GBAtemp Extraordinaire: 5 questions to a legendary Temper - T-hug

ast temp thug.png

GBAtemp Extraordinaire
5 QUESTIONS TO A LEGENDARY TEMPER
dthug.png

T-hug
Since 2002, GBAtemp has been a community-powered site, and nothing is more important to the site than its user base. With this new editorial feature, we're bringing the spotlight to you! We've decided to ask a set of simple questions to a Legendary Temper: a long-standing member of the community, someone who has made important contributions, or who bears significance to the history of the site or the forums. This may include staff and non-staff members. We'll try to make this a weekly feature, but with over 500,000 members now, it may take a while for you to be featured :bortz:

Today is the finale of our 20th anniversary! Be sure to watch our raffle drawing and see if you win all the cool prizes we've got in store later. And what better way to celebrate than to hear from T-hug, one of the very first members of GBAtemp!

• Who are you, and what do you do in real life?
My name is Thomas and I'm a domestic electrician and plumber.
  • How did you find yourself joining GBAtemp?
I used to frequent irc on EFnet in #GBAnow #megaromz and eventually #GBAtemp. Before that I would use the singular GBAtemp.2ya webpage to check for the latest GBA ROMs to write to my 256mb flash2advance parallel port linker I purchased from Lik-Sang.
  • What's the most exciting/interesting/crazy thing or event that you've witnessed throughout your GBAtemp years?
I've seen some shady stuff go on behind the scenes of the scene over the years, but the craziest thing was being invited to go to Nintendo's offices in London to play their latest releases. I never actually went personally, but it was surreal to be invited considering what this site used to be.
  • What part of the video game industry are you currently interested in, or excited about?
To be honest, now I'm in my 40s and been gaming over 30 years, it's hard to get excited by games nowadays as I've seen and played it all. I am really loving gamepass though and have only bought 1 game in the last 2 years because of it (Elden Ring).
  • Do you have a message for the staff, an opinion you want to share with the community, or anything else you would like to say?
Just that I never imagined this site would last this long, and that really is a testament to the staff and members of the community. There really is no other place like it!

Thanks for reading. and thank you to T-hug! We hope you enjoyed this new editorial feature. If you think you qualify for Legendary Temper, feel free to leave a comment in this thread and your turn may eventually come.

:arrow: Make sure to check out our previous Legendary Tempers!

Attachments

• tempers (1).png
    tempers (1).png
    81.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by shaunj66,

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
T-hug bringing me back to the old days big time. He's right though. It would have been absurd to think back then that this site would be what it is now. Over the years it has been wild to see someone source GBAtemp in an article or video for their information or tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol