Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
shoptemp32.png
GBAtemp presents: ShopTemp!
Our brand new official affiliate and recommended store!

GBAtemp is proud to present: ShopTemp - our brand new official shop partner and newest member of the GBAtemp Network! Working together with a trusted associate we've struck a mutually beneficial and exclusive partnership deal that will allow for us to provide you, the members and customers, with some truly fantastic deals.

This arrangement was made for a variety of reasons: To ensure a stable unwavering income for GBAtemp's growth. To give you some of the best prices on quality items such as flash carts, modchips, and so on, as well as a variety of affordable shipping options. And finally allowing our community to have a constant source of prizes and gifts to hopefully mean that nothing like the WikiNDS situation should ever happen again.

Instead of depending on third party affiliates and sponsors to pay GBAtemp's running costs via a monthly fee, it will be your purchases going towards our growth and stability. The income we are provided with will allow us to add new features, pay server costs and generally give back to this community.

For existing members of the GBAtemp community, you will each be provided with a discount coupon for specific products within the shop, which is our way of saying thank you, and the ShopTemp crew's way of saying hello!

gbatempnetwork.1.png

ShopTemp's motto, "Our knowledge, your needs", refers to the tiered approach that this partnership offers, accompanying the customer before and after their purchase. Step one (before): Providing you with the information to make wise purchasing decisions. Step two (after): Giving you the necessary tools to make the most of your product in the form of support from the GBAtemp community, guides, and the necessary system files and resources hosted on Filetrip.

We're also proud to announce that we've been in talks with the Supercard team and that they've graciously provided GBAtemp & ShopTemp with a timed-exclusivity on the Supercard DSTWO. ShopTemp will have the hottest new cart nearly a week ahead of all other shops, and at a lower price! Pre-orders have begun here!

As seen here Costello will be appearing on the Tempcast at the the following date and time to take any of your additional questions.

icon11.gif
Continue reading more information...
icon11.gif
GBAtemp's ShopTemp discussion forum

shop_cart.gif
Visit ShopTemp

discuss.png
Discuss

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
As we're sure you have various questions and concerns, we've taken the time to cover most if not all of them:

Is GBAtemp running this shop?
No, this is not a GBAtemp owned or operated shop. What it is is an independent e-commerce business, based in Hong-Kong. We were contacted by a reliable associate whom we have personally known and dealt with for years, who has also worked within this industry for a very long time and wanted to start a new business. He asked us if we would like us to be partners. We then worked out a deal that would be advantageous to both parties.

ShopTemp will supply us with a permanent source of income that will benefit us in a lot of ways in exchange for all the advertising/affiliation that ensues, we get a share of the benefits made by the store. On top of that we helped them choose the products, come up with a great site design, wrote the product descriptions and thought of all sorts of features for the shop.

How will this affect the members?
On a superficial level, it won't. There will be virtually no difference between how we operated with our previous affiliates and how we operate now. The core difference is that we'll occasionally post GBAtemp exclusive deals and updates for members to take advantage of, such as the Supercard DSTWO timed-exclusivity deal we mentioned in the above post.

Where does the money go?
The same place it has always gone with the previous affiliates: towards the site. Except this being on a larger scale allowing us to improve and stabilize the quality of this site. For more specific usages:

1) This will be a stable income that will fund our server & technical costs once and for all.
2) This allows us to never have to rely on 3rd parties for holding contests & competitions any more. Remember WikiNDS? they never shipped out those prizes...
3) Depending on the income that it generates we aim at becoming a more professional website. We would like to expand our editorial content: more news, more articles, more reviews, etc.

Also, as a result of this partnership, the site will be ad-free again. There will be links to Shoptemp products & deals, but it will be more like part of the site general content.

Legally, I'm a little worried about what this might cause!
The business itself is completely based in Hong-Kong, their staff is in Hong-Kong, the server is in Canada (where most flashcart store websites are hosted), the only risk we ever may face is that we have to stop advertising Shoptemp. However, we've always advertised flashcart selling vendors, so why would we have problems with this one? Besides, GBAtemp and ShopTemp are actually separate entities. Nothing legally ties both, except for the advertising partnership.

So the support I get will be your typical Chingrish (difficult-to-read Chinese English)?
Absolutely not! We're very proud of the support staff that will be dealing with ShopTemp support/queries/website content etc. They are actually native English speakers and have an extremely detailed knowledge of their products and our operations! There will be no communication trouble, and if you take a look at ShopTemp, we're sure you'll find it a nice change to see a store that is full of useful and well-written information.

Will GBAtemp lose its objectivity and become biased?
Absolutely not. Everything will be the same as before. We will never influence a review for any kind of reason.
Actually, the opposite will happen. We first review the product on GBAtemp and if it's good, we'll tell the guys at ShopTemp to sell and promote said product.

We've asked that ShopTemp only carry the best and most popular carts and modchips that we have personally verified as being of quality. We will also be taking measures to make sure the customer makes informed decisions. Besides, no one could pull the wool over this community's eyes! You're a well-informed group that would be all to aware if someone tried to fudge the facts.

