Hardware GBC Hardware problems

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a lil' problem here... today I bought a Gameboy Color on a flea market for 5 bucks, but when I got home and I tested it with a GBC cart, there was no sound and even tho the console turned on fine, the image showed with incorrect colors (Mostly a distorted mix of black and white instead of the colors it should be showing) I got a multimeter around for doing some tests, but I don't have a clue about what could be wrong.. Got any ideas? :unsure:

Last edited by NoSnake221,
Reactions: Alexander1970

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got a lil' problem here... today I bought a Gameboy Color on a flea market for 5 bucks, but when I got home and I tested it with a GBC cart, there was no sound and even tho the console turned on fine, the image showed with incorrect colors (Mostly a distorted mix of black and white instead of the colors it should be showing) I got a multimeter around for doing some tests, but I don't have a clue about what could be wrong.. Got any ideas? :unsure:
Here are some pictures of the screen I took while having the Donkey Kong Country cartridge inserted:
20191221_171837.jpg
20191221_171834.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, the text that should say "Nintendo" is all glitched when booting the console with no cartridge inserted:
Boot.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The first things I would do is clean the cartridge port with IPA then visually inspect the board for bad caps, dodgy solder joints, etc.
Already cleaned the port, I'll check the board. Thanks :)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: No need to apologize. +1