FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

GBAtemp book game club is back with a new edition but as ever the quick summary of the series concept. In this series each edition has a suggestion of a game (or a couple of them) and then those that wish get to play the suggested titles (or recall a previous playthrough should they have played it back when) and discuss it among the others in the thread. It is our wish to directly state this is no simple top ? games thread as those have been done to death. Although the top games of a system will feature should a game have something else going for it such as being the first or last game from a developer or indeed an attempt at something else from them, a twist on a classic series, a genre not usually done on a platform (modern style RTS on consoles for instance) or something along those lines then it might well feature. Commercial releases, rom hacks, homebrew and other sources mainly from each of the consoles we traditionally covered (and pull these suggestions from) and on occasion we add in an additional criteria (budget, not released in certain regions, small run, release timeframe....) or special features (compare and contrast, first ? levels/minutes....).

#30- Obscure: The Aftermath (Wii)

Otherwise known as ObsCure II it is the sequel to an earlier title called ObsCure although it is a sequel in the same sense as Resident Evil or Silent hill where having some idea of the backstory is nice but far from essential. As the franchises just mention imply this is a somewhat cheesy horror game and one of the more underrated titles on the wii (although it is also available on the PC, PS2 and PSP). The game comes from Hydravision and at the time they only really had the previous title to their name although they later did the PS2 and wii ports of alone in the dark and a few small scale titles. The game itself might not stand as well when compared to other horror titles (although controls are pretty good) but a nice co-op mode and a 80's horror theme have found it a fair fanbase.

Playthrough (French language unfortunately)

[/p]

753big.png
[/p]

GBAtemp release thread[/p]

Reason for the "should have seen it coming" when discussing alone in the dark or a underrated gem for the wii?. Discussion in the thread below.

discuss.png
ongoing discussion

gbagotw should get you other links in this series

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've played the first one on the ps2 with my best friend... Even though i get scared easily...
I remember, once, we were in an dark alley, but there were no monsters around. I said:
"It looks safe..." As soon as I said that, a monster jumps out of a narrow corridor at me!
I hit that thing at the rythmin of "F*** you! F*** you! F*** you!" until it dies.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Literally just finished this last week on the PSP. Pretty good game. Not as good as the first. Although I did play that one as a coop, which helps.

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Survival horror being one of my favorite genre, I started this game but got sidetracked at the time. All the movie-esque college drama at the beginning was a huge turn off. And during the first 'event', I made a wrong turn, backtracked, got back to the graveyard (or whatever it was) and could proceed no further. After reloading the game and trying again, this time with speed in mind, I got past that part but had lost interest in general. Perhaps this will give me the impetus to finish the game...

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know why I missed this the first time around, looks good. I kinda like the colege-drama-stuff.. reminds me of the times I used to watch Heartbreak High, barely being able to watch the subtitles and not even knowing what 'heartbreak high' literally meant :P

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it a while back on the PSP.
The story and cutscenes were pretty creepy/cool.
It brings a very strange/fantasy touch to the horror genre.
Modern setting mixed with decayed and warped areas.
It borrows a little from resident evil and silent hill and does it pretty well.
Not the best of the best, but certainly worth a playthrough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-