You can also check the review tab of any product to see customer reviews and even a score of professional reviews sampled from all over the web!

Will we be creating a forum section for ShopTemp?
Actually yes. Not because we necessarily want to make this a feature, but... simply because if we don't, people will post topics anyway. There will be topics all over the boards for any kind of question. People will post in the Site Discussions forum, in the Off-topic Area, even maybe in the Trading Forum. We need a place to consolidate all those topics. It's that simple. We won't be doing any official customer support on there, but we may report some stuff every now and then, like promotions, deals and all... Its more like a public place where people will post questions or feedback that the Shoptemp guys and ourselves will answer.

Will ShopTemp provide GBAtemp-themed merchandise?
In the future, we might be able to offer branded merchandise such as shirts, cups, and much more. The good thing is, they'll be much much better than our current ones, and hopefully more affordable.

Visit the shop, purchase
The shop's already open, and you can place orders at any time: ShopTemp.com. Every purchase goes towards making GBAtemp and ShopTemp better. On our end we'll be able to improve the forums, and on theirs they'll be able to provide a wider range of products.

I'm worried about counterfeit flash carts or "clones", what will ShopTemp be doing to avoid that?
You can purchase your favourite flash carts from ShopTemp safe in the knowledge that they are all 100% legit, manufacturer made, flash carts. ShopTemp will absolutely not be selling counterfeit flash carts.

ShopTemp is so slow!? The server seems sluggish.
ShopTemp is currently hosted on a temporary server and the staff is well aware of this issue, fear not, it will be sorted soon!

Thanks for reading all of this, feel free to ask anything about this situation that wasn't covered here, within reason of course.
tongue.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Enjoy everyone! I'm sure you're going to love ShopTemp, we've put months of work into it and hope you can tell us what you think in this topic and also in the dedicated ShopTemp discussion forums.

Thanks.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zuron7 said:
I love this!
Your actually selling flash cards.

I wish you don't get caught though.
The stupid thing I found is you are selling R4i.

I have a trusted place to buy flashcards from now.
DX steals Credit Card no.s
Its not run by GBATemp, they dont even own it, its just part of their network

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you temp

I knew you were going to do something big

This is great and I will be buying my next flashcart purchase here and the end of this month

Edit : Also thank you so so much for making it so the currency can be changed to £ as I normally have to convert it from dollars, this feature is amazing and will help many people, like me when shopping

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Rockstar said:
zuron7 said:
I love this!

It's still part of the network you know.
Meaning the whole Network will be caught if something happens.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
zuron7 said:
I love this!

He never asked if it was :wtf:

Anyways looks nice,though i don't think the R4s are needed...oh well lol maybe someone will buy it for the heck of it
tongue.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zuron7 said:
Rockstar said:
zuron7 said:
I love this!

It's still part of the network you know.
Meaning the whole Network will be caught if something happens.

I don't know what you mean by that, but they are hosted in entirely different countries, shoptemp is hosted in Canada whilst gbatemp is hosted in France.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello, you sly dog.

Looks good. We've needed a good alternative to DealExtreme, and while the prices here aren't as low as DX was when they hosted flashcarts, they're still rather comparable and it goes towards supporting GBAtemp. I'll make sure to order something from here when the time comes.

That Dingoo is looking mighty fine, I must say.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder how many of the Yes voters are going to actually buy something now
tongue.gif

Even though it's not really GBAtemp's shop, but still looks like so (more than other affiliates)

So this is what kept you busy all the time, eh
wink.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
Costello, you sly dog.

Looks good. We've needed a good alternative to DealExtreme, and while the prices here aren't as low as DX was when they hosted flashcarts, they're still rather comparable and it goes towards supporting GBAtemp. I'll make sure to order something from here when the time comes.

That Dingoo is looking mighty fine, I must say.

I was just looking at the Dingoo and I am thinking of purchasing one when the time is right

Prices are great in my opinion, definitely a great move by the Admin, I can see this site being a great hit with tempers and general public alike

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Folks, ShopTemp offers a variety of carts for every type of flash cart user, and the fact of the matter is, some people will want R4s. GBAtemp and ShopTemp will do their very best to help them make wise purchasing decisions and buy superior carts, but if they're set on the R4 and are going to buy it from somewhere, why not have it be ShopTemp? They're going to buy R4s one way or another, at least this way they're giving back to the scene.

Besides, the R4 isn't an awful cart. Some carts brick your system, the R4 just lacks features and support. But with software like MENUDO on the way, we may see an upswing in quality R4 uses.

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
Folks, ShopTemp offers a variety of carts for every type of flash cart user, and the fact of the matter is, some people will want R4s. GBAtemp and ShopTemp will do their very best to help them make wise purchasing decisions and buy superior carts, but if they're set on the R4 and are going to buy it from somewhere, why not have it be ShopTemp? They're going to buy R4s one way or another, at least this way they're giving back to the scene.

Besides, the R4 isn't an awful cart. Some carts brick your system, the R4 just lacks features and support. But with software like MENUDO on the way, we may see an upswing in quality R4 uses.
Yeah the I think I remember the developer saying Menodo works best on R4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning