Homebrew GBARunner2

Maddog_117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Help me please. What is the cause of this problem, and can I fix it? I am using Ds lite and supercard dsone. Until recently, I used microsd sdhc 32gb and now I switched to micro sdxc 64gb. And using the same version of gbarunner, some games do not run on 64gb when they run on 32gb! Batman begins, Ultimate spider-man, Naruto ninja council 2. Why so? I want to use a 64gb card and compile a complete collection of what interests me and what works on my Ds lite. Please help.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help me please. What is the cause of this problem, and can I fix it? I am using Ds lite and supercard dsone. Until recently, I used microsd sdhc 32gb and now I switched to micro sdxc 64gb. And using the same version of gbarunner, some games do not run on 64gb when they run on 32gb! Batman begins, Ultimate spider-man, Naruto ninja council 2. Why so? I want to use a 64gb card and compile a complete collection of what interests me and what works on my Ds lite. Please help.
Seems to be the format of your SD card to me. Make sure it is formatted to fat32 with 32kb cluster size. BACKUP your files before you format! Do this with guiformat
http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

Last edited by Zense,

Tripiantes

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem that I hope has a simple solution. My DSi has broken L and R shoulder buttons, is therea a way to config button mapping in gbarunner without having to tap the R button? I also have a 3DS if there is a way I can config a file there and then transfer it or maybe with PC. I hope you can help me and thank you in advance!

Reactions: Tarmfot

Maddog_117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I also wanted to say a little about those moments that I discovered while collecting games and checking the compatibility list.

007 - James Bond - Everything or Nothing - is only buggy on the first level. Then the game works pretty well.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 - the game does not crash after creating a profile.

Racing Gears Advance does not crash at all during the intro, but hangs for a while. But if you leave it like this for 5-6 minutes, then it will work, and will work perfectly! And so it was with the rather old versions of Gba runner.

Also, Worms Blast [E] is not working properly. It freezes in the middle of the second level.

It is sad that the Revenge of shinobi is not working. I love that game (I know most think it sucks), but for me it's part of the Shinobi series that I love.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-19_2-57-36.png
    upload_2020-5-19_2-57-36.png
    312 bytes · Views: 140

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also wanted to say a little about those moments that I discovered while collecting games and checking the compatibility list.

007 - James Bond - Everything or Nothing - is only buggy on the first level. Then the game works pretty well.

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 - the game does not crash after creating a profile.

Racing Gears Advance does not crash at all during the intro, but hangs for a while. But if you leave it like this for 5-6 minutes, then it will work, and will work perfectly! And so it was with the rather old versions of Gba runner.

Also, Worms Blast [E] is not working properly. It freezes in the middle of the second level.

It is sad that the Revenge of shinobi is not working. I love that game (I know most think it sucks), but for me it's part of the Shinobi series that I love.
Thanks for testing! I knew about some of these as they've shown the same results for the DSi/3DS builds. I take it you tested the DS since it's compatibility list isn't as up to date.
I've tried every trick in the book to get Shinobi to get past the point where it freezes without any luck. Hopefully it's related to other games that freeze and is fixable without too much effort needed.

I have a problem that I hope has a simple solution. My DSi has broken L and R shoulder buttons, is therea a way to config button mapping in gbarunner without having to tap the R button? I also have a 3DS if there is a way I can config a file there and then transfer it or maybe with PC. I hope you can help me and thank you in advance!
Yes you can configure it on your 3DS and then transfer the gbarunner2.ini file from the _gba folder on your SD card to your other system. Another way would be to open the file with a notepad and edit it directly, you might even be able to do that with some file manager homebrew directly on your DS. I believe there was one that let you do that but can't remember it's name.

Last edited by Zense,

Tripiantes

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes you can configure it on your 3DS and then transfer the gbarunner2.ini file from the _gba folder on your SD card to your other system. Another way would be to open the file with a notepad and edit it directly, you might even be able to do that with some file manager homebrew directly on your DS. I believe there was one that let you do that but can't remember it's name.

Thank your for your response <3. I found the .ini file but I have this options to edit, is there a line I can add for mapping buttons or does it not support button mapping?

[emulation]
useBottomScreen=false
centerMask=true
gbaColors=false
mainMemICache=true
wramICache=true
skipIntro=false

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank your for your response <3. I found the .ini file but I have this options to edit, is there a line I can add for mapping buttons or does it not support button mapping?

[emulation]
useBottomScreen=false
centerMask=true
gbaColors=false
mainMemICache=true
wramICache=true
skipIntro=false
You need to update gbarunner2. Go to the first post and find the GitHub. Go to releases tab and get the latest gbarunner2_arm7dldi_dsi.nds and put it on your sd card. Or you can easily update to the latest twilightmenu++.

Last edited by Zense,

Tripiantes

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You need to update gbarunner2. Go to the first post and find the GitHub. Go to releases tab and get the latest gbarunner2_arm7dldi_dsi.nds and put it on your sd card. Or you can easily update to the latest twilightmenu++.

Thank you for your help. My gbarunner and twilight menu were updated, the problem was the input config only appears once you configure it for the first time. I did it on my 3DS and it works like a charm now. For the people with the same problem that me copy and paste this on your gbarunner2.ini:

[emulation]
useBottomScreen=true
frame=true
centerMask=true
mainMemICache=true
wramICache=true
gbaColors=false
skipIntro=false
[input]
buttonA=0
buttonB=1
buttonL=11
buttonR=10
buttonStart=3
buttonSelect=2

This will make your L and R Y and X respectively. Thank yo for your help Zense

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Zense I have been wondering for years why Shinobi stopped working.
It was playable in a very early build. commit 2286ea0 (2017/01/08)
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2?oldid=65227
Interesting. It was never written in the notes that this was a regression, and one from 2017 at that. I'll have to add that then. I've been thinking I should do a run through of games marked as having regressions to see if they actually are, but it's a lot of work especially with having to set up older builds, so I've just been hoping for them to be fixed along the way like many of them actually have. I'm not sure if all the older builds would run well on twilightmenu++ and my ak2i had many issues.

In case you know any other regressions that aren't marked on the wiki then please share though

D

Deleted User

Interesting. It was never written in the notes that this was a regression, and one from 2017 at that. I'll have to add that then. I've been thinking I should do a run through of games marked as having regressions to see if they actually are, but it's a lot of work especially with having to set up older builds, so I've just been hoping for them to be fixed along the way like many of them actually have. I'm not sure if all the older builds would run well on twilightmenu++ and my ak2i had many issues.

In case you know any other regressions that aren't marked on the wiki then please share though
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2?oldid=66013
Famicom Mini Vol. 08 - Mappy [J] is working in a very old build. commit ba222be (2017/03/06)
This is the only other game I can think of.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2?oldid=66013
Famicom Mini Vol. 08 - Mappy [J] is working in a very old build. commit ba222be (2017/03/06)
This is the only other game I can think of.
Yep, that one I'm aware of since the wiki reports it. I did check that Star Soldier shmup famicom mini game which was reported as not working and it is working now. I didn't apply an ap patch when I tested mappy since star soldier worked without it. It's possible more famicom mini games work with that, but I haven't really prioritized checking them tbh.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Yep, that one I'm aware of since the wiki reports it. I did check that Star Soldier shmup famicom mini game which was reported as not working and it is working now. I didn't apply an ap patch when I tested mappy since star soldier worked without it. It's possible more famicom mini games work with that, but I haven't really prioritized checking them tbh.
I think this is because Star Soldier and Mappy don´t have copy protection.

Maddog_117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Zense I have been wondering for years why Shinobi stopped working.
It was playable in a very early build. commit 2286ea0 (2017/01/08)
Oh thanks! Since I already have Gba Runner cfc6525 for Boktai 2 and 3, I thought the one for Shinobi would not be a problem. And Shinobi really does not freeze in this version. But unfortunately slo-mo and super speed go one after another. Nevertheless, thank you very much for the information, I will wait and hope that perhaps the next versions of gba runner will someday be able to start Shinobi in better condition.

wopnoenoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is anything else being done about the delay between gb/gba audio channels on the ds and ds lite? The mp2000 branch seemed to fix this, but the issue's still there in the latest dsp builds.

Reactions: SummonerArthur

Robin9304

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ah thank you for your answer. I've downloaded twilightmenu++'s latest release, which include the gbarunner. Is that good, or do i have to download them manually?

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"