RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i thought this was a joke that shoptemp was back then i saw that it wasn't selling directly
frown.gif
but it's still good that they are back, on top of that there is a lot of UK websites to buy from so that is good for me, i am not sure why the hell they have mr modchips on there though :S i have heard way too much bad stuff about them.
Shoptemp's effort is to be an index for all your flashcart and modding needs, as far as shopping goes.
If you've had a bad experience with an online store, by all means, leave them a bad review on their Shoptemp entry.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
RupeeClock said:
jalaneme said:
i thought this was a joke that shoptemp was back then i saw that it wasn't selling directly
frown.gif
but it's still good that they are back, on top of that there is a lot of UK websites to buy from so that is good for me, i am not sure why the hell they have mr modchips on there though :S i have heard way too much bad stuff about them.
Shoptemp's effort is to be an index for all your flashcart and modding needs, as far as shopping goes.
If you've had a bad experience with an online store, by all means, leave them a bad review on their Shoptemp entry.
that's exactly the point.
if you happen to have had bad experience with a store, you have to share this with everyone-- post a review.
We have contacted mr modchips and they have been extremely rude to us, I'm not surprised to hear of bad experiences with them.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg the new version is epic i first i was like wtf you dont even sell flashcarts but after looking around its amazing it list prices of all flashcarts from tons of sites. so u can get the best price with the best seller which in turn might make people lower their prices to be competitive which would benefit the consumer which is awesome

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
jalaneme said:
frown.gif
any store is open to making an account on the site, regardless of their reputation - if anything the new shoptemp will discourage (and highlight) bad dealers.

QUOTE(ron975 @ Feb 10 2011, 04:47 PM) Yeah, It is basically an improved trading section (partly)
The trading section has multiple flaws, such as it is nothing more than a discussion area - terms and the like must be discussed/decided upon by people which can limit deals.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Antoligy said:
jalaneme said:
frown.gif
any store is open to making an account on the site, regardless of their reputation - if anything the new shoptemp will discourage (and highlight) bad dealers.

ron975 said:
Yeah, It is basically an improved trading section (partly)
The trading section has multiple flaws, such as it is nothing more than a discussion area - terms and the like must be discussed/decided upon by people which can limit deals.

yeah that is a bad thing that ANYONE can make a account and start scamming people, hopefully a lot of people put in some decent feedback on who is the bad sellers and who is the good ones, also i am curious as to why the Trading marketplace don't need any posts before you can register as a seller? hopefully a decent feedback system so stop scammers on there too.

QUOTE(ThePowerOutage @ Feb 10 2011, 05:04 PM)
Yes!
Been looking for a decent uk retailer for a while.

yep, just be careful who you choose to buy from, i would wait for customer reviews before i start buying, btw ghost2fitter is a respected website i have been using them for a long time
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
that's exactly the point.
if you happen to have had bad experience with a store, you have to share this with everyone-- post a review.
We have contacted mr modchips and they have been extremely rude to us, I'm not surprised to hear of bad experiences with them.
I ordered from realhotstuff.hk earlier, a CycloDS iEvolution, based on Shoptemp's info.
Why them? They're Hong-Kong based and that's usually been good for low prices and fair shipping rates, much like Shoptemp was.
As a UK citizen, if I ordered from their US site, I may expect to pay more for both the shipping and flashcart because of US economy.
In any case, I plan to leave a review about my experience with the site when my order arrives, hopefully I can expect about 1-2 weeks shipping since it's Hong Kong post, and it's not Christmas.

Edit: I just noticed there's no product links inserted on page 5, is that a deliberate thing?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So one thing: What happened to all of the store credit that we had stored up? For example, I had the $63.00 in store credit, I take it that's trashed now?

But eh, good idea, doesn't appeal to me. Won't really be going to ShopTemp from now on.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
So one thing: What happened to all of the store credit that we had stored up? For example, I had the $63.00 in store credit, I take it that's trashed now?

But eh, good idea, doesn't appeal to me. Won't really be going to ShopTemp from now on.
Eh, that's quite a bit you had. Sorry to say that you most likely won't be getting it. That URL is now GBAtemp's, and the actual ShopTemp is gone. I think that this is a better compromise than any of us could've hoped for. I'm hoping someone gets tired of their Open Pandora soon.
tongue.gif

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ShadowSoldier said:
That's what I'm wondering about as well, although I only had $7.07.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SignZ said:
ShadowSoldier said:
That's what I'm wondering about as well, although I only had $7.07.

C'mon, Costello! There should be some sort of compensation for it.
happy.gif

Even if just a little. Also, Like to see my product recommendation was added quickly! In less than an hour.
happy.gif
Good ol' E-Link GBA cart.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:

I was lucky, and managed to spend everything I had left.
Walked away with 3 DStwos, an Acekard, and 12gb of memory, they made great xmas gifts.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I think besides the obvious selling things, we should be able to make some extra cash/credit on the new ShopTemp too. That would be cool. Even if it is just FileTrip references, or something simple like before. We could link to sponsor sites or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...