GBATemp recommends: Raid: Shadow Legends [April Fools]

image (1).png
Hey guys, Ericzander from GBATemp here and I just have to let you know my thoughts on the hit new mobile game from 2018 that is taking the world by STORM! I picked up the game from the Google Play Store for absolutely FREE and was able to finally join one of the biggest mobile role-playing games that the world has ever seen!!

Currently hundreds and hundreds of people play Raid Shadow Legends and I can see why! It’s got all the best models and environments and runs at so many frames per second your head will explode from the graphics!! Seriously, don’t take my word for it there are thousands of 5 star reviews on Google Play store and some of the reviews aren’t even from bots!

1.jpg

Plarium Games really outdid themselves this time because the game is full of EPIC champions and they can all be customized to make them even better and, more importantly, even more stronger! Raid Shadow Legends must have learned from Blizzard’s mistakes in assuming that people had phones because they even made a PC version of the most awesome mobile game!

2.jpg

The game has more than champions though because it also has EVIL bosses that have insane skills of their own so you have to work together with your fellow gamers to take down the mean ones. You have to go download the game quick before Raid realizes how foolish they were to make such an amazing game free for everyone! Seriously, what the heck are you waiting for?

3.jpg

I’ll even sweeten the deal for you. If you sign up today using my code you’ll get not 1,000 not 2,000 not 3,000 not 4,000 not 5,000 not 6,000 not 7,000 not 8,000 not 9,000 not 10,000 not 11,000 not 12,000 not 13,000 but 50,000 silver and not 2 epic champions not 3 epic champions not 4 epic champions but 1 epic champion! That’s right you just have to sign up and then BOOM you’ll have free stuff! You’re on GBATemp so I know you love your free stuff!! Who doesn’t love free stuff!!! Just go ahead and sign up what are you waiting for this game is really good and really ambitious and seriously it’s just awesome. I’ll see you there!

4.jpg

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
I am very sorry but I had to stop reading the post because I had just uninstalled Raid Shadow Legends after 1 month of a lot of insistence, but finally gave up due to its ATROCIOUS monetization and ridiculous energy system.

And let me tell you about it!

The "silver" the regular money you earn is spent even to unequip gear from your heroes, if you don't want to LOSE them, making customizing for different bosses and scenarios and PvP almost impossible, if you are not swimming in silver.

It's 2019, and this game has energy. This should sum up pretty much how freemium this game is. You have so much stuff to do yet so little energy. You might be getting a lot of it in the beginning like I was, but once you start to receive quests that make you drop certain specific gear, with minimal % rates, you understand how they manage to suck your energy away. You are usually either levelling in the campaign (best place for XP) that sucks to get good gear drops, or you are dropping gear in "dungeons" or you are dropping some "potions" to "ascend" (increase base stats) heroes in other dungeons, or you are killing the Minotaur in its dungeon to drop some scrolls that also customize a passive tree for your hero. And the XP in dungeons is usually terrible compared to the campaign on purpose, to force you on using even more energy because guess what? THEY SELL ENERGY AND SILVER. Remember when I said that silver was spent to change gear? It is also used to upgrade gear, and unlock heroes and ascend heroes and you get the point.

Oh, yea and ALMOST EVERY SINGLE AREA is just 3 zones with waves of enemies to defeat, sometimes with a boss at the end. It gets stale so quick the only reason I got to play it for long was that I actually almost never play turn-based RPG games so this one felt "fresh" for me. Now I had just got into weeks of hiatus, tried again, remember it wouldn't improve its store, and gave up. If I'm going to play a game that is screwing me or limiting me just to try and take my money, I might actually do it with Dark Souls which I already paid for and I KNOW it's trying to fuck with me!

The PvP is not even a real PVP. You fight against a pre-set team that another player built, and fight that team controlled by an AI, and the balancing of the PvP is HORRIBLE because it's basically non-existent. Heroes do have a power meter, but it is not rounded down or anything in earlier ranks, meaning that you may find full teams of lv 50 heroes (max being 60) fully ascended in the SECOND RANK, bronze 2. Oh, and remember how in order to be a little forgiving they let you not lose rank up to a certain point so you don't get too demotivated? Not in here, you can go back to bronze 1 if you mess up. Also, while people attack your team controlled by an AI which might not even use the right skills in the most optimal sequence, you lose rank. So you might grind with some effort, go to bed, then boom, down 1 or 2 ranks because people picked your team to fight against.

The "fight against bosses with your clan" is the most deceptive message I've seen in some years! What actually happens is that the boss has a shared HP and every clan member fights it individually and get a reward for doing a certain amount of damage to it. For a game named "Raid", not having any raid with multiple players seems pretty ironic.

And now for the best part: The store. They try to sell loot boxes with heroes inside for egregious prices, usually, the one that comes with the best box, that doesn't even guarantee the best rarity hero is the price of a released triple-A title, AT LAUNCH! That is the most ridiculous price I have seen in years! "Hmm, I wonder what I'm gonna do, get Cyberpunk, OOOOR A LOOT BOX?" And of course, they don't expect you to buy it without a discount, that is what anchoring is for! Now that you found this price absurd they will eventually pull up a "limited time" offer with a certain % of discount for you to believe that price is actually worth it because you know, obviously, a digital loot box with not even guarantee a legendary hero is worth the price, discounted. Obviously. (not)

If you are against the predatory practices that EA and Ubisoft have been implementing, do yourself a favour and don't play this game. The core game is pretty ok, but the monetization is simply evil.

I'm sorry for posting this, DeMod, but as a person who is worried about the integrity of how other gamers might become prey of egregious schemes, I cannot recommend this game at all.

Last edited by Vila_,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I am very sorry but I had to stop reading the post because I had just uninstalled Raid Shadow Legends after 1 month of a lot of insistence, but finally gave up due to its ATROCIOUS monetization and ridiculous energy system.

The "silver" the regular money you earn is spent even to unequip gear from your heroes, if you don't want to LOSE them, making customizing for different bosses and scenarios and PvP almost impossible, if you are not swimming in silver.

It's 2019, and this game has energy. This should sum up pretty much how freemium this game is. You have so much stuff to do yet so little energy. You might be getting a lot of it in the beginning like I was, but once you start to receive quests that make you drop certain specific gear, with minimal % rates, you understand how they manage to suck your energy away. You are usually either levelling in the campaign (best place for XP) that sucks to get good gear drops, or you are dropping gear in "dungeons" or you are dropping some "potions" to "ascend" (increase base stats) heroes in other dungeons, or you are killing the Minotaur in its dungeon to drop some scrolls that also customize a passive tree for your hero. And the XP in dungeons is usually terrible compared to the campaign on purpose, to force you on using even more energy because guess what? THEY SELL ENERGY AND SILVER. Remember when I said that silver was spent to change gear? It is also used to upgrade gear, and unlock heroes and ascend heroes and you get the point.

Oh, yea and ALMOST EVERY SINGLE AREA is just 3 zones with waves of enemies to defeat, sometimes with a boss at the end. It gets stale so quick the only reason I got to play it for long was that I actually almost never play turn-based RPG games so this one felt "fresh" for me. Now I had just got into weeks of hiatus, tried again, remember it wouldn't improve its store, and gave up. If I'm going to play a game that is screwing me or limiting me just to try and take my money, I might actually do it with Dark Souls which I already paid for and I KNOW it's trying to fuck with me!

The PvP is not even a real PVP. You fight against a pre-set team that another player built, and fight that team controlled by an AI, and the balancing of the PvP is HORRIBLE because it's basically non-existent. Heroes do have a power meter, but it is not rounded down or anything in earlier ranks, meaning that you may find full teams of lv 50 heroes (max being 60) fully ascended in the SECOND RANK, bronze 2. Oh, and remember how in order to be a little forgiving they let you not lose rank up to a certain point so you don't get too demotivated? Not in here, you can go back to bronze 1 if you mess up. Also, while people attack your team controlled by an AI which might not even use the right skills in the most optimal sequence, you lose rank. So you might grind with some effort, go to bed, then boom, down 1 or 2 ranks because people picked your team to fight against.

The "fight against bosses with your clan" is the most deceptive message I've seen in some years! What actually happens is that the boss has a shared HP and every clan member fights it individually and get a reward for doing a certain amount of damage to it. For a game named "Raid", not having any raid with multiple players seems pretty ironic.

And now for the best part: The store. They try to sell loot boxes with heroes inside for egregious prices, usually, the one that comes with the best box, that doesn't even guarantee the best rarity hero is the price of a released triple-A title, AT LAUNCH! That is the most ridiculous price I have seen in years! "Hmm, I wonder what I'm gonna do, get Cyberpunk, OOOOR A LOOT BOX?" And of course, they don't expect you to buy it without a discount, that is what anchoring is for! Now that you found this price absurd they will eventually pull up a "limited time" offer with a certain % of discount for you to believe that price is actually worth it because you know, obviously, a digital loot box with not even guarantee a legendary hero is worth the price, discounted. Obviously. (not)

If you are against the predatory practices that EA and Ubisoft have been implementing, do yourself a favour and don't play this game. The core game is pretty ok, but the monetization is simply evil.

I'm sorry for posting this, DeMod, but as a person who is worried about the integrity of how other gamers might become prey of egregious schemes, I cannot recommend this game at all.
Bro this was an April fools joke

Reactions: Xzi

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Well, I trust you, Ericzander! I'm gonna download and play it now! Worst thing that could happen is the game sucks, right? RIGHT!?
Nope. It's amazing.
Raid Shadow Legends, the best mobile game anyone could ever get as a sponsor. You know you made it in life when Raid Shadow Legends sponsors your content.
Not sponsored. I just like the stock. I mean the game.
GOSH DON'T TELL ME YOU GOT THE CURSE OF THE RAID SHADOW LEGENDS SPONSOR!
Nope. It's just amazing.

Nope. It's amazing.
Can't tell if this is a troll or not the article is very well written 10/10 /s
No troll. It's amazing.
Bro this was an April fools joke
Nope. It's amazing.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of morbid curiosity one week I tried some dumpster trash mobile games and this was one of them

It could actually be a decent game if it wasn't a money sink piece of shit game. It has a lot of actual challenging turn based combat and interesting team building but it's all thrown out the window because every 5 seconds the game has its hand out and they give you basically nothing for free. Content becomes heavily money gated after like, 1 day of playing. It's too bad, but not at all surprising because it works.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

zniel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raid shadow legends was a life changing experience. I met my wife there, we were married in 3 short weeks. We celebrated our wedding in Raid shadow legends (available free on the play store). We were told we could not have kids, but after playing Raid shadow legends for 3 months straight (currency discounts now avaliable) She got pregnant with twins. She watched me play Raid shadow legends while giving birth it was the best moment of our lives we had just go a free bonus XP boost in Raid Shadow legends. A few months after my wife died in child birth due to complications I met my new girlfriend on Raid Shadow legends (now with skin packs)we are planning to social distance together with our Raid shadow legends Guild all in one 6 bedroom apartment from the money I made with being sponsored by Raid shadow legends (download now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