dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I've put out my command-line utility to display info and shrink Gamecube image files. Check it out at the Wiki. Thus far, it has made images that are identical to GCMUtility. So now you don't have to monkey with its awkward interface!
wink.gif

WrathofGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty cool I must say. You should try to make a gui though as i'm sure some ppl dislike command prompts. Not to mention you have to remember commands lol.

dsbomb

OP
Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
GUIs already exist in GCMUtiltiy (to shrink) and GC-Tool (to view the files). I make it mostly as I learn a little bit about the Gamecube, and I prefer the command line. Command line tools are the best way to set up scripts and such to automate several tasks.

There's nothing to be afraid of, it's just a little typing...

Oh, and a general note about using this to shrink the files. I have found a few instances where it creates a file different from GCMUtility's shrinker. On one test, it didn't want to run properly, too. I'm still looking into how (and why) GCMUtility does what it does. If anyone else knows a bit more about the file tables and such of GCM images, let me know...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/