD; does not support returning to HBC.

Finally USB2.0 support in GeeXboX!
I also like the fact that MINI is used. This is very interesting news!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Screemer said:
are there some working wifi-drivers for the mini-kernel?
Yup, there are. MIKE P5 includes DVD and Wi-Fi. It's also integrated in this GeeXboX release:
QUOTEbluetooth or wifi (MINI version only)
Damm...I realy want Enna xD. Hopefully this would be possible...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Test it with the cables? Normally you should just need to select the 480p kernel and everything should work fine.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, don't know why, but it just crashes :-/ Didn't think it is possible on the wii (that is, device-incompatibilities).

I've downloaded an archive, unpacked, renamed elf to the ppcboot.elf. It starts to load (with geexbox splash), then wii just turns off. I've switched to the debug, and recording the screen to the video one can see that it cannot mount something (squashfs?).

Don't think that the case is with my bootmii being v2 (and not the latest one).

P.S. It is not SD - tried 3 different ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...