Hacking .gci gamecube 100% save file got from the internet, how to bring it on my Wii U?

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

my google skills aren't strong enough for this scenario and if you don't mind helping me again, it will be greatly appreciated!

I use USB Loader GX on the VWii side of my Wii U. I installed a backup of my original "WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!" disc. But the 100% save game I had is long gone.. I got one from the internet (source : https://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/918882-warioware-inc-mega-party-game/saves ).

It's a .gci file and I am not sure what to do. I read I had to transfer my Wario Ware inc save game on the sd card. I did and this file appeared on SD:\private\wii\title\RODE\data.bin

I'm not even sure it is my Wario save file but this appeared right after I transfered the save soooo.. It might be it, right?

What should I do from there? I'm completly lost. I guess there is an easy way to do this.. Right?

I don't mind beating the game again because it's fun but it would give me unfair practice over my friends. I prefer to discover my game at he same pace my friends do with me! :)

Thanks for your support! I've been able to achieve so much with the help of this community!

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a memory card, use GCMM to copy the gci to it.

If you're using memcard emulation, you can use Dolphin's memcard manager to import it.

I read I had to transfer my Wario Ware inc save game on the sd card. I did and this file appeared on SD:\private\wii\title\RODE\data.bin
And that's the save for warioware smooth moves. You don't need it.

Last edited by missionfloyd,

Volt26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your replies. I used Dolphin's memcard manager to import it.

I had a lot of trouble to get the raw file to work under USB Loader GX though.. After a lot of testing, I finally figured out the setting proposed on the url is wrong (well, for what I want to do anyways). I had to set Memcard Emulation to Single. It was the ONLY way to make it work.

I'm not sure what that means but at least it works :)

Thank you again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: