GBAtemp member ReyVGM launches crowdfunding campaign for 'NES Endings Compendium: Volume 2'

nes endings.jpg

After launching The NES Endings Compendium: Years 1985 - 1988 a few years ago, GBAtemp member @ReyVGM is back with another book about video game history. His new book, titled NES Endings Compendium: Volume 2, continues the NES Endings. This new volume provides a comprehensive retrospective at the ending of every single game released for the NES throughout 1990. You can expect to answer the following from the book:

What's the final boss fight like? What happens after the player achieves victory? Is there a grandiose final cutscene to reward the player's hard work, or does the game end with a boring nothingburger like a basic "Congratulations" message on a black screen?

For NES Endings Compendium: Volume 2, @ReyVGM has launched a Kickstarter campaign which has already exceeded its crowdfunding goals with less than 2 weeks left. Early backers will be rewarded with an exclusive double-sided Bookmark and there's also a free sample PDF with examples of the interior pages to help you decide whether to back this project or not.

Caution is advised as usual for such campaigns and this is not a sponsored article, but rather a shoutout to work undertaken by one of our very own community members.

:arrow: NES Endings Compendium: Volume 2 Kickstarter Campaign

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Amiga Owner
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very interesting book that goes into depth about the endings in video games, in particular games released on the NES. Although, a lot of it contains spoilers, so I wouldn't recommend it to those who haven't played them. But if you're into that, hats off to you.

@ReyVGM Good job on writing this.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually super cool and I haven't seen anything like this before. If I wasn't a broke college student I would absolutely contribute. This sounds awesome--best of luck getting it published!!

Reactions: ReyVGM

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am pretty sure there are Youtube videos for this with explanations, technical details. Don't see the appeal.
Not only that, but the author also appears to be the person behind vgmuseum.com (EDIT: Rey's behind the videogame endings section), which features a variety of impressive content, including all the NES games listed in the book, as well as video games for other consoles.

I must say that I am a big fan of vgmuseum.com, as it represents the kind of project that the internet needs more of. I haven't encountered anything this cool and specific since TOCWM.

The project's goal has already been exceeded, so I suppose there is interest in this book. However, like you, I don't quite see the point. I feel the same way about the book that was handed to me when I bought my car portraying the history of the company behind it. Like, cool... but why?

(Have I mentioned that vgmuseum.com is fantastic?)

Reactions: ReyVGM

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country

Thug4life, is that you?

I am pretty sure there are Youtube videos for this with explanations, technical details. Don't see the appeal.

I mean, you could say the same thing about watching a youtube video. Why watch a video when you can instead play and experience the game yourself without being told by another person how it feels to do so?

cool work but fuck crowdfunding. retro stuff like this should be a hobby not a crowdfund.

I don't know if you know, but I've been doing it has a hobby for 25 years (since 1999). For free.

I'm sorry you feel that way about it, but printing books costs money, 20 thousand dollars to be exact. Only way to get that kind of money is by crowdfunding it. Sad facts of life.

(Have I mentioned that vgmuseum.com is fantastic?)

Glad you appreciate the site :)

Last edited by ReyVGM,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    speardovich @ speardovich: :yay3ds: