TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
its all about learning their pattern. in the case of the later bosses that toss a bunch of junk at you, its about patience. a "retro" boss fight can last 20 minutes but in your head you want to spam them with attacks and kill them off as quickly as possible. this type of approach is a sure way to get your character killed. you need to accept that fact that you may only get in 1-2 shots before its time to dodge for 2 minutes. approach the last "good" ending boss battle with this in mind and i am sure you can get through it. also, shoot all the things they shoot at you, most will drop hearts and experience refills.

-another world
Hm... lesson noted (almost at the good ending boss myself).

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Will seriously try out the TI-84 version of the game. :P
Unfortunately it's not a copy of the game as-is, a lot was changed to work within the confines of the system.

Kinda' like the mario clones, only extending to level/story.
I know, I have Mario and Block Dude on there and it's actually pretty impressive, the Mario game even has its own level editor.
It's great if you want something little out of the ordinary during those short breaks.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone know if the 3ds version is the most complete version (content wise) ?
I already know of the psp and pc version being available and I have the option of getting either if I really wanted.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I do know that Cave Story+ for the PC has a lot of extra content (secondary story mode, extra mode or two, etc.), I don't know if the 3DS version included all the extras or if it was just the original game remade.
To my knowledge, the 3DS eShop version does include all the extras of Cave Story Plus, minus the updated visuals. It features Curly Story, hard/easy mode, etc.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've finished the original game 2-3 times (also on PSP), it's an awesome game, and I can finish it pretty quickly... Guess I should start Cave-Story+ (which I do own on steam) :P

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried so hard to get the "best" ending, but just can't get past that final level (the fact that I traded for the machine gun instead of sticking with my polar star probably doesn't help), so I said screw it and escaped to get the "normal" ending last night. I'm debating whether I want to go back and try to beat it with the best ending again, or just save my time and move on to Cave Story 3D, which I just bought yesterday (and beat the best ending on that one).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story+ is a port of the original with a higher resolution sort of hacked in, so the screen scrolling can seem a little choppy at times (the engine is trying to smooth the scrolling as if it was still running the low resolution, it seems), but other than that I recommend it over the original PC one for all the added features (and you can even drop the older fan translation files into the game if you prefer).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
This was my very first Cave Story mod. It's sort of a practice for me before I get into some REAL modding. Basically, if you play it like normal, then it's Cave Story. However, there is an extra fourth ending that you can achieve which involves saving the lives of King, Toroko, and the Colons, as well as sending you and Curly home with the Sakamotos. This mod is now completed. If you find any glitches or typos, however, I MIGHT release another version. Andwhyisit has ported this mod to the PSP and Mac, which was something I kept putting off until I wasn't finding glitches anymore, so I'd have to have him update those if I released another version. Let's hope I got them all.

Source

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds version got me frustrated when I got to the part that lets you go to hell I'm pretty sure I did everything needed for the door to be opened but it wouldn't open ><

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?