Homebrew GBARunner2

Lumpy64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! it's been a min! I used to follow this during the pandemic when I was really into DS modding! ty for your contributions to the scene Gericom, RocketRobz and all you other cool ass people, yall made it so fun!

I just logged back into my account, and noticed that you guys were talking about a Gbarunner3 coming out soon, and I was wondering if there was any plans to implement a sleep feature?

PS; where can I donate? I'd love to asap for your great work :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! it's been a min! I used to follow this during the pandemic when I was really into DS modding! ty for your contributions to the scene Gericom, RocketRobz and all you other cool ass people, yall made it so fun!

I just logged back into my account, and noticed that you guys were talking about a Gbarunner3 coming out soon, and I was wondering if there was any plans to implement a sleep feature?
Yes, it is planned.
PS; where can I donate? I'd love to asap for your great work :)
This page has a Donate button: https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner2

maniacnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
hello there )
Dear RocketRobz, Is it possible to make a minimum input lag for the new version of gbarunner3? in gbarrunner2 you can remove the centering for minimal input lag, but visual glitches appear outside the game frame.

_aurasphere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @Gericom and @RocketRobz ! I am wondering if GBARunner3 will have the ability to play CFRU hacks such as Radical Red. I'm dying to play that ROM hack on my DSi and right now I get a white screen error trying to run it on my DSi via GBARunner2. Do you expect GBARunner3 to be able to run heavily edited decomp hacks like Radical Red?

I'm a newbie to this scene, but I've seen how much work y'all have done to make so much cool stuff possible, thank you so much! I will try to donate in the near future as well :D

Reactions: Gericom

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello there )
Dear RocketRobz, Is it possible to make a minimum input lag for the new version of gbarunner3? in gbarrunner2 you can remove the centering for minimal input lag, but visual glitches appear outside the game frame.
It's possible, but that's a low-priority feature, I think.
Hi @Gericom and @RocketRobz ! I am wondering if GBARunner3 will have the ability to play CFRU hacks such as Radical Red. I'm dying to play that ROM hack on my DSi and right now I get a white screen error trying to run it on my DSi via GBARunner2. Do you expect GBARunner3 to be able to run heavily edited decomp hacks like Radical Red?

I'm a newbie to this scene, but I've seen how much work y'all have done to make so much cool stuff possible, thank you so much! I will try to donate in the near future as well :D
GBARunner3 will have hicode support in order for it to run certain Pokemon ROM hacks.

Reactions: CrashMidnick

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It is still possible in gbarunner3 to disable center and mask, but it cannot hide the offscreen area, just like gbarunner2. There's already a hicode branch that might work for some Pokemon hacks. But it's still a troublesome thing.

YoungK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Custom border support for GBArunner3 has been implemented, and Pokémon Emerald boots now in regular DS mode!

View attachment 408081
How did ya get frames working? I got it working for GBARunner2 but not 3. Thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Anyone got Good Boy Galaxy working on GBARunner2 or 3?
Post automatically merged:

Also just wanted to see you are doing amazing work!

Last edited by YoungK,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between the Arm7 and Arm9 DS build of GBARunner2? Either seems to work on my flash cart in my DSi. Also, I assume that even if I'm using a DSi, if it's on a flash cart I should use the DS build and not the DSi build, correct?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between the Arm7 and Arm9 DS build of GBARunner2? Either seems to work on my flash cart in my DSi. Also, I assume that even if I'm using a DSi, if it's on a flash cart I should use the DS build and not the DSi build, correct?
arm9 build makes the DLDI driver run on arm9, and the arm7 build runs it on arm7.
The arm7 build exists for the DSi to run from the SD card, as well as some flashcards not working with the arm9 build.

HK$

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
SRAM is currently not supported in GBARunner3 yet. It'll be supported later on.
I compiled your sram-write branch and it works great on my dsi. I can use it for everyday use now. :grog:

For the NDS, maybe add a key combination (or an option if option menu is implemented) for manually save sram to sd card?

Last edited by HK$,
Reactions: RocketRobz

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh.....Then I go back under my Stone for another Year....😂
You could compile GBARUNNER3 yourself if you want to though. Not sure what you need, but some pages ago someone posted a compiled version, so try that if you don't want to wait for an official release.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You could compile GBARUNNER3 yourself if you want to though. Not sure what you need, but some pages ago someone posted a compiled version, so try that if you don't want to wait for an official release.
Of Course....I am pretty sure my Result looks like this....🤣

il_fullxfull.3395492002_jwq9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nikokaro

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of Course....I am pretty sure my Result looks like this....🤣

View attachment 419831

https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3

How to compile GBARunner3:

- Install the latest version of DevKitPRO from their official repo: https://github.com/devkitPro/installer/releases
- Clone GBARunner3 repo with submodules in your workspace:
`git clone --recursive https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3.git`
- Run `make` inside the `/code` folder, you should get `GBARunner3.nds` inside `/code/bootstrap`.
NOTE: Currently only Windows is able to compile, Linux/macOS users may get a fix in the future.

To run it, you need:
- `TwilightMenu++ 26.1.1` or higher already installed in your SD card/flashcard.
- Move your previously compiled `GBARunner3.nds` inside `/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators` folder in your SD card.
- Get (on your own) retail GBA bios, rename it as `bios.bin` and put it inside the `/_gba` folder in your SD card.
- Get the configs folder from the repository you cloned, copy it inside of the `/_gba` folder, it should be `/_gba/configs`.
- Write `GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1` text line under the `[SRLOADER]` section in `/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini`
- If you're using a flashcard, compatibility has been fixed, so will be able to run this as well.

You can check the current status on the compatibility list here (contributors are welcome):

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3

How to compile GBARunner3:

- Install the latest version of DevKitPRO from their official repo: https://github.com/devkitPro/installer/releases
- Clone GBARunner3 repo with submodules in your workspace:
`git clone --recursive https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3.git`
- Run `make` inside the `/code` folder, you should get `GBARunner3.nds` inside `/code/bootstrap`.
NOTE: Currently only Windows is able to compile, Linux/macOS users may get a fix in the future.

To run it, you need:
- `TwilightMenu++ 26.1.1` or higher already installed in your SD card/flashcard.
- Move your previously compiled `GBARunner3.nds` inside `/_nds/TWiLightMenu/emulators` folder in your SD card.
- Get (on your own) retail GBA bios, rename it as `bios.bin` and put it inside the `/_gba` folder in your SD card.
- Get the configs folder from the repository you cloned, copy it inside of the `/_gba` folder, it should be `/_gba/configs`.
- Write `GBARUNNER3_TEST = 1` text line under the `[SRLOADER]` section in `/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini`
- If you're using a flashcard, compatibility has been fixed, so will be able to run this as well.

You can check the current status on the compatibility list here (contributors are welcome):

Thank you.❤️😉👍

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P