DidYouKnowGaming? Youtube Channel Hacked by "Ripple"

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I don't like crypto at all so meh
2) Ammo and guns... yeah, knives only have one job right?
Yes, knives only have one purpose. Cutting/stabbing. The purpose does not imply intent. The user implies intent.

A rock has no purpose other than to exist. I can just as easily murder someone with a rock as I can with a knife.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, knives only have one purpose. Cutting/stabbing. The purpose does not imply intent. The user implies intent.

A rock has no purpose other than to exist. I can just as easily murder someone with a rock as I can with a knife.
You can kill anyone with anything... guns only purpose are killing/hurting/destruction. Knives are more universal to like you know cooking? Eating? Skinning?

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can kill anyone with anything... guns only purpose are killing/hurting/destruction. Knives are more universal to like you know cooking? Eating? Skinning?
Regardless of what you do with a knife, the sole purpose of a knife is cutting or stabbing. What you cut or stab is entirely up to the user.

Stop blaming inanimate objects for the users bad intent. A guns only purpose isn't killing. Its a very effective protective weapon when used properly and by trained users. The problem isn't guns. The problem is a vast lack of knowledge of guns as well as a severe mental health crisis in a certain country that allows guns.

I've owned a pistol most of my adult life. Know how many people I've used it to murder? Exactly zero.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Regardless of what you do with a knife, the sole purpose of a knife is cutting or stabbing. What you cut or stab is entirely up to the user.

Stop blaming inanimate objects for the users bad intent. A guns only purpose isn't killing. Its a very effective protective weapon when used properly and by trained users. The problem isn't guns. The problem is a vast lack of knowledge of guns as well as a severe mental health crisis in a certain country that allows guns.

I've owned a pistol most of my adult life. Know how many people I've used it to murder? Exactly zero.
Then don't use stupid analogies for crypto :rofl2: Guns and ammo have nothing to even closely related with it.
If you want a gun thread, do it somewhere else.

Now lets not do it more off-topic.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't use stupid analogies for crypto :rofl2: Guns and ammo have nothing to even closely related with it.
If you want a gun thread, do it somewhere else.

Now lets not do it more off-topic.
I used it as an analogy because it applies. You're claiming that crypto is inherently bad and not the intent of the users who make it bad.
Fine, I'll try another way. Cartels launder money and use that money to fuel their cartel machine. That makes all paper money bad too, right?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes, sure. I totally see the how crypto and guns fits...
Crypto so far only seem to cause chaos... I can see the benefits of it but sadly people exists.

This is why we can't have nice things!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You said it yourself. I said it first, but I'm glad you finally see what I'm trying to point out. The object itself isnt bad. People are.
Of course, I just need you to realize that a weapon isn't even in the same ball park as crypto.

One can take your life, the other one can just ruin it if you're stupid to involve yourself in cons.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, I just need you to realize that a weapon isn't even in the same ball park as crypto.

One can take your life, the other one can just ruin it if you're stupid to involve yourself in cons.
Not sure about that. I’m sure crypto has been directly related to several sudden deaths. Therefore, crypto can kill.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What does the discussion about crypto currencies, guns, knives and such have to do with the original news message? Okay, some spammers ("hackers") got access to the channel and posted crypto stuff. They could have posted any spam, the result would have been the same: Original videos deleted from the channel, spam uploaded.

Reactions: duwen

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What does the discussion about crypto currencies, guns, knives and such have to do with the original news message? Okay, some spammers ("hackers") got access to the channel and posted crypto stuff. They could have posted any spam, the result would have been the same: Original videos deleted from the channel, spam uploaded.
I wonder if it's a Session Cookie again that caused it.

Reactions: SylverReZ

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like DidYouKnowGaming wasn't the only one that got bit yesterday. Apparently the same people also hacked SuperBeardBrothers.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like DidYouKnowGaming wasn't the only one that got bit yesterday. Apparently the same people also hacked SuperBeardBrothers.

SuperBeardBrothers is back up, except for DYKG.

Sigh... Google just force people to sign in again if a new IP is detected....
I feel that Google should put more stricter measures in place to restrict the account in case these sorts of attacks occur.

Reactions: rcpd

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I used it as an analogy because it applies. You're claiming that crypto is inherently bad and not the intent of the users who make it bad.
Fine, I'll try another way. Cartels launder money and use that money to fuel their cartel machine. That makes all paper money bad too, right?
I think paper money is bad because it seems to hold no inherent value other than what the “market” allows it to be.. like crypto.. so yeah… bad

On topic: Is this the same thing that affected LTT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back