Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
twitch.jpg

Hi everyone, did you know that GBAtemp has an official twitch channel? Well now we have a youtube channel too to upload our past streams to and other content too. Check out both of the channels below and please follow and subscribe to our channels to keep up to date with the latest streams and content from them. Thanks!

Stream is: Offline
Streamer: p1ngpong
Game: Assassins Creed Unity

:arrow: Twitch GBAtempTV

:arrow: GBAtemp Broadcast Archive

:arrow: GBAtemp TV youtube channel

Reactions: breaktemp

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If anyone wants to submit a video to me I will look at it and decide if it is suitable for our youtube channel. Unfortunately when it comes to any type of pokemon or Nintendo related videos featuring gameplay we can not upload anything like that because Nintendo will immediately issue a copyright strike against us as is their out of touch policy for such things.
How does that work with the multitude of publicly available, popular videos of Nintendo games that are on Youtube? Are those somehow being protected from that, or is it just Nintendo having a particular issue with a GBAtemp channel?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does that work with the multitude of publicly available, popular videos of Nintendo games that are on Youtube? Are those somehow being protected from that, or is it just Nintendo having a particular issue with a GBAtemp channel?
Anything that is already uploaded to YouTube is basically grandfathered into the program.
Any other channel that uploads anything new, runs the risk of having a strike down, due to the relatively new policy.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Nintendo is immediately going to see the video 2 minutes after we upload it and take it down, especially considering how much content is uploaded to YouTube, but it's a matter of the long run of Nintendo's new youtubers policy.

Not to mention, a lot of those videos that get uploaded now aren't always going to be taken down, it also means if anyone makes any money off those videos via YouTube monetization, Nintendo will let you keep it up if you cut them a bit of the profit of that monetization.

I could be screwing up the explanation a bit, but that's the basic gist of it.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually Im going to change my stance because I really cant be bothered arguing about this. The channel is for staff only, regular members videos will not be featured. Go upload your pokemon battles to your own channels.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
fair enough, I was unaware of the new Nintendo youtube policy.

* in the past KazoWAR would upload the battles to their channel *

hmm...but would uploading them to "filetrip" be a better option ?

anyhow, this is still very cool and it seems like a good way to archive the twitch streams.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone interested, I'm going to attempt to stream Halo 5 from beginning to end on Tuesday, October 27th, the day of release.

If you feel like tuning in I will most likely front page the post so anyon can pop in and out throughout the day and watch me destroy the covenant and possibly berate 343 if their game is a pile of shit :angry:

Reactions: Flame and VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-