Hacking GCN and WII backups on a single hdd via vwii not working

lunaticraze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this, pick up a usb flash drive formated with fat32, put at least 1 gamecube game inside your GAMES folder and try to lunch it. If it launches the problem is with the partition of your hard drive. I used easus partition manager and made the fat32 partition with 32 kb and set it to primary (this is important).
the flash drive worked so it does look like its a partition issue. I used easeus and set it to fat32 with 32kb cluster and set the partition to primary but there must be some step im missing... Is there a guide somewhere on how to do it correctly?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does your program have an option for formatting tables, like pedro said? As far as I know there's only MBR (right) or GPT (wrong). It could be your hdd is using GPT so the programs are defaulting to that - not used one myself for ages so don't know, but there SHOULD (!) be the option to change somewhere. If not, it can be done quite easily using a command prompt..
Actually, just found out it's a piece of piss to do in Windows too - Link (if required) Personally I'd format the DISKPART way anyway, should get rid of that dodgy partition thing...

Last edited by mightymuffy,

lunaticraze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is an option to go to mbr but yea it is using gpt like you've mentioned and i don't know how to switch. @ least I don't see an option in easeus...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think there is an option to go to mbr but yea it is using gpt like you've mentioned and i don't know how to switch. @ least I don't see an option in easeus...
so i told you to see if it was mbr and you never said anything... thats obvious why it wont work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the first picture you posted had the solution :
you need to use a "primary" partition.

Primary is a MBR partition type.
MBR primary
MBR extended (EBR)
MBR logical
GPT

You need to use MBR primary.
Maybe I should add "MBR" in the warning message? or add a new check if the partition is GPT.

Windows told you that you had a primary gpt partition ?
That's strange, because GPT can hold 128 partitions, there's no need of logical or extended partition, so no need to name them "primary". they are only "partition".
But I see it can be named in a way which make it confusing to understand. I'll probably modify that warning message.

just a thing, the message you got is not in the latest release.
you should update the USBLoaderGX to get proper nintendont settings and compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox