GBAtemp Game of the Year 2018 Voting - Part 1: PlayStation

gbatemp_game_of_the_year_2018_b.jpg

It's now partway into December, and the year of 2018 is coming to a close. In that timeframe, many, many video games have come and gone, with the likes of new Pokemon, God of War, Assassin's Creed, and other titles hitting the shelves. Not every release was a major success, but as far as most gaming calendars go, this year was definitely one of the most packed. With 2019 around the corner, it's time to take a moment to reminisce on which video game was your absolute favorite of this past year.

As usual, GBAtemp will be holding our own version of the GOTY awards, where the best of the best will duke it out in the polls, only to lose to Pokemon in the end, and surprise nobody once more. We'll be splitting the categories by platform, PC/Microsoft, Nintendo, and PlayStation so that each will have representatives to go against each other when we do our final vote at the end of the year. This first thread is for voting on the best PlayStation game, which includes Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, and more. So long as they were released on 2018 for PlayStation 4, it's fair game!

Happy voting!

:arrow: 2017 Winner: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
:arrow: 2016 Winner: Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS)
:arrow: 2015 Winner: Undertale (PC)

:arrow: Upcoming Vote Thread: Nintendo
:arrow: Nominations for best romhacks/fangames

Credit to FAST for this...beautiful banner, representing the greatest gaming had to offer this year.

GBAtemp Official Review Scores

God of War - 10/10

Spider-Man - 8.3/10

Yakuza 6 - 8.3/10

Dissidia NT - 6.5/10

Persona 3 + 5: Endless Dancing Collection - 8/10

Ni No Kuni II - 8.5/10

Dragon Ball FighterZ - 9/10

Call of Cthulhu - 7/10

Iconoclasts - 7.2/10

Hitman 2 - 9/10

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - 5.5/10

D

Deleted User

I voted for Tetris effect because that shit is incredibly trippy and there's a video of a world champion performing a world first world record for a 12 combo in VR that's crazy to watch.

Others haven't really impressed me at all.

Reactions: Hmed and Itzumi

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
RDR2 or GOW should win this year.

I voted for Tetris effect because that shit is incredibly trippy and there's a video of a world champion performing a world first world record for a 12 combo in VR that's crazy to watch.

Others haven't really impressed me at all.
Your Address please so i can shoot you.

Reactions: Hmed

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's now partway into December, and the year of 2018 is coming to a close. In that timeframe, many, many video games have come and gone, with the likes of new Pokemon, God of War, Assassin's Creed, and other titles hitting the shelves. Not every release was a major success, but as far as most gaming calendars go, this year was definitely one of the most packed. With 2019 around the corner, it's time to take a moment to reminisce on which video game was your absolute favorite of this past year.

As usual, GBAtemp will be holding our own version of the GOTY awards, where the best of the best will duke it out in the polls, only to lose to Pokemon in the end, and surprise nobody once more. We'll be splitting the categories by platform, PC/Microsoft, Nintendo, and PlayStation so that each will have representatives to go against each other when we do our final vote at the end of the year. This first thread is for voting on the best PlayStation game, which includes Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human, God of War, and more. So long as they were released on 2018 for PlayStation 4, it's fair game!

Happy voting!

:arrow: 2017 Winner: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS)
:arrow: 2016 Winner: Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS)
:arrow: 2015 Winner: Undertale (PC)

:arrow: Upcoming Vote Thread: Nintendo
:arrow: Nominations for best romhacks/fangames

Credit to FAST for this...beautiful banner, representing the greatest gaming had to offer this year.

GBAtemp Official Review Scores

God of War - 10/10

Spider-Man - 8.3/10

Yakuza 6 - 8.3/10

Dissidia NT - 6.5/10

Persona 3 + 5: Endless Dancing Collection - 8/10

Ni No Kuni II - 8.5/10

Dragon Ball FighterZ - 9/10

Call of Cthulhu - 7/10

Iconoclasts - 7.2/10

Hitman 2 - 9/10

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - 5.5/10
i love that list!^^ thanks for that and the votingpool

Reactions: Hmed and Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Clearly the answer is Valkyria Chronicles 4.
That one will be on the PC voting list. To offer more of a variety, if a game is multiplatform, it'll show up once on another list, in this case, PC. SoulCalibur VI as well. Celeste (PC + Switch release) will show up on the Switch side of things, etc.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That one will be on the PC voting list. To offer more of a variety, if a game is multiplatform, it'll show up once on another list, in this case, PC. SoulCalibur VI as well. Celeste (PC + Switch release) will show up on the Switch side of things, etc.

It's still the only true answer

Reactions: Chary

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, DBZ is the only one of these I've played this year. I'll get Digimon or Yakuza eventually, but I just finished the first Cyber Sleuth and Kiwami, so I'm taking a break from those.

DBZ is great, and got lots of people excited for fighting games that normally wouldn't be. Plus it proves SonicFox can actually dominate at real fighting games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them