Hacking GC Backup Launcher Support

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehLink said:
Anyone have any luck with Zoids Battle Legends? I have it burned on a multi-iso disc and it gets to the main menu but all options lead to Disc Read Error. Any ideas?

I've check compat list and heard complaints from others, Zoids so far hasn't been working. I'm sorry. :E

Is it just me or do all my multigames with MultiGameISOCreator output to PAL?
Can someone make one and check back with me?

|
v

If you could, use Dolphin emulator and see if it shows up as EUR even when you pick a different region.
I know I picked USA for my region, but it still outputted as EUR.
Can someone confirm/deny this with dolphin emulator?

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a multiboot disc with Mario 64 (injected into the Zelda Master Quest emulator), Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Wario World, Paper Mario:TYD, & Wario Ware Inc.
I used GC Multigame Iso creator and had it shrink all of the titles except the n64 title.
All of the games seemed to work pretty flawlessly for the few minutes I tested them.
I pressed A to auto detect the video mode upon starting each game.

The one thing I do remember with Luigi's Mansion though, was a black screen for about 15 seconds with sound underneath it, before the title screen came up.

Mario 64 does something similar where the first time you start it up, it takes about a minute or so to create the initial save file and it can appear that it is frozen on a black screen.

You might want to try waiting out the black screen.

fgsfdsyo said:
Has anyone got Luigi's Mansion (NTSC) working on a multiboot iso?
I used MultigameISOCreator.exe [I'm pretty sure that's the name] and the game just showed up as a blank screen, but I could still hear.

If anyone has, can you tell me:
MIOS you were using
If you had any GC related codes on (Like starfall, or preloader)
How did you boot it up?

Many thanks.

Other than that, the games I used in my multiiso worked perfectly.
I can finally play Zeta Gundam 4 players.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fgsfdsyo: It doesn't matter what they output to because the Wii sees them as whatever region the ISO is. If you put in a NTSC game into the GCOS creator, then it's still a NTSC game. If you put in a PAL game, its still PAL. The GCOS creator has the region selector thing for the GCOS app that was used on GC Homebrew and so its not needed.

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ended up dumping my Luigi Mansion image again and it worked perfectly the second I booted up the multidisc.

Golfman: Thanks for clearing that up, it didn't realize that's how it worked.

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone explain the difference between the three MIOS versions? I'm really curious to know, and no one seems to have posted an answer anywhere.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok here's my only question:
when I install the new GCN launcher, do I need to install any new cIOS or can I just use the cIOS I already have that used by gamma? and what exactly is mIOS and cmIOS if I'm saying it right?

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jargus said:
You can use the cIOS for gamma. MIOS is what the Wii uses for GC mode.
ok...so I need this mIOS to use the new GCN Launcher...where do I get them? is it like downloading it like with the cIOS for Gamma?

Rod_Hull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
...or alternatively (and better) keep your Wii to be set up to use EDTV/HDTV 480p and just press and hold B immediately after pressing A to boot the game until the image appears. This happens to me with a PAL Wii, running PAL games with component cables in 480p - holding B forces the game to use 480p prog. scan mode...

Your games (if they support it) will look MUCH better for it - less jaggies and a more smooth, solid image...

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
Rod_Hull said:
...or alternatively (and better) keep your Wii to be set up to use EDTV/HDTV 480p and just press and hold B immediately after pressing A to boot the game until the image appears. This happens to me with a PAL Wii, running PAL games with component cables in 480p - holding B forces the game to use 480p prog. scan mode...

Your games (if they support it) will look MUCH better for it - less jaggies and a more smooth, solid image...

480p IS progressive scan mode. do you mean that they usually display in 480i (interlaced) but you can force progressive by holding B? or do i have the wrong end of the stick.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok read this whole 12 pages, tried everything and F-zero PAL still wont work on my PAL wii-wii. Its the only game on the wiki i disagree with.

Mine freezes on the nintendo SEGA logo....

Is there a definitive answer to the most compatible MIOS version?

Im running v4 as it has AR support and SDML, but maybe its v4 thats preveting f-zero?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok on the comp list says that some multi_ISO_creators are working, and I just download GCMUtility.exe wich not only creates multi ISO booting but also shrink the ISO's so more capacity, but does the multi ISO function works in GC Launcher..?? or has anyone tested this..?? if not then wait till tomorrow and I will confirm this on the Comp List...!!!
smile.gif

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great work WiiGator and Waninkoko !

All backup i try boots fine, and most multi game too.

But Resident Evil Zero hangs up in the telescop room, after i put the 3 plates (justice, discipline and obedience).
I try reburn the iso, the cd2 and some options in the gcbackuplauncher and nothing more !
Is someone have the same problem ?

Another point: Resident Evil 1 cd 2, Zero cd2 and 2 are booting in a multi disc but don't work after press on "New game".

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure DX isn't working for me, even though the wiki says it does. When I turn it on, it says something about turning off the system and looking in the game booklet for help. Did anyone else get this problem? And yes, I've tried running NTSC, patched the mios and even the slow rebooter or w/e it was called.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok i was running cmios v5 and i try mios v8, the problem is the same: resident evil zero (biohazard) freeze on a black screen with an horrible sound after unblocking the door to get out of the telescop room.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gan1664 said:
Great work WiiGator and Waninkoko !

All backup i try boots fine, and most multi game too.

But Resident Evil Zero hangs up in the telescop room, after i put the 3 plates (justice, discipline and obedience).
I try reburn the iso, the cd2 and some options in the gcbackuplauncher and nothing more !
Is someone have the same problem ?

Another point: Resident Evil 1 cd 2, Zero cd2 and 2 are booting in a multi disc but don't work after press on "New game".

So RE0 doesnt work or does?, How do you change disk when it says?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm